Affinity at Olympia Olympia, WA

Reviews of Affinity at Olympia

Independent Living Reviews for Affinity at Olympia

April 18, 2017

By Willapa

Living at Affinity is like heaven...meticulously maintained, managed by exuberant and caring folks, is loaded with more amenities than I can possibly use, affordable (cable/WiFi provided in a new system by Direct TV). I love the pool, the even and new walkways outside, the fact that dogs are on leashes, so people pick up well after them, and that it is calm and quiet with very, very little drama. Friendly residents. Great parties. A theatre to die for, concerts in the day lounge, and even a "senior" prom. Come, check us out and join an independent community with no pressure to do any more than you want.

November 25, 2016

By nice lady

I have lived here for 2 years and am very happy. The complex is clean. Management is good. Maintenance is good. You shouldn't move here if you can't live independently. Don't bring a dog unless you are physically able to pick up his stuff.

November 21, 2016

By Early swimmer

I have been a resident of Affinity for two years and I love it. I will admit that apartment living was hard for me to get used to at first, but as time went on I adjusted. When I became widowed management helped me transition into a smaller apartment. All my neighbors are a great comfort to me. I love the many activities and the people are great. I also feel very safe here , I had several maintenance issues that were handled promptly.

November 21, 2016

By Texassweetheart

I love living at Affinity. When I relocated here, I knew no one. Now I have many friends who care about one another. There are many resident led or Affinity sponsored activities. You can do as little or as much as you want. There are many rooms to entertain family and friends. This is a very clean and safe place to live. The staff is efficient and caring. I love it here.

November 20, 2016

By Texas Cowboy

Affinity is truly a great place to live. My wife and I have lived here for 16 months and really love it. Maintenance issues are dealt with quickly and efficiently. We don't even have to change light bulbs! There was an issue in the men's room on a Sunday evening. One call to the the emergency after hours number and maintenance was here and had it fixed in an hour. The management team treats all of the residents with dignity and respect. They go above and beyond to try to resolve residents' issues efficiently. There are numerous Affinity sponsored events each month and dozens of resident led activities. You can be as active as you want. Your level of enjoyment is entirely dependent on what you put into it. My favorite spot is the workshop. I also spend a lot of time in the theater watching baseball and football games. There are many spaces available to entertain family and friends.

November 14, 2016

By coolnana1945

I am a current resident at Affinity and have lived here for 2 years. I love it here. We have a lot of activities and are like a big family. I wanted to write something because I see this bad review and it is full of falsehood and is just obviously an angry person. We love our management and they treat everyone fairly and with respect. There has not been mold issues here and it is a clean, beautiful, and safe place to live. Come and see for yourself! You can walk around and see all the fun things we have to do and talk to other residents yourself. Affinity is a fun and beautiful place to live! We are an active community, so there is not "walker" parking, but there is ADA accessibility to all of our amenities, and a staff that cares to make it the best place to call home!

October 17, 2016

By SydneyLayne

If you have a senior loved one thinking about moving into this place WATCH OUT!! If they are disabled, they can not use their walker to go catch the bus or leave it accessible for them when they return. (Office says they can't do it for just one, so nobody can leave their walkers)..They will have to walk unassisted, no hand rail etc, which will put your mom or dad into to a very dangerous situation. This was not the case when my mother moved in AND no one from the office told us that they were going to make this rule..

September 25, 2016

By Victimofsocialpirranha

Other

In the time I lived there,the facility deteriated very quickly. There is only one cleaning person to clean the whole building and move out apartment cleaning. This is unacceptable. The carpets frequently had stains and actual animal urine and feces were found in hallways and in the elevator. There has been mold found in several of the apartment units. One tenant had to chose to leave the complex after a incident with mold in her apartment and a continued illness. The manager fraternizes with tenants with obvious favoritism for "special tenants" She is very inexperienced and incompetent in her position. Her dishonesty and manipulation of people makes it a very uncomfortable living experience. The are people who have been placed on " bonds" and the manager manipulated their income so they may qualify and receive reduced rent. As "a favor" to her "special" tenants. When I first moved in, it was a fairly "active" group of people. With a "push" to fill all the apartments, the population was reduced to many elderly that would have been better suited in a assisted living facility. All about the money?

April 19, 2016

By ycamrahp

I have lived here for a year and I love it. I take advantage of the wonderful amenities.

July 15, 2015

By Kwineo

The intent of Affinity as they proclaim is good, however in one year multiple problems have arisen and Management has accomplished very little. The current issues plaguing this Facility is: 1. Elevators are out of service multiple times and little is seen to correct. There are tenants that are wheel chair bound and unable to negotiate stairs. 2 Hall floors have stains that have remained for months. There is no effort to have a commercial cleaning service to keep the halls clean. 3. Current management fail to respond to tenant request 4. Communication is sadly lacking in all management levels 5. Stairwells have stains on floors 6. One tenant has a reserved parking spot, this tenant does not have a car 7. It is an embarrassment to say I live here 8. There are no posted evacuation plan and diagram.

September 13, 2014

By Elaine22

Affinity at Olympia is quite pleasant and enjoyable. It is small, yet comfortable. They have activities they are just getting going. They have good offerings, and we had a good come-on that got us here. They have entertainment probably every third week that includes food, and it is very desirable. I have only been here since July 16, so we haven't been here very long yet. There is a swimming pool, which is great, and things to do. The rooms are small, but comfy, and I like cozy. They are well-planned; we like them. What is good about this place is you only have one bill to pay. They cover everything, except your telephone. There are no meals and no transportation, but as far as utilities, they cover all of your utilities. They are not totally full, and so they still have things to learn, but I would give them a five. The only drawback is that it is right over Highway 101, so we hear the highway and we can see the highway.

Costs for Affinity at Olympia

Photos of Affinity at Olympia

Services and Amenities of Affinity at Olympia

• Companion Suites: We Do Not Offer Companion Suites

• Pets: All Pets Allowed

• Get Costs

About Affinity at Olympia

A refreshingly New Option for the 55+ Crowd

Live YOUR Lifestyle at Affinity At Olympia!

At Affinity at Olympia, we’re changing the conversation around 55+ communities. We aren’t your average 55+ community. Affinity is a one of a kind option for the active adult wanting to pursue their own passions. Our communities are specifically designed to foster resident driven engagement through an active social scene while providing the comforts of home with our unique amenities. Focused on creating a family-like atmosphere, our team strives to deliver service that is one of a kind and built upon our core values. We are a family.

Full of adventure and community, the Affinity at Olympia is for those who are 55+ years young. Our studio, one, and two bedroom apartments are specially designed for active adults. You’ll love the spacious floorplans, full kitchen, and private patio or balcony that makes entertaining with company a breeze.

This Is A Lifestyle. Not Just A Place You Live.

Our community is open to all, even your four-legged best friends. Our pet-friendly apartments for rent allow you to live each day as you please.

Luxury living doesn’t have to break the bank. When you choose Affinity at Olympia, you’ll have access to an amazing number of amenities that are available on our grounds. Get creative at the arts and crafts room or workshop. Put your green thumb to good use at the community garden. Or invite your friends and family over for a competitive game night in the game room. You don’t have to venture far from home to explore Olympia. You never know, there is probably some fun happening in Dilly Dally’s Pub!

Community Amenities:

Residents of Affinity at Olympia don’t have to compromise to get the close-knit community atmosphere they crave. Our 55+ apartment community in Olympia, combines the appeal of a private home with the activities and amenities of an all-inclusive resort – with a look and feel that’s as vibrant and stylish as our active residents. Your rent includes access to all of our incredible community amenities:

• Indoor Saltwater Pool & Spa
    • Satellite TV Packages or Cable TV Packages
    • Community Room
    • Family Dining Room

Area Features:

Affinity at Olympia is a walker’s delight. Put on your sneakers and check out the numerous services and amenities within easy walking distance. Located west of downtown Olympia, Affinity is within walking distance of a variety of restaurants, cafes, shopping, parks, and other amenities. Whatever you decide, you’ll never be at a loss for something fun to do nearby.

The Best Part… All-Inclusive Pricing

At Affinity at Olympia, our mission is to help you live vibrantly, with fewer tasks and more fun. That is why we offer all-inclusive pricing. There’s no need to buy-in or sign a lengthy contract. Just write a check, and you’re done. Here's how it works:

• 1. Rent starts at affordably low prices each month
    • 2. Utilities, WiFi, & expanded television are included
    • 3. You will have complete access to all community amenities, activities, events, and programs

So, what does that mean? One monthly rent payment covers the cost of your home, utilities, and access to the swimming pool, hot tub, workout facilities, pub, and more than 30,000 square feet of extra living space to play, create, exercise, and socialize. It takes an in-person tour to see everything our community has to offer.

Map of Affinity at Olympia