The Hearthstone

Reviews of The Hearthstone

Continuing Care Retirement Community Reviews for The Hearthstone

January 13, 2014

By H. V. Smith

Because the Hearthstone was within a mile from our house in northeast Seattle, and four of my wife's relatives had lived here, it was a logical place to start looking for our last home. It's across the street from Green Lake and its park--an easy walk for some exercise in natural beauty. A comparison with six other retirement complexes in or near Seattle soon elevated it in our minds. We narrowed our choices to continuing care and non-profit, church-affiliated communities, with bus access, level surroundings for strolling, and within an active business area with stores, restaurants, public library, and a bank. The Hearthstone was near the top-rated in all these categories. Three Metro bus lines pass by the building, or a short walk away, that will take us to many areas of Seattle and beyond. My wife died as we were making plans to move, so when a vacancy at the Hearthstone came within weeks, I continued those plans alone. I have never regretted choosing the Hearthstone, and my ten years living here have only validated our choice.

December 31, 2013

By Franz1

They are excellent and have many helpful service which are promptly provided. Proximity to Green Lake is a great benefit.

December 23, 2013

They have caring staff. They have three good meals per day. The place is clean as a whistle. It has a wonderful setting with great views across the street from a lake with a walking path all around. It has a relaxed and atmosphere. We have a lot of exercise, entertainment and stimulation!

July 23, 2012

By olydad360

I'll be honest, when they told me where my Grandmother was living, I was not at all expecting what I saw. I think I had it in my head that every "old folks home" was some depressing building with 70's decor and a clinic-vibe. The Hearthstone is not that AT ALL, it is so nice! Seriously, I think her place is nicer than mine. She's got a beautiful room with a balcony which overlooks Green Lake here in Seattle, the view is gorgeous. Each floor has a nice lounge, hang-out area where residents can socialize, I know my Grandmother has already made a few good friends. What really tripped me out is that there is basically a really nice restaurant right in the building. I've brought my kids a couple times and ate dinner with her there, it's great! Most importantly, she's really happy there. Everyone on staff that I met was fantastic, it really makes it easy to know she's there and has whatever she needs, 24-7. Absolutely two thumbs up, I would recommend it highly.

June 22, 2011

By PuppyHoyt

The Hearthstone assisted living center in Seattle was a welcoming environment that provided a continuum of care. The facility is located along Green Lake, which provides a number of recreational and fitness opportunities. The staff at Hearthstone seemed warm, caring, and helpful. The bottom floor provided communal areas for eating, as well as numerous scheduled activities. The cafeteria and common furniture seemed clean and up to date, the piano was in tune, and the plaques provided a community feeling. Sign in at a monitored front desk was polite, but provided security. Progressive care levels increased at higher floor levels. More independent living areas had a social atmosphere and were personalized with decorations. All the staff I encountered in the halls seemed genuine and compassionate. Based on my impressions as a visitor to this facility, it is one of the nicest assisted living centers I've seen.
See all Continuing Care Retirement Community reviews (13) See fewer reviews

• Pets: No Pets Allowed

• Licenses: CARF-CCAC
  • State Licenses: Pending

About The Hearthstone

The Hearthstone is a non-profit Continuing Care Retirement Community with a 47 year reputation for excellence. A ten story building across the street from Seattle's most beloved public park, Green Lake, where every resident apartment has an outdoor balcony. Founded by the Lutheran Retirement Home of Greater Seattle in 1966, the Hearthstone maintains its faith base with a full-time Chaplain, weekly Vespers services in our lovely Chapel and opportunities for Communion and Bible Study for those who wish to participate.

A full range of activities and entertainment offerings are available each week, with talented musicians happy to play our beautiful Steinway Grand Piano. Wellness activities are available through 17 different exercise classes weekly or individual use of our fitness center. Wellness lectures on a variety of topics are offered regularly as well.

The 2.8 mile paved walking path around Green Lake draws residents for exercise or relaxing on a park bench watching people walk, run, bike and play.

Residents and staff are the most important part of living at the Hearthstone. You need to visit the Hearthstone to experience first hand the warm, friendly atmosphere in this beautiful community.

Call today to schedule a tour and see what makes the Hearthstone so special!

Map of The Hearthstone