Mill Creek Retirement Community - Happy Living by Cogir

Offers Assisted Living and Independent Living

14905 Bothell-Everett Hwy, Mill Creek, WA 98012
Mill Creek Retirement Community - Happy Living by Cogir (425) 338-1580

Reviews of Mill Creek Retirement Community - Happy Living by Cogir

Assisted Living Reviews for Mill Creek Retirement Community - Happy Living by Cogir

March 18, 2016

By Cindy120448850

Brookdale is wonderful and in a perfect location. The people are nice, the price is right, and my parents couldn’t be any happier. They love the food and have five to 10 activities every day to do. The rooms and place are nice. It looks like an apartment building and is well maintained.

February 15, 2016

By Marilyn117545650

We visited Brookdale Mill Creek. They were friendly and accommodating. It was a very nice tour. The apartments were small but clean. The amenities were really good.

June 11, 2015

By Orville

As far as the personnel was concerned, we heard it was quite good, but we decided we're not ready to move into that kind of living. They were in the midst of doing things, so it wasn't the best at the moment, but it looked like the rooms would be alright. It looked like they had good facilities. Apparently, they had quite a few things going on as far as games and stuff, and they take people to things at times, so they are able to go around that way. They seemed to have a lot of activities going on. I liked the location of Brookdale Mill Creek in a sense because it will put us a little closer to our daughter's place, and the layout was pretty good for the overall facility.

December 23, 2014

By Wendy72

My parents moved into Brookdale Mill Creek about three months ago and they love it. The staff is very friendly, there are a lot of activities/events to keep them entertained, their apartment is spacious with a beautiful view of the courtyard, the food and dining room staff are very good... I could go on and on. Great place!

June 25, 2014

By Cheryl31

Merrill Gardens (Emeritus at Mill Creek) seemed very nice. I like their location. The staff was interested and willing to take us around. They gave us a complete tour and even offered us a meal. They were very accommodating. It looked like they had lots of things to do. They had an exercise room, an indoor swimming pool, a library, and a game room.

October 13, 2012

By webb1832

In the last year I have helped three of my grandparents move into two different facility's. I also helped in the process of finding the locations. I was surprised to find so many different options. We toured many different facilities and found that there were a few things that were a must have. One being the smell a lot of homes have an Oder that just makes you feel like your in a "old folks" home. I was presently surprised that Merrill Gardens smelled warm and cozy. All the shared spaces were open yet cozy. The staff was very friendly and helpful. There are a lot of men witch is just what my grandpa was looking for. There are many activities that he will be able to participate in. The food is wonderful and the not having a time you have to go eat is just what he needs. I would recommend this place to anyone looking to help find a warn, friendly, safe, and clean place for there loved ones.I am glad he is in a great place like this that lets him still have a bit of independence! It's just what he needs.

August 14, 2012

By Peter2

We've visited this place once or twice. The place is good and clean. They showed us one nice apartment. They also have activities for their residents, like, card games, physical activities, and memory care. The staff was accommodating. We also tried the food here, it was good. However, this place is a little expensive. Aside from the price, there are just other things that I'm quite dissatisfied about. I'm not sure if I would want to recommend this place to others.

June 29, 2012

By A364RT7DZKUF7

The staff seemed sweet but a little strained. Although the residents seemed happy to hear us sing, they also seemed a little lost and the staff, although attentive, had a bit of a hard time keeping up with them. It was also around Christmas time, so it was decorated nicely.The facility itself was clean and had nice decorations. All of the walls were white, which definitely gave off a sterile feeling. All of the residents had blankets to make sure they were warm. Also, there seemed to be somewhat of a community and friendship amongst some of them, but not with others. (In other words, some seemed quite close and talked in small groups together while others seemed kind of stagnent and distant.) Overall, I felt a little sad when I left although it seemed the residents were well taken care of. It seemed the situation had a little strain (although I guess that's inherent in the job.) It's just sort of depressing to imagine myself with their lack of freedom and having employees chronically usher me around, always slightly condescending. This was my only assisted-living experience.

Independent Living Reviews for Mill Creek Retirement Community - Happy Living by Cogir

September 29, 2015

We're current residents of Brookdale Mill Creek. Well, the bosses aren't very tactful. Quite often we called for a caregiver and they don't come or it takes them a lot of time to come, especially today. The atmosphere is nice in general though. They have social things at about everything. They have bus rides two to three times a week just for scenic tours or to take people for shopping or something, which is nice. In general, the food is good, but sometimes we don't care much for the list or menu.

Costs for Mill Creek Retirement Community - Happy Living by Cogir

Photos of Mill Creek Retirement Community - Happy Living by Cogir

Services and Amenities of Mill Creek Retirement Community - Happy Living by Cogir

• Companion Suites: We Do Not Offer Companion Suites

• Pool

• Pets: Yes

About Mill Creek Retirement Community - Happy Living by Cogir

emeritus.com

For Independent Living:

Mill Creek Retirement Community residents fully enjoy hotel-like amenities including restaurant-style all-day dining, cleaning service, and transportation. Quality, comfort, and enjoyment are paramount to Happy Living and residents take advantage of the warm accommodations and professional hospitality services to pursue their passions, socialize, and enjoy every day.

Resident satisfaction is our number one priority. Our on-site executive team is empowered to listen and respond to the needs and requests of individual residents, and the community as a whole, to continuously optimize their dining, activity, and event options.

For Assisted Living:

If you or a loved one requires attentive daily assistance, the large team of passionate professional caregivers at the Mill Creek Retirement Community is eager to welcome you to our family and share the high-quality services, meals, and activities that define the Happy Living brand.

Assisted Living residents will of course benefit from the same hotel-like amenities as our independent residents, but with added personalized attention and care in the privacy and security of their apartment home. Prior to moving into their new Happy Living home, each assisted resident and their family will be consulted in order to develop a tailored care plan based on the resident's needs, personality, and wishes.

Why choose Mill Creek Retirement Community:

• All-day restaurant-style dining
  • Chef-prepared, Nutritionist-approved menu
  • Transportation for outings and medical visits
  • Daily events and activities for fun and learning
  • Fitness and therapy centers
  • Complete WiFi coverage in common areas
  • On-stie nursing
  • Emergency Response System throughout property
  • Pet Friendly

Mill Creek Retirement Community is nestled between the cities of Seattle and Everett, only a few blocks from Mill Creek Town Center and the majestic Mill Creek Nature Private Reserve. Whether Independent or with Assisted Living, residents enjoy our premium amenities and well-curated activities and outings.

Map of Mill Creek Retirement Community - Happy Living by Cogir