Elderwise

Elderwise (844) 334-3818

Reviews of Elderwise

Continuing Care Retirement Community Reviews for Elderwise

November 29, 2014

I was also able to visit Horizon House, and that is an expensive facility. I have eaten in their dining room, and it's nice. The food was good. The residents that I know seemed to be happy there.

November 05, 2014

By Caring101193650

Horizon House is very expensive; you have to pay I think $123,000 just to get in, and it’s no more monthly than it was at the other facility. I felt that the people they were all dressed like they were going to church or someplace wonderful, and I am not that kind of a person. I would give it a highest rate, but it’s just wasn’t my cup of tea. I would certainly recommend the place. As a matter of fact, I was just talking to somebody the other day and telling her how nice it was. I know a couple of people who lived there, and they loved it.

May 31, 2013

By Karla3

Horizon House is a big place. They have two buildings that are 19 story-apartment and another smaller one. The assisted living and the skilled nursing facilities are also nearby. It's very convenient so if either of us would go into assisted living, we can still be near each other. The rooms were very nice. Our apartment has a full kitchen, so I can also cook. But we also get a credit in the dining room which we can use in any way we want. It has excellent facilities for exercise, a pool, a clinic and so many services. They take you shopping to the grocery stores three times a week. The staff were very nice, very pleasant and helpful. They had really more of what we wanted and we will move there in a couple of months.

August 27, 2012

By epiphany2000

It's very difficult searching for assisted living facilities for your loved ones. They are leaving a home that they are familiar with and a home that they have resided in for many decades. It was very necessary for me to check out these facilities for my grandmother because she is suffering from the beginning stages of dementia and she can no longer live on her own. A majority of her friends have passed away and she is becoming more lonely. At both of the facilities I visited they were very lovely, clean and pleasant but they felt very hospital like. Even with their modern looks, it did not have the feeling of home. The staff was very nice and seemed as though they would look over my grandmother's needs and there was no doubt in my mind that she would find many new friends there.
See all Continuing Care Retirement Community reviews (8) See fewer reviews

Services and Amenities of Elderwise

About Elderwise

Elderwise offers a multifaceted inclusive curriculum that builds on participants' strengths and capabilities. The curriculum attends to the social, physical, emotional, cognitive, and spiritual needs of individuals with an emphasis on wholeness, dignity, reverence, and respect for elders.

The Elderwise Program fills a crucial gap in local senior services by providing meaningful activity in a warm, intimate, and inviting environment for elders. Elderwise serves a broad range of seniors who are seeking community due to personal loss and/or physical or cognitive changes. These losses often keep elders from the social, creative, and intellectual activities that we all need.

Elderwise is a progressive program that is becoming a model for the delivery of thoughtful and artistic services for older adults.

Our program consists of enriching discussions and various forms of movement, exercise, relaxation, art, and music. A warm, freshly prepared, organic and nutritious meal is shared and enjoyed by staff and participants together.

The Elderwise Adult Day Center is centrally located in the Capital Hill neighborhood of Seattle. We are open Monday through Friday from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm with a maximum of eight participants each day. Our 1 to 4 ratio allows for careful attention to the safety and comfort of each participant. The cost to attend is $65 per day.

We assist participants in obtaining transportation and our facilities are wheelchair accessible. People of all races and religions are celebrated. Elderwise is a nonprofit 501 (c) 3 organization.

Map of Elderwise