Overlake Terrace

Offers Assisted Living, Independent Living, Adult Day Care, and Memory Care

2956 152nd Ave NE, Redmond, WA 98052
Overlake Terrace (425) 883-0495
PROMOTION! 385 days

Thank you for your interest in Overlake Terrace, proud to be a member of the Stellar Living family! We offer Independent, Assisted Living and Memory Care options nestled among 5-acres in the heart of the Overlake Plaza area of Redmond/Bellevue!

Reviews of Overlake Terrace

Assisted Living Reviews for Overlake Terrace

March 16, 2018

By concernedson99

There is a new director and management staff and it seems they are trying to make more money. They cut staff and now the caregivers in memory care serve meals, bus tables and sweep the floor. Obviously this takes them away from their primary tasks of taking care of the residents. There used to be fun active activities every day after lunch. That is no longer the case. The laundry doesn't get picked up as scheduled. I have complained about this multiple times. I spoke with the new director a couple times and nothing has changed. She says the right words but so far nothing has improved. The med tech has gone out of her way and done the laundry 3 times in the past 5 weeks. Prior to that when the laundry did get picked up other people's clothes were mixed in and some of her clothes were missing. There is quite a bit of staff turnover. The new people and weekend staff don't seem to get the info about the specific needs of the residents in memory care. The level of service here has declined significantly. If mom wasn't so close to end-of-life I would move her to another place.

February 21, 2018

By resident is family member

This place isn't very good. There is a new director and they are trying to make more money. They cut staff and now you can only go to the doctor on one day. There aren't as many outings. The heat was out and nothing but cold water for 4 days. They run out of the main dinner if you don't get there really early. The helpers don't all know what their doing. You wait a long time for them to come help you. Like more than an hour. The old people there are mad but the director lady promises things but it doesn't get better. I wouldn't pick this place if you can afford anything else.

August 21, 2017

By George

Two years ago, my wife, Ruth, and I came to Overlake Terrace from Mesa, AZ. Ruth passed away in February. We can't thank Overlake Terrace for their loving care and going the extra mile to help us thru these painful times. It is these actions why we agreed Overlake Terrace will always be our home.

August 07, 2017

By Loved one of resident

This community is experiencing a management transition. Right now, the care is sub-optimal. Sometimes assistance is quick and competent, sometimes it is slow and incompetent. Your loved one may wait over an hour for assistance after calling for help, not good if they need help to the bathroom or getting out of bed in the morning. Food is spotty, sometimes good, sometimes not. For example, one of two dinner specials was a "grilled vegetable sandwich", where the vegetables were 95% iceberg lettuce and 5% grated carrots, grilled on white bread. Morning eggs can be perfectly done or ice cold and rock hard. I've been served a hamburger on english muffins, because they didn't have buns in stock. OK, but indicative of kitchen management. Yet this facility is expensive. Apartments are not ADA compliant or easily used by a person in a wheelchair. The activity directors, drivers, and some assistants and dining room staff are absolutely great. Some assistants and DR staff are very weak. Management will need to invest some money to bring this community up to standard, but will they be willing to invest before they lower the vacancy rate? If not, it will spiral down. The residents in the community are great. I will update this review when the dust settles. Right now, I'd urge caution.

As an owner of Overlake Terrace, I would like to thank you for your thoughtful feedback. First and foremost, I invite you to come talk to our Executive Director on property in order to address your concerns so that we can continue to improve with more of your feedback. Once we know how to serve you better, we can quickly mobilize to make things happen. You are correct that we have successfully transitioned to a new leadership team. For example, our new Executive Chef has recently reinvented the dining room menu by adding more variety that appeals specifically to our residents' generation. I'm glad you love our activity staff, dining room staff and our residents--Because we do too! Again, I invite you to have an open dialogue with us so that we can learn how to take care of you and your loved one.

November 28, 2016

By Patti483168

We have money down on a room in Overlake Terrace. As soon as my father-in-law says, ‘Yes, let’s move,’ we’ll move him in there. The only thing he doesn’t like is that he walks in and there’s a lot of people in wheelchairs, so he doesn’t feel he is ready for that. Otherwise, it is a very beautiful facility. They offer quite a few activities in other rooms, but I did not go over the activity completely. Dining was very nice and very comfortable feeling.

October 04, 2016

By George524772

Overlake Terrace is where my dad resides right now. They have a new executive director, and he does a great job. I think the rooms are clean, and the med techs are very confident and always on top of things. When we left him there -- even though it’s private pay because the Medicaid spend down for those who accept Medicaid -- they charge you a lot more during two year or three year spend down window. and when you cost it out on a spreadsheet it just made more sense to keep him at Overlake Terrace. They have a lot of outings and little community center setup for people doing puzzles together. I think on Fridays they have a wine down where band or singers come in. The community that I visited, is probably one of the better ones. I like what they do. All things considered, I think they do a good job. He is happy there.

July 29, 2016

By Carol488220

Overlake Terrace was a nice facility, the rooms were nice, and the staff was very helpful. The dining area was fine. The location was good, and the price was what we expected it to be. The environment was good.

July 27, 2016

By Jim107726

My mom lives in Overlake Terrace. The grounds are very nice, and the area is nice and woody. The staff is very nice. The residents seem to be very happy, and the food was decent at the start but all that has changed. They cut down all the trees, and they're putting up a giant hotel next to it. They serve peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for dinner because they run out of food. The staff is still nice. A couple of them are left, but turnover is large. Med techs quit often without notice.

Thanks your for the thoughtful comment. We appreciate your mother living at our community and look forward to serving her and your family with the utmost respect. At Overlake Terrace, our focus and commitment is to the highest quality of care and service to our residents. Our top priority is asking, listening and responding to each of our residents and their families concerns. We appreciate you bringing these issues to our attention. We are always open to discussing perceived inadequacies and strive to correct them should they become apparent. Please feel free to drop by the next time you are in the community and discuss your concerns with a member of the Overlake Terrace management team.

June 21, 2016

By Caroline141761

I like the staff at Overlake Terrace, and the place is very nice and spacious. My husband is in the memory care unit. The staff is very knowledgeable and nice, and they treat him and all their patients very well. They have an activities director there and have a lot going on during the day, like crafts, brain games, exercises, and the usual things they do in the memory care unit. They have excellent food, and the residents seem very happy with it.

June 17, 2016

By Rick582421

The staff made it very easy to make the transition to assisted living. Everyone is very friendly and helpful. We are pleased to see the full level of care and service they receive. The food is great, the activities are varied and fun. Our parents are engaged.

June 10, 2016

By Karshella080340

Overlake Terrace didn't smell like a hospital. it smelled like fresh linens, and pines trees. When I came in, they had my name on the board, and that was very nice. The staff told me I could have coffee, cookies, and she was very welcoming. The residents all looked very happy, and it seemed like they enjoy being there. They have an open space like a library with computers, a piano, and everything seemed open. The view was nice, and all the staff was friendly.

January 27, 2016

By Jerry119354750

What I like about Overlake Terrace is that the staff is very friendly and knowledgeable. They provide full care from independent living to memory care, so you won’t have to find another place if you need more care. I looked at a studio as well as a one-bedroom apartment, and they were very nice.

October 31, 2015

By Pleased Niece1

I appreciate the fine quality of care my aunt has received in the time she has been living here. The social programs have renewed her interest in life around her. Every person employed has been well-trained and professional.

August 15, 2015

Overlake Terrace was quite nice. You would have utilities with the price you would pay. You would have internet, parking, laundry service, and three meals a day. I could consider it as a primary resident. If someone would have that need or that requirement, I would certainly recommend it.

July 31, 2015

When I moved in to Overlake Terrace, my ailing husband was with me. He needed many services and we were treated most of the time with courtesy and concern. The dining facilities, room services, environment and responses to problems were taken care of very well. For the most part, I feel safe and relaxed in my surroundings.

January 07, 2015

Overlake Terrace that was very nice. We had a meal there, and we were shown apartments. The staff was very courteous and nice. They all have very good programs, and they have transportation. The dining room was better than the place I am in now. They had all kinds of games, puzzles, reading, and the Wii bowling game.

December 27, 2014

It's a home away from home. It's a bright and happy place. Employees from the cook, to meal servers, to house room servers, aids helpers, etc. are there for you. Meals are great from soups to desserts. You can ask for anything you like to eat. One feels so at home here. If you have been away a few days or week, wow what a welcome home you get.

By Terrie3

My mother, aunt, and cousin live at Overlake Terrace. I cannot say enough good things about the staff that work there! They are amazing! Soher E.D., has done a fantastic job of picking out caring and competent staff. Marina -- the family advisor -- is always helpful in any area!

By Linda103460650

This facility feels like a home with warm, friendly, and efficient service. We are so happy to have mom in such a beautiful new home.

By Donna103453450

Very good and friendly staff. Good variety of food. It's clean.

March 27, 2014

By Joe32

I have my mom in Overlake Terrace. The place is clean. They have very nice people, and the staff is friendly. The food is OK but not as good as we anticipated. The program that they offer seems to a good one for the condition that she has, and it fits our budget.

October 14, 2013

By Macarenaa

This place is a nightmare. Please do not put a loved one here. The care is horrible, food horrible, housekeeping a joke. Please go anywhere else!!!!

June 22, 2012

By Jo2

I usually enjoy my time at Overlake Terrace. The facility is very clean and the front desk staff is welcoming, but the location is atop a steep hill that isn't always easy to access. The rooms are nicely furnished as well. The last time I was there with my great-grandma we had dinner together. I was able to order from the menu and the person serving us was especially helpful. The split-pea and ice cream dessert were superb, but portion size were lacking, at least for me. Sometimes the food is extremely delicious, other times it is okay. And while the staff is nice and seem to perform the duties of the job, there are some concerns. My family, including myself, have noticed some items in my great-grandmother's have gone missing. I don't know if this means someone as stolen from her, or her belongings get misplaced and she does not get assistance finding them, but it does make one wonder as either myself or their family memebers make sure she has what she needs and that it is easy for her to find each time we're there. My great-grandma also occasionally receive as much help as she needs to perform assisted daily living activities. As a former caregiver for youth, I understand the importance of making sure these tasks are accomplished. With that said, this may not be due to the fault of the staff, but rather that Overlake Terrace appear to be an assisted-living program for those with more independence. As such, my great-grandma may be relocated soon to a place with a higher level of care. Overall, I think this would be a great place for someone who only needs minor or moderate assistance, but there is still room for improvement.

Independent Living Reviews for Overlake Terrace

February 19, 2015

By Joani Wright

I was impressed with Overlake Terrace from our first interview through moving mom and stepdad into their separate apartments. Transitional housing was wonderful for my stepfather's needs. The staff is amazing and very attentive. Independent housing is perfect for mom and she has met wonderful friends here! It is great!

Adult Day Care Reviews for Overlake Terrace

Questions about Overlake Terrace

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Overlake Terrace. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

We have residents living at Overlake Terrace ranging from 60 - 101 years old; our Life Enrichment teams offer 6-9 varying activities to participate or ignore - up to the individual resident! If a residents wants something on the calendar they don't see - just ask and they're delighted to implement it on the calendar!

What programs or activities does Overlake Terrace offer to enrich residents' well-being?

Daily Exercise Classes, Gardening Club, Live Music Performances, Bible Study, Engineering Club, Trivia, Card Games, Walking Club, Casino Trips and Day Outings ...just to name a few!

What places are near Overlake Terrace or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

Overlake Plaza includes: Safeway, Goodwill, Fed Meyers, Trader Joe's, Microsoft, closely located to various restaurants and services.

What transportation services does Overlake Terrace offer to assisted living residents?

Transportation 6 days a week to medical and varied errands within a 7-mile radius of 98052 zipcode.

What makes the chef or dining program at Overlake Terrace exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

Eat as much or as little as you'd like with All Day Dining from 7:00AM - 7:00PM includes: homemade soup of the day, lunch and dinner salad specials as well as three entree specials; Daily Menu is also available featuring made-to-order sandwiches, salads, pasta, burgers and desserts.

What safety features or security measures does Overlake Terrace offer to assisted living residents?

As part of our monthly rent, we include a Safety Pendant for all residents as well as pull cords in bathrooms and nursing 7 days a week; our Care Team has an expectation to respond to pendant calls in 3-5 minutes or less. We also offer Physical & Cognitive Therapy on-site 5 days a week through Agility Physical Therapy.

How does Overlake Terrace keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

Our Executive Director publishes a "Friday Update" which reviews all department information and any "need to know" details regarding our community happenings, this is emailed to all family members and delivered to residents every Friday morning. Regarding meetings or concerns, we do our very best to reply well within 24-hours or less.

If Overlake Terrace accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Pet Friendly community with a Puppy Play Group twice a month in our Rose Garden Patio!

What safety features or security measures does Overlake Terrace provide to protect residents who wander?

We offer a 39-apartment Memory Care community.

Costs for Overlake Terrace

Photos of Overlake Terrace

Services and Amenities of Overlake Terrace

• Licenses: Boarding Home License

About Overlake Terrace

stellarliving.com

Our philosophy of service at Overlake Terrace Assisted Living and Independent Living encourages an active and independent senior lifestyle that supports residents' privacy and dignity. Our senior apartments are considered the premier Redmond senior retirement community. Overlake Terrace provides Independent Living, Assisted Living, Memory Care, and Respite and Adult Day Care services. Our community environment is rich in daily activities, with restaurant-style dining, graciously appointed interiors and apartment styles. Our senior housing environment provides full-service senior living with resort-style amenities in the heart of Washington, serving Bellevue, Bothell, Mercer Island, Redmond, Seattle, and surrounding communities. Come see for yourself.

Map of Overlake Terrace