Kamlu Retirement Inn-Vancouver

Offers Independent Living

1000 NE 82nd Ave, Vancouver, WA 98664
Kamlu Retirement Inn-Vancouver (360) 695-9281
PROMOTION! 29 days

Move-in by March 31st and receive $500 off your first 3 months. Applies to April, May, and June rent. Ask for details when you tour.

Reviews of Kamlu Retirement Inn-Vancouver

Independent Living Reviews for Kamlu Retirement Inn-Vancouver

July 17, 2017

By Bert

Kamlu was a nice place and one of the closer ones to being affordable. The people treated us well, and it was a pleasant visit. The staff was very informative.

January 18, 2017

By Chris630110

I thought Kamlu Retirement Inn would be perfect for my mother. You can have your own caregivers come in if you want and get services as you need them, so you can stay there for a long time without having to move. The location was fine and near the hospital in the neighborhood. The food was fine and in very small portions, but the elderly don't need much.

July 13, 2016

By Dan268583

Kamlu is a nice place in a nice quite area and very clean. It is also priced reasonably, although a little higher than what I like. They have nice people, and their food is good. Everything was good, but it just didn’t have a place for me.

June 22, 2016

By BEA035832

Kamlu Retirement was very friendly, but the gentleman showing us the facility was pushy. It was very basic but expensive. The common areas were adequate, and they take pets.

Hello, and thank you for taking the time to tour our community and share with us your honest opinion and feedback. We're very happy to hear Kamlu Retirement was friendly, but also regret hearing you found the gentleman conducting the tour to be pushy. We truly do appreciate you reaching out and letting us know your experience. It is always our mission to provide our residents and their families with the highest quality of care and services, and consider anytime we miss that mark or fall short of that goal to be a learning opportunity.

June 08, 2016

By Curious Visitor046134

I had a tour at Kamlu Retirement in Vancouver. The place was nice and clean, and the food smelled good. I looked at a small studio room. What I liked best about the place was that everybody was friendly and really care. I just hope they are not that expensive.

May 12, 2016

By PriscillaSAWDJ

Kamlu Retirement was very clean and the décor was nice. The people were friendly, and we liked that they have couples that live on-site. The food was good as well.

September 29, 2015

I found Kamlu through Caring.com. Kamlu had an opening when I wanted to move, that's why I'm here. Everything is just fine. The food is good. I've got a studio apartment, which is satisfactory for myself and my two small dogs. It is quite comfortable. They have bingo and games and they go different places and what-not, but I just haven't gotten into those yet. They have a large dining room and I get three meals a day. The food is quite satisfactory. The staff members are very kind people too.

September 29, 2015

We visited Kamlu Retirement Inn-Vancouver for our mother. It was an interesting place, but it was remote from my sister who's the person who would be the most intimately involved in keeping track of how our mother is doing, so we felt that it was not appropriate. The staff appeared to be competent, and the people with whom we spoke were helpful. Everything was clean. It seemed to be a good place, but as we say, the location was simply not appropriate.

September 14, 2015

My mother currently lives in Kamlu. It is fine. It is a nice place to live. However, I just want to get my mother in a facility where she can transition to assisted living, and Kamlu does not have that capability; that's why we're looking somewhere else. She likes Kamlu; there is nothing wrong with it other than the food. Food is pretty restricted. A lot of people complained about the food. However, everything else is fine. The rooms are OK. They have little kitchenette and what-have-you. They have different sizes for different places. The facility is older. My mother is OK there. She likes it. What they could improve on the selection of food and cleaning the floors. They have housekeeping provided in their rent, but they don't really clean the floors.

December 22, 2014

By Carolyn65589850

I absolutely loved Kamlu Retirement Inn. I liked them a lot, and the price was very accommodating. They had a walk in closet which I liked. They also had a studio. When I first walked in, I felt like I was at home. There was a big room. It was very clean, and all the people there were very accommodating. They had a beauty shop. They had games that they played. They had Saturday night movie nights. One of the things that I liked with them was that you could go all across United States to any of these facilities, and you could use it and stay at these places free for one week. You would have food and all other things They also had a little snack bar with healthy food in it, and you were allowed to tell the chef what you would like. There were different varieties of food. It was kind of like an all you can eat buffet. They had cafeteria style, and the food was excellent. The fellow that dealt with me and the whole staff showed a deep sincerity for helping people. I even had calls from them inviting me to dinner. They had included me like I was already a member because I told them I was very interested.

June 18, 2014

My mother was at Kamlu Retirement Inn. It wasn’t a facility for intensive care, but for independent living. Some people drove their own cars, and it was kind of like an apartment. They have people who come up to their rooms and clean them. The staff were very good at making sure everything was all right. With their activities, every day they have something going on. They have a bus that would take you shopping if you wanted to go.

May 29, 2014

At Kamlu Retirement Inn, the environment was very friendly, but I didn't particularly like the apartments because they seemed extremely small. The staff was very nice though, and regarding activities, they have anything you want there. What I like most about this facility is the price. It is very reasonable.

March 29, 2013

I stayed at Kamlu in Vancouver, WA for a little while. The place is great as well as the staff. Food is great there and they're very efficient in the kitchen. I always ask for an alternative to ham because it seems like they serve a lot of that in these facilities. One time we had salmon and that was great. They just need to improve on the billing.

Costs for Kamlu Retirement Inn-Vancouver

Photos of Kamlu Retirement Inn-Vancouver

Services and Amenities of Kamlu Retirement Inn-Vancouver

• Fee Structure Extra: Included In Rent: Basic Cable, Electric, Sewer, Water

• Housing Extra: Handicap Barrier Free Units Available, Hardwood, Individual Climate Control, Safety Rails In Bathroom, Telephone Hookup, Walk In Tub

• Dining Extra: Private Dining Room, Resident Kitchen

• Hiking Trails
  • Features Extra: Laundry Room For Use, Library, Locked Mailboxes, Elevator, Parking: Covered

• Technology Extra: Wi Fi In Common Areas

• Activities Extra: Billiard Lounge, Game Room, Activity Room

• Pets: Most Pets Allowed

About Kamlu Retirement Inn-Vancouver

kamlu-vancouver.com

Kamlu Retirement Inn-Vancouver is located in Vancouver, WA, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

So come to Kamlu Retirement Inn-Vancouver for a visit...and stay!

Map of Kamlu Retirement Inn-Vancouver