Brookdale Chesterley AL (WA)

1100 N 35th Ave, Yakima, WA 98902
Brookdale Chesterley AL (WA) (844) 334-3818

Reviews of Brookdale Chesterley AL (WA)

Assisted Living Reviews for Brookdale Chesterley AL (WA)

May 30, 2011

By 53r3n3Gavan

Friend or relative of resident

My grandmother (Nana) entered Chesterley Meadows when she was about 92 years old and still fairly active and independent. Initially, whe was very angry about being moved to an assisted living facility, and she was difficult to work with. The staff were patient with her and allowed her time to get settled. It took about 3 months for her to truly settle into her new home, but Chesterley Meadows turned out to be a positive move for her. It is very clean and homey inside, with a large dining area, wide spacious halls, reading area, and beautiful park grounds around the facility. My grandmother's room was rather small and cramped, but she didn't seem to mind. She had a single room, which tends to be small if you have a lot of "stuff", which my grandmother did. Chesterley Meadows offers plenty of social opportunities for it's residents, such as church services, concerts, games (bingo), and exercise classes. The only area where I think Chesterley Meadows needed improving on was when my grandmother was no longer able to adequately take care of herself. She was slowly progressing from being fairly self-sufficient to needing more individual care. I think Chesterley Meadows needs to have better trained staff when it comes to monitoring residents for signs of deterioration, increasing dementia or signs of Altzheimers. We noticed my grandmother's health and mental state deteriorating, yet the staff didn't seem to be tending to her needs during this transition phase. Seniors who stop making it to the dining room, start sleeping more or acting confused should be closely monitored and although Chesterley Meadows is for active seniors who can still take care of themselves, it's vital for an assisted living facility to be aware of the constantly changing needs of it's residents. A 92 year old woman's state of mind and health can change in a matter of weeks or even days, going from self sufficient to needing complete assistance. I would have liked to see Chesterley Meadows staff make recommendations sooner to have my grandmother moved into a different facility that offered her better care. Overall, Chesterley Meadows is a wonderful facility if your loved one can truly fend for themselves and needs limited assistance.

Photos of Brookdale Chesterley AL (WA)

Services and Amenities of Brookdale Chesterley AL (WA)

About Brookdale Chesterley AL (WA)

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Map of Brookdale Chesterley AL (WA)

Brookdale Chesterley AL (WA)