Capital Place

Offers Independent Living

700 Black Lake Blvd SW, Olympia, WA 98502
Capital Place (360) 357-9922
PROMOTION! 2 days

Red Tag Special! Reduced rates on select apartments for new leases sign and move in by February 28th. Ask for details during your tour!

Reviews of Capital Place

Independent Living Reviews for Capital Place

June 05, 2019

By Richard

My wife moved into Capital Place. She’s happy there, the food is very good, and she enjoys the place. They play bridge and pinochle which she enjoys, and she says the activities are really good. The staff is excellent and very caring. It’s very affordable and has a very pleasant atmosphere.

Hey Richard, we are so happy to read your wife is loving Capital Place and all the activities we offer.

December 25, 2018

By Karen

We loved Capital Place, mostly because the people there were amazing. The people actually care about the seniors that are there. They have caregivers onsite, and they're able to do 15 minute increments as well as hour increments. They offer three meals a day, which is included in the cost, and they also have activities available. It's everything that we need. My mother loved the food. The building itself needs an upgrade, but otherwise it's good.

November 03, 2017

By Gloria

I went to Capital Place. The rooms seemed very clean and nice, but it's an older community. I also thought the environment looked a little bit dated. I didn't like that the mealtimes were structured. You have to be there at a certain hour. I enjoy the staff very much. She sat down and answered all of my questions. She was patient and gave me information that I needed that I didn't even know I needed. She also called me back and checked on things.

May 26, 2017

By ann208175

My mom lives in Capital Place. It's OK, but it's kind of an older building, and they're having problems with the roofs leaking. The food is not good, and Mom is not happy with the food. They repeat themselves a lot. The staff is always very nice and helpful. They tell you that there's a whole lot of activities, but there's very few, like Bingo, movie night once a month with a movie that everybody has seen a hundred times, and Scrabble. They also go on outings to different places on Wednesdays. They need better quality and variety of food.

May 08, 2017

By Sharon771448

Capital Place seemed nice but probably not that cozy. They had plenty of activities, but it was far away. Although they had a unit available, it was half the size for more money than where my mom is staying now. The location and cost didn't help. The staff was very friendly and seemed to know the residents by name and had conversations with them.

April 19, 2017

By May371280

Capital Place had everything you needed, good meals, and lovely people. It was a very nice place. The dining area was very nice and roomy, and everybody had a place to sit. The staff was very friendly, and they had a lot of stuff to do and see, so it was good. There's a mall that you can walk to.

May 10, 2016

By DickINWKY

Capital Place is the one we’re thinking about going to when we’re ready because it has friendly people and good food. We’re looking at a cottage outside the main building. The dining room was typical. We had lunch at three or four different places, and Capital Place was about the same as others. It's institutional, adequate, and good.

February 20, 2016

By sandwichboomer

My mother selected Capital Place for her new home after visiting several other senior communities in the greater Olympia, Tumwater, Lacey area over a three month period, She and I took our time in making a selection because we wanted to find a good "fit" for her. When touring senior communities, we compared location convenience, safety measures, available on-site care, accessibility, apartment size & appearance, rental costs & move-in fees, amenities, recreational and cultural activities offered, transportation for appointments and shopping, food quality, overall facility ambience, high quality management and satisfaction of current residents, We met with the managers and toured the facility (often unannounced) on several occasions as well as participated in several social events and meals prior to making a decision. Additionally, we checked references of each of our preferred communities with knowledgeable senior community resources for possible violations and safety problems. My mother and I selected Capital Place over the other senior facilities considered because of friendly and welcoming residents and staff she spoke to each time she visited, the quality three-meals a day restaurant style dining, and it's convenient location to her home, doctors, friends and family, The other issue I needed to address was getting my mom the care she needed. Capital Place is an independent senior community and doesn't provide assisted care, however residents have the option of hiring independent care givers or care facilities to assist them with their care needs. My mother is in early stage memory loss, and has back and shoulder problems but is still is quite independent. She needs some caregiver assistance. and I found this to be a much more affordable solution for my mother than to put her in a true "assisted care" facility for her current needs. The caregivers I hired for her are independent contractors who work on site at CP seven days a week. They help her with showers, laundry, getting dressed and administering her medications. My mother has been there now for 6 months and is very satisfied with her situation. I stop by to visit with her several times a week, have good communication with the caregivers (we text) and she is usually socializing with others if not in her room. I am very happy that my mother is living at Capital Place!

January 13, 2016

By Visalia

I like Capital Place a little bit better because it was more like independent living, and my mom didn’t need all of the medical attention. It was very good and very clean. The staff seemed to be very friendly.

December 29, 2015

By Jim118115750

Capital Place was very nice. The staff worked overtime trying to make it a really pleasant visit for me. They asked me to stay for lunch and let me sit with some of the residents there, and we just talked, which was very nice. It seemed like the activities were ongoing with all kinds of physical activities available, like weightlifting, walking, and aerobics. They also have some entertainment. It seemed like they did a really excllent job in trying to entertain the residents. The food was good. The apartments were adequate for their intended purpose, but the suites were outstanding. I would recommend this facility if you prefer this type of living because it is more affordable than any of the places I’ve visited.

February 16, 2015

We have friends in Capital Place that I visit almost weekly, and I have a couple of people that I transport every week. It's a somewhat larger facility. They have semi independent living. People have their own apartments, some of which are freestanding from the main facility like little cabins or cottages, and some are within the facility. They offer full meals, and they have a good dining room with reasonably good food. Everybody brags about the food. They have a varied menu. The staff seemed to be very attentive and keep good track of the residents; they're very helpful. When I need to locate somebody, they can easily tell me. They have a regular weekly schedule of cultural and social activities, games, educational events, and they also have a bus.

November 20, 2013

I wasn't terribly impressed with Capital Place. It looked clean and the smell was fine. It wasn't one of those places that when you walk in and you'll like, "Oh no!" and I have seen some of those. It was okay but that's about it. I just couldn't get too enthused about it. The facility itself was more like an institution. The staff treated me very politely. The residents seemed relatively happy. Their dining room was clean and the food was okay.

August 26, 2013

By Caring66221950

My visit with Capital Place was nice. The person who showed us the room was nice. Their rooms were a little on the dark side. They had activities like cards, bridge and other things. The food was good and it was recommendable.

November 22, 2012

By JoshuaRThompson

I have nothing bad to say about Holiday Retirement home. My Father is still housed there and is religious about their lounge and amenities. They are very friendly and the community is very hearty. Staff organized local potlucks which we were invited to as well which was fun for me.

Costs for Capital Place

Photos of Capital Place

Services and Amenities of Capital Place

• Housing Extra: Cottages, Handicap Barrier Free Units Available, Hardwood, Individual Climate Control, Safety Rails In Bathroom, Telephone Hookup, Walk In Tub

• Dining Extra: Private Dining Room, Resident Kitchen

• Hiking Trails
  • Features Extra: Laundry Room For Use, Library, Locked Mailboxes, Elevator, Parking: Covered

• Technology Extra: Business Center, Wi Fi In Common Areas

• Activities Extra: Billiard Lounge, Activity Room

• Pets: Most Pets Allowed

About Capital Place

capitalplace.net

Capital Place is located in Olympia, WA, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

So come to Capital Place for a visit...and stay!

Map of Capital Place