Harvard Park

Reviews of Harvard Park

Independent Living Reviews for Harvard Park

April 13, 2020

By CS

Harvard Park was fine, and the staff was kind, but it didn't check all the boxes of what my mother-in-law needed. The apartments didn't have in-room laundry facilities, and it didn't have the amenities that the other places had. The kitchen was very tiny, and it didn't have a full size refrigerator. The layout was fine, but it's an older facility, and it showed its age. It was in a nice location in Spokane.

Hello, thank you for your review. While our community may not have been a good fit at this time, we appreciate your kind words. Please do reach back out if circumstances in the future change and all-inclusive senior living is right for your mother-in-law! Our team would be happy to work with you.

August 20, 2019

By Marlene

My mother moved in to Harvard Park, and I think it's very nice. She's still adjusting because she has never been in anything like this, plus adjusting to losing my dad after many years of marriage. She's adjusting well and it's a nice place. They have a bus to take the residents out usually on a Thursday or Tuesday if they want to go shopping locally within a few mile radius. He also takes people to church on Sundays. They also have activities within the community. Their food lacks something to be desired. But it's because it's an institution with a large amount of people, although they're trying to make the food appealing. The gals that work there are excellent, I'm really happy with the staff there specially the young gals they've been excellent. They're always pleasant and try to be accommodating, although the residents are older and picky. The facilities are very clean, although it's a little bit older than some of the other places we've looked at.

December 28, 2018

By KJ

Harvard Park was very nice. The manager was really nice, and it looked like the residents enjoyed themselves and were having fun.

Thanks for the great feedback KJ! Please let us know if you have any further questions!

June 10, 2018

By Kim

I liked Harvard Park. The studio apartments were nice. The facility was very well kept and nice.

Hi Kim, thank you so much for your high rating! If you have any further questions, please give us a call. We're always happy to help!

March 19, 2018

By Karen

My husband moved into Harvard Park. It's pretty nice, the staff seems to be doing quite a good job, and the food is pretty good. They have a list of activities people can participate in, and I think it's great. They have Bingo, outings, and they have a bus that takes people to the VA hospital, church, and to different restaurants. They have games, exercise programs, and some crafts.

Hi Karen, thank you so much for your positive comments about Harvard Park! We aim to help older independent live better and are glad to hear that we are doing a great job. Please let us know if there is anything you need. Have a wonderful day!

August 21, 2017

By visitor

I love Harvard Park. It was older, not as flashy, and I felt more comfortable there. The people were nice. The manager who gave me the tour was professional, answered all my questions, and called me three times after. I went again to listen to two women play the violin. They had three meals a day. I ate lunch, and the food was really good. They had two lunch menus: the regular menu and a physically fit menu. They had a big game room and a nice entertainment center with TV. They had a weekly maid service, and washer and dryer available. The one-bedroom was the size I was looking for, and it had a built-in shower with a seat.

December 03, 2016

By Larry151010

Harvard Park was a nice, newer place, and the location was good, but it would be frustrating to go up and down those hills. Everything was good; the apartments and rooms were nice, and had ample room to fit a queen-sized bed, a TV in the living room, and a couple of chairs. It had a nice setting, and there were a lot of activities. However, there wasn't much exercising, which was kind of a downfall. I was also worried about the wintertime when the roads get bad while going up and down the south hill.

July 03, 2016

By Rose735625

Harvard Park is a lovely place. The people are very friendly. Both the staff and the residents are very welcoming, and they really help us feel at home. We have decided that this place is fine as soon as we're ready to move into a senior community. We've eaten dinner there a couple of times, and the food is very good. This place seems adequate for our needs.

May 10, 2016

By Liz B.1

I wouldn’t go at Harvard Park. The colors and stuff were very old. But the people were very nice. The guy that did the interview and the tour was very knowledgeable and very nice. I don’t have any problem with the staff it’s just the building itself just felt very old and tired. The rooms were very small and there were no washer or dryer in the unit.

January 17, 2016

By Happy Visitor23

We visited Harvard Park. We liked basically everything about it from the way it was set up to the information that they gave us to the people that we talked to.

December 29, 2015

By jakes doghouse

Other

I provide a service to many retirement communities in Spokane and this is one of them. I deliver to this community all there pet food and supplies for there cat and dogs.

September 29, 2015

By Jon10

The owner manager at Harvard Park took me into a private room and kept me sitting there while he was doing all sorts of interviewing type of questions. He gave me no brochures, no materials whatsoever, with no follow-up, and I felt unwelcomed. The apartments that I saw had a microwave and a small refrigerator, but no hot plate or stove. The meals were served at an exact time. They serve breakfast at 8:30, and if you get there at 8:45, you miss breakfast. It was definitely not user friendly. My friend who lived there did not like it either. However, they were pretty good on activities, and they do have the bus that will take you places.

Hi Jon, I'm Katie, I work at Holiday Retirement Home Office. First, let me sincerely apologize that you were treated that way. We never want our visitors to feel unwelcome, so I agree that behavior is unacceptable. I passed your feedback to our Resident Relations department for their investigation. Thanks again for bringing his to our attention, Katie

August 31, 2015

Harvard Park is amazing. We love it, and I would recommend it highly to others.

May 26, 2015

By Jill26

We wanted to be at Harvard Park. The rooms were very nice, spacious, and nice size living area for two people. The staff was wonderful, very caring, and thoughtful. They remembered us. We had been out there several times to check other things out, and they had been very helpful. We had dinner there several times. They had a concert where a woman came in, played the piano, and sang. The food was excellent.

April 27, 2015

By Alice39

Harvard Park was really nice. The people were friendly. They did not have the assisted living that we could go to from independent living, but other than that, we really liked them. We have thought about going there before we found the place our mother is in now. It did not feel as friendly, but it was still a really great place.

March 15, 2014

By Andrew11

We visited because we had a friend who's staying there. They had a family reunion that Harvard Park set up. We thought that was real nice and very considerate of Harvard Park. It looked like a warm and comfortable place to be. It looked pretty good and one that would take care of our needs. It was clean and seemed like it had a lot to offer as far as things to do. The people that we met there were very helpful and in fact they follow up and keep in touch with us. We had a great visiting experience.

October 18, 2013

By Virginia10

My husband found his friend a place at Harvard Park. He could have his two black Labs there on the main floor and they had a back door so he could take them out to walk them. His friend had been there a month now and I've had dinner with him every now and then. It's a wonderful place for him and it's working out beautifully. There are about 80 apartments there. They have housekeeping staff that comes in once a week, changes the bed, towels, and does the vacuuming. He can pay extra should he need assisted living; a group can come in everyday and take care of him. It's nice, clean and everybody is friendly and pleasant. My husband said he doesn't mind living there.

Questions about Harvard Park

Describe the overall population of independent living residents at Harvard Park. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

What transportation services does Harvard Park offer to independent living residents?

What makes the chef or dining program at Harvard Park exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

What safety features or security measures does Harvard Park offer to independent living residents?

If Harvard Park accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Does Harvard Park work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

Costs for Harvard Park

Photos of Harvard Park

Services and Amenities of Harvard Park

• Independent Living Starting At: $1942/month

• Housing Extra: Handicap Barrier Free Units Available, Individual Climate Control, Safety Rails In Bathroom, Telephone Hookup

• Dining Extra: Private Dining Room, Resident Kitchen

• Hiking Trails
  • Features Extra: Laundry Room For Use, Library, Locked Mailboxes, Elevator, Parking: Covered, Private

• Technology Extra: Business Center, Wi Fi In Common Areas

• Activities Extra: Billiard Lounge, Game Room, Activity Room

• Pets: Most Pets Allowed

About Harvard Park

harvard-park.com

Harvard Park is located in Spokane, WA, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

So come to Harvard Park for a visit...and stay!

Map of Harvard Park