Solstice Senior Living at Tacoma

Reviews of Solstice Senior Living at Tacoma

Independent Living Reviews for Solstice Senior Living at Tacoma

June 28, 2018

By Ron

I liked Solstice Senior Living at Tacoma. It had the kind of services available that I am most interested in. I was amazed at how large the units were and the wide variety of sizes. The food was very good. The dining room was nice and well equipped. The staff was fantastic and very attentive. They had sufficient number of staff on duty that no one had to wait for their food. It was better service than what you would find in a restaurant.

October 06, 2017

By Karen H.

It was a little awkward to get to because they were doing construction in the street that day. The tour was OK, but the place was small. The staff member was OK, but she was really in a hurry.

March 31, 2017

By Vickie847844

Dad and I really liked everything about it. It was perfect. I liked the atmosphere. We saw the residents, walked around, and saw the rooms. There were some residents doing puzzles, bingo, and card games, and Dad interacted with them.

January 18, 2017

By Tim577565

I liked the rooms here; they were nicely arranged. The staff was good. I liked this place more than the first community I visited.

November 08, 2016

By mary826617

We really liked it. It was a long way from where we lived right now, but it was very nice. We got a meal there, and it was good too. The people felt fairly content with where they were. I was really impressed with them.

September 01, 2016

By Jeanette781814

We visited and it’s very attractive. It didn’t have an assisted living facility that our long-term care insurance would supplement. It looks very comfortable but it serves people who are able to live more independently than we are. We didn’t have any real objections to it as far as being a nice facility. They have lovely grounds, and the people were kind. For the people it was suited for, it’s a 5. It is well known and well thought of.

February 29, 2016

By Snookie1

We visited and it was very nice. The people were very friendly and very helpful. Their apartments were nice. They were very clean. They were redecorating and what-have-you. It was something that could possibly work with.

December 29, 2015

By Carol117438750

It was very nice and clean, and the staff was nice. The dining room was very nice. Everything was nice and neat. The staff answered all of the questions and followed up.

July 20, 2015

I am here. I like that the food is nice, and it has very nice people here. I have a little studio apartment. It is very small, but it is neat, and I am pretty well satisfied with it. There are quite a few activities. They have card playing, bridge, pinochle, bingo, puzzle, and karaoke, and they had a beanbag ball group. It is a nice place, and I really enjoy it here.

May 15, 2015

The people in here are independent and pretty healthy. The staff are wonderful, and whatever I need, they help do it. They have one and two-bedroom rooms and cottages that you can rent. The meals are good, and the dining room is a cafeteria type thing. We got a walking club, bean bag baseball -- and we compete with other people from other places -- cards, bingo, sing-along, karaoke on Friday nights -- they serve beer and wine -- and on Saturday nights, they have a social where people meet each other and they serve drinks.

May 30, 2014

It was very nice. It had a lot of amenities. Most of the rooms were fine. They were very nice. They had meals.

June 02, 2012

By 509student

This facility was good. He had a nice big room, with a back porch. He had a living room, his own room, a kitchen, and the bathroom. They were cleaned twice a week by the maids and they did a nice job and were very helpful. The food was adequate, like any food at a retirement community will be. They made so much at once that it was hard to create personalized meals, but what they did have was good. The atmosphere was nice too. The community had events going on such a bingo nights, game nights, and during the winter season they held a gingerbread house competition. It kept people active.

Questions about Solstice Senior Living at Tacoma

What places are nearby for independent living residents to enjoy?

Solstice Senior Living backs up to Point Defiance Park, so our residents can enjoy the park itself, the Point Defiance zoo, dog parks, and beach. We are also minutes from Ruston Way and shopping right off of Pearl street.

What are some recent off-site events that the community activity director at Solstice Senior Living at Tacoma has organized?

Recently our Vibrant Life Director has taken our residents on numerous breakfast and lunch outings as well as a nearby winery. We have a ton of outings planned for the holidays including plays, musicals, and Holiday fairs.

What transportation services does Solstice Senior Living at Tacoma offer to independent living residents?

We provide transportation within a ten mile radius for errands and doctor's appointment visits.

What safety features or security measures does Solstice Senior Living at Tacoma offer to independent living residents?

Every resident is supplied with a Great Call device.

If Solstice Senior Living at Tacoma accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Solstice Senior Living is pet friendly. We are located on 30 acres and your furry friend is welcome to explore it all.

Does Solstice Senior Living at Tacoma work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

Solstice Senior Living at Point Defiance is contracted with BEAM in home care. They are able to support our residents with scheduled services so they are able to age in place.

Costs for Solstice Senior Living at Tacoma

• Credit Card
  • Check

About Solstice Senior Living at Tacoma

pointdefiancevillage.com

Independent living is just that, you live independently enjoying the company of your friends and neighbors while we provide the convenience of restaurant-style dining, housekeeping, laundry, transportation services and much more. We believe you have earned the right to a care-free lifestyle. Let us do the daily chores so you can do the daily fun!

Map of Solstice Senior Living at Tacoma