Narrows Glen

Narrows Glen (844) 325-8230

Reviews of Narrows Glen

Assisted Living Reviews for Narrows Glen

May 31, 2015

I choose Narrows Glen (Vintage Senior Living at Narrows Glen-Tacoma) for my mother. It is a wonderful place. It is very nice. The gardens and the landscaping around it are very nice. The atmosphere is lovely. It is a great and very well kept place. Every week they have different activities for the people that live there. They have a shuttle bus that takes them to the store and on different outings. They will take them to doctors' appointments if they need to go. They have a shuttle for that, and they do that one day a week.

April 27, 2015

By Susan104818350

Narrows Glen is a really nice place. I have only been there and visited my ex-husband twice, and that was when he was moving in. They seem to be dealing with him just fine. He has memory issues and behavioral issues, and they seem to be handling everything very well. My daughter is really pleased with the place. They seem to be a very caring group of people. He has to have somebody come and give his medication every day. I did notice that they have two cafeterias or eating places. One of them is more of a formal setting, and the other one was more casual so that is kind of nice. Everything I heard so far since he has been there has been really exceptional. I was impressed, and I will live there because I think it is a nice place. It is in a good location in a very nice neighborhood, and he has a very nice view of the Tacoma Narrows Bridge. I think it is probably one of the better places around in our area anyway.

October 19, 2014

By Anonymous1!

First of all, this facility's outward appearance is nice and clean and very well decorated. Apparently, that's where the high costs of living they charge there are going to and I'm sure the Independent Living section is fine for those residents. However, in my opinion, their Assisted Living section, "Laurel House", is a totally different story. It is VERY expensive and not at all on par in relation to the level of care a particular resident received. An ongoing problem is with many of their CNA caregivers - many exhibited bad attitudes towards the resident and are clearly only there for a paycheck and it shows! The food was bland and institutional on several occasions when I visited. Hardly a month went by when I wasn't having to call management to complain about the resident's care (or rather, LACK of care) issues. Around Christmas time, they actually had the gall to send out letters asking for money to give to their caregivers as a bonus! SERIOUSLY??!! They don't do what they get paid to do in the first place! If I could rate this place only HALF a star, I would.

September 12, 2014

Narrows Glen was a little more expensive. The staff is nice; they are good. Every once in a while we've had a dinner there because my husband is singing there and they put on a dinner for singers. We've done a tour there, and it is very nice. We've looked at some rooms, but I don't really know too much about that.

January 31, 2014

By Caring68420250

We visited Narrows Glen for ourselves. My first impression of it was that it was small. The environment was alright. It was a little bit of drab though. There wasn't a cheerful atmosphere. The staff though was really friendly to me. We didn't see any activities at that time but she said they have indoor activities scheduled every week. For accommodations, we did see a studio and a one-bedroom unit and they were just way too small for us. The dining room wasn't bad. They fixed us a meal, but I wasn't really happy with the taste of the food. It was kind of bland.

September 28, 2013

By Donald12

We moved into Narrows Glen for approximately two years and my wife was there maybe six months before we moved her to another place. They have three levels of care; retirement care, assisted living and memory care. She lived with me in retirement care before we moved her to the memory care facility while I stayed in retirement care. The memory care facility was quite nice including the rooms. Their policy was to lock the residents out of their rooms during the day and they could not enter their rooms except when they were accompanied by a caregiver to do toileting or bathing. The residents were in a community room or recreation room where they sat and did things all day. They had a nice and secure lock down facility but the administrative policy didn't sit well with my family and myself. They had a separate dining room which was very nice and the food was very good. They also had a separate dining room for the assisted living and another for the retirement care unit. They have a really wonderful food service staff. You can order almost anything you want as opposed to some facilities where they just bring your food and set it in front of you. It's a top-notch facility with a total of 200 residents and I would like to move back there.

August 19, 2013

By Scot

Very nice facility . Large but warm. Nice grounds. Laurel Home is the dementia center very well run.

January 20, 2012

By Rory2

My mother was a resident for 4 years. The facility I thought was well managed. The caregivers seemed nice and sincere, and my mother seemed comfortable there as well. The home itself is quite nice with gardens and a fitness center.

Independent Living Reviews for Narrows Glen

Costs for Narrows Glen

Photos of Narrows Glen

Services and Amenities of Narrows Glen

• Companion Suites: No

• Pets: Small Pets Allowed Only

About Narrows Glen

Natural beauty and historic landmarks are just the beginning. At Narrows Glen, you will find a comfortable blend of style, fine dining and endless social, cultural and recreational opportunities. Here, you can be as busy or as laid back as you like. A full range of activities and programs are available for your personal growth and physical, mental, and emotional well-being. Plus, the community has convenient access to Tacoma and all that the city has to offer, including museums and waterfront activities.

Independent Living at Narrows Glen:

• Exceptional restaurant-style dining options for breakfast, lunch and dinner
  • Weekly housekeeping and linen laundry services (personal laundry optional)
  • Full calendar of social, cultural, educational, and recreational activities and programs
  • Health and fitness classes
  • 24-hour emergency call system and onsite staff
  • Scheduled group transportation services to doctors’ appointments, shopping, events and entertainment
  • Utilities (except phone) including heating
  • Interior and exterior care and maintenance of all residences, common areas and grounds

Narrows Glen’s assisted living services take a “whole-person” approach to wellness, and are tailored to meet your needs, now and in the future. Services can be dialed up, or back, at any time, so you are always getting the help you need. Residents choosing assisted living services enjoy all of the service amenities and common areas as listed above, as well as highly-personalized care services as needed to support independence and wellness. Here are the additional services offered in assisted living:

• Restaurant-style dining choices for breakfast, lunch and dinner
  • Weekly housekeeping and flat linen laundry services (personal laundry optional)
  • Help with daily activities, including bathing, dressing and grooming
  • Assistance with medication management
  • Licensed nurses on staff
  • A holistic personal wellness plan that supports the whole “you”—physical, spiritual, emotional, social and intellectual
  • Utilities (except phone) including heating

Narrows Glen’s Enliven™ Memory Care offers personalized care within a secure residential environment. Our carefully selected and trained staff works closely with memory impaired residents and their families, developing individualized and innovative programs. Here are the services provided in our memory care residences:

• Three family-style meals served daily
  • Secured, residential environment
  • Specially-designed common areas and outdoor courtyard
  • Studio floor plans with private bath
  • Weekly housekeeping, personal and linen laundry service
  • 24-hour staffing and emergency call system
  • Scheduled group transportation
  • Help with daily activities, including bathing, dressing and grooming
  • Assistance with medication management
  • Licensed nurses on staff
  • A full calendar of social, cultural and recreational activity programming that maximizes independence while focusing on strength and abilities
  • An environment (physical, social, and cultural) designed to encourage and support independence
  • Personalized care services to meet the changing needs of each resident
  • Utilities (except phone) including heating

As a resident at Narrows Glen, you will find a CARF-Accredited community with all kinds of lifestyle opportunities for social connections, health, and wellness activities through our ZEST™ Wellness, along with all the comforts and conveniences of care services to help simplify life.

Map of Narrows Glen