The Bedford

Reviews of The Bedford

Independent Living Reviews for The Bedford

October 18, 2017

By Lou

The people at The Bedford are friendly, the staff is good, the management is good, but the food has gone down a little bit. The rooms are nice and the maintenance is good. It is a nice community. I go to Red Hats and to the Church that we have on Sundays. Once in a while, I go to happy hour to hear the singing. We have different entertainers that come during dinner on Saturdays, and we have a lot of different outings to places. Doctors' appointments are Tuesday and Thursday mornings.

August 12, 2016

By Judy073743

The Bedford was different since it had two sets of husband and wife live-in managers. We got to meet all four of them, and they were fabulous. They don't just do paperwork managerial type of things. They were active in every aspect of the community and actually serving coffee at lunch. One of the managers showed us two apartments that were being lived in, and the residents were very welcoming and willing to show their units to us. We were really impressed with everything. Every resident that we met seemed to be glowing and wanting us to know the place was wonderful. I didn't hear a negative word from anybody. The residents and the staff seemed to know everybody by name. The staff was really interacting with the residents.

January 30, 2016

By daughter of potential resident

Great location, pleasant environment. My mom had a preview stay here and was comfortable and they were more than accommodating hosts to her. Because this is an independent living (only) community, we thought it would provide a more active base of residents for my mom. We found that not to be the case and maybe because it is an independent living (only) community, many of the residents are still driving and out and about. This makes for a quiet setting within the community which isn't what my mom needs. The apartments are very nice with fireplaces, an amenity not found anywhere else. The meal plan is not flexible - its 3 meals per day with strict dining hours but still the rent is fair compared to other comparably nice communities in Vancouver. This is a very nice place but just not the best fit for my mom.

October 16, 2015

Our visit at The Bedford was enjoyable. The environment was good. The staff was very nice.

June 29, 2015

The Bedford had the most charming apartments among the places I visited. When it was built, it was not meant to be a retirement home. It was built as sort of a resort. It was gorgeous. They had transportation, but you have to pay every time you want to go anyplace. They had an indoor swimming pool, which was something I was really looking for. I loved the décor, the building, and the pool.

July 31, 2014

My mother was in The Bedford. She liked it there a lot. There was no complaint. There, she got card games and bingo. They had a bus that took them to the casino and to shopping. Also they would take them to doctor's appointments. The Bedford was a beautiful place. They had really wide halls. It was pleasant and it was pretty.

December 27, 2013

By Susan74748650

The Bedford was excellent. It had cleaning service. Every room had a fireplace with washer and drier. They had a chef and they had excellent meals.

December 27, 2012

By caring12101

The Bedford is very good. They're very helpful and I have no complaints. They will give you and help you with your requests. Compared to any other, I think it's very good.

Questions about The Bedford

Describe the overall population of independent living residents at The Bedford. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

What transportation services does The Bedford offer to independent living residents?

What makes the chef or dining program at The Bedford exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

What safety features or security measures does The Bedford offer to independent living residents?

If The Bedford accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Does The Bedford work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

Costs for The Bedford

Photos of The Bedford

Services and Amenities of The Bedford

• Housing Extra: Individual Climate Control, Safety Rails In Bathroom, Telephone Hookup, Walk In Tub, Washer Dryer Hookup

• Dining Extra: Private Dining Room, Resident Kitchen

• Hiking Trails
  • Pool
  • Features Extra: Library, Locked Mailboxes, Elevator, Hot Tub, Parking: Covered, Private

• Technology Extra: Wi Fi In Common Areas

• Activities Extra: Billiard Lounge, Game Room, Activity Room

• Pets: Most Pets Allowed

About The Bedford

the-bedford.com

The Bedford is located in Vancouver, WA, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

So come to The Bedford for a visit...and stay!

Map of The Bedford