Tacoma Lutheran Home & Retirement Community

Reviews of Tacoma Lutheran Home & Retirement Community

Independent Living Reviews for Tacoma Lutheran Home & Retirement Community

August 25, 2012

By stcy456

I think the staff were overworked. They barely had time to do all the things that were necessary. I also feel that the owners of the place should be in their to see that some of the residents were sat outside their rooms to wait for someone to help them to the dining room, and some were out there for a long time. The staff was very nice, but not so professional.

July 11, 2012

By andersonda12

The staff seemed very positive and committed to providing a healthy, enjoyable stay at the community. There were many activities and social gatherings to keep the retirees busy. When speaking to a current resident, he told me he was more busy than he had been his entire life with all the activities. Throughout the facility it was very evident that a lot of work had been put into making the residents feel at home.

May 02, 2012

By katykat

I visited Tacoma Lutheran Home and Retirement Community when my husband's grandmother was having issues related to her emphysema. She came there after two weeks in the hospital to rehabilitate. She was having a pretty hard time recovering, but luckily ended up at Tacoma Lutheran. The building and grounds are super clean and attractive, and every staff member we saw had a smile on their face. They made an effort to remember the names of the family coming to visit, and treated my grandmother-in-law (who can be difficult at times) like she was their own family.94 One of the nurses in particular was in the family's good graces after Grandma J. had a tiff with her roommate, and she stepped in to settle things. The short and long term residents look well cared for and pretty happy, and I think this would be a good choice for elderly people or their families who think they might like to live with more help. They took great care of Grandma J. and she is back keeping the whole neighborhood on it's toes!

April 13, 2012

By DMM1

Overall, I have a positive view of the retirement facility. The resident's themselves in the apartment complex seemed to happy and content-though naturally, there were exceptions, as some of the residents appeared to feel lonely. And generally, the staff seemed to care for the residents. Many of the dietary workers became close acquaintances with the residents, and made them feel comfortable and at home. The cooks would be very good at making food suitable to the resident's dietary needs. The Nursing Assistants were generally very caring. However, some of the Nursing Assistants seemed to be impatient with some of the residents. But even so, such can be seen as a natural occurrence in human interaction. I never recalled witnessing any instances of neglect or privacy violations on part of the nurses, nor have I witnessed any real "rudeness" on part of the nurses or nursing assistants. The staff in general were very helpful toward the residents. The food being served to the residents is also generally good; at least, most of the residents liked the food most of the time. And during meals, there was always more than one option to choose from, and the staff was accommodating to the dietary needs and desires of the residents.

September 01, 2011

By Roseann2

Great staff, kind, considerate. Residents share common values of respect and care to each other. My friend liked the food in the assisted living center.

About Tacoma Lutheran Home & Retirement Community

Tacoma Lutheran Home & Retirement Community is a senior living provider in Tacoma, Washington that offers residents Independent Living. Contact Tacoma Lutheran Home & Retirement Community for more details on services and rates.

Map of Tacoma Lutheran Home & Retirement Community