Woodland by Bonaventure

Reviews of Woodland by Bonaventure

Assisted Living Reviews for Woodland by Bonaventure

March 30, 2017

By Ed360285

I visited the Woodland. The rooms were very good. The people were very nice. It was an older facility, but it was very orderly and clean with good décor. They were having card games when I was there and had activities going on all day long.

March 30, 2017

By Ed087305

Bonaventure of Lacey was very good and clean. The people were very good. Everything looked good. The staff showed us around and introduced us to people.

November 02, 2016

By Claudia200238

Bonaventure of Lacey was newer, and I really liked the 2-bedroom apartment that they had. The place is very clean. The food was good, and I like the layout.

November 02, 2016

By Claudia545885

Woodland by Bonaventure was nice, but I didn't like the apartment. The dining area was clean, and the staff was nice. They had a good layout.

October 06, 2016

By Melissa345633

I really liked the openness and spaciousness of Woodland. The dining areas were big and clean. The staff was very friendly. The rooms’ sizes were generous. They offered much more activities than the other place that we looked at, so we were impressed. They had a shuttle that brought patients into town and doctors' appointments once a week. They could serve three meals a day if you wanted.

October 06, 2016

By Melissa345633

My dad is in the Bonaventure of Lacey. It is really close. They actually have a full kitchen while other places we looked at only had a mini fridge and microwave. He doesn't cook much, but it is just nice to have a sink, running water, and more cupboards. He has a private bedroom, which is not just a wall that separate a bed from the rest of the place. There are many activities and outings offered, plus a little shuttle bus that goes right to the church that he belongs to, which is nice. The staff seems helpful, personable, and accommodating.

October 04, 2016

By traveltime

My mom enjoys her time there, its hard moving but she has adjusted and has made friends. Its big so she has places she goes and reads where she is not bothered and then tons of activities when she wants to get involved. Food is good as well, always comes out hot.

September 13, 2016

By KKono123

I wouldn't put my most hated enemy in this place. They are NEVER staffed. My grandmother has had repeated sores on her bottom from not being toileted or repositioned enough in her wheelchair and/or bed. Bonaventure doesn't even provide toilet paper! Family is expected to provide absolutely EVERYTHING from toilet paper to razors or toothbrush for that matter. If family doesnt provide, resident goes without! Room always smells like old urine. They don't mark any of the client's property with their name and so lose their belongings then expect family to replace. Charges $7000 a month for the memory care and provide nothing but food and a room. I am very frequently told that "we are short staffed" is why staff doesn't do any "care" for residents.

May 17, 2016

By RobinBCZCK

Everything is wonderful at Woodland by Bonaventure. They are very caring and helpful and help us in everything to make the transition much easier for my daughter’s father-in-law. It’s going really well. It’s beautiful, and the atmosphere is above average for what I would have expected for an assisted living facility.

By TerriWVHBZ

My mother moved in a couple of weeks ago to Bonaventure of Lacey, and it's really nice. She's very happy there. The staff is very accommodating and pleasant. The food has been good and on most occasions, I like it. They have card games; the shuttle that takes them to doctors' appointments, stores, and casinos; television; telephone with long distance and local calling; and really nice rooms. I can't really think of anything to complain about. It's been fine. My mother is pretty happy considering she's pretty tough to please most of the time.

By Gary124259650

I visited Bonaventure of Lacey was really nice and welcoming. Everybody was really friendly, and as you're walking around, they would introduce you to other staff and residents. The food was very good. It's easy to get in and out of if you know the Lacey area. They have an activity room. Everything seemed very nice.

By Patricia123634950

Woodland was very nice and the food was really good. It seemed to be a good place for walking but way out of my price range. It was very clean.

By M7

I visited Woodland by Bonaventure. It was fine, but I didn’t like it as much as the other facility. It actually could have worked for my mom but I don’t about my dad because he is more social. It’s a little bit older and it was not as active. The rooms were nice. I saw two different two-bedrooms. One had a nice kitchen. I think they had a washer and dryer in it. It had a nice room with large ceiling. It was bright. They had a dining hall. The staff was very nice.

By M7

I visited Bonaventure of Lacey. When I talked to them, they were like the average age of 80. They did seem to have more activities. They talked more about going out into the community and having shuttle to do that. The dining rooms were better. I just like this facility better.

By Animal LoverMJHXT

Bonaventure of Lacey is a lovely place. The apartments were nicely accommodated, beautiful, and nice. The only problem is the pet restriction. They only allow two, and I have more than two and would still have to rehome several of my other pets, so I had to stay where I am. The place was on par with the other places and cost the same as where I am now, so it wouldn’t really save me anything. If anything, it might even be a little more expensive plus I'd have to rehome several of my pets.

January 17, 2016

By caringwife1

I went to Bonaventure of Lacey for a tour and had a positive experience. It’s a great, community-oriented facility. The staff was made up of cheerful, helpful, and caring people. Everybody seemed extremely happy. I toured their dining room and could tell by the atmosphere and the smell that it is a first-class place.

January 13, 2016

By Visalia

I visited Woodland by Bonaventure. I liked the fact that they had many activities for the seniors and a lot of involvement from the staff with the clients. The staff seemed very nice. The facility was very clean. From what I saw, I would give them 5 stars and would like to live there.

December 30, 2015

By Jim118115750

The location of Woodland by Bonaventure is better than the other facility I visited, plus, the people were compatible. The lady who assisted me was very nice and very professional. She asked me in advance for my dessert preference, and she had it made for me. She was exceedingly nice. The food was very good. They have two dining areas, but I only saw one and thought it was very nice. I think they had some dancing going on when I was there. They also have some physical activities and go on tours if you want to go somewhere. Their rates are higher than the other one I visited, however.

November 22, 2015

They were very personal. Seemed anxious to answer quetions direct. Didn't gloss over our questions. Kept following up with our questions

October 31, 2015

By Margaret Rasmussen

I have lived here five years, and I would not move anywhere else. Everything isn’t perfect, but neither is any of the other places around this area.

October 28, 2015

By DaughterCaring1

We placed my parents at Bonaventure of Lacey. The staff is really friendly. My dad is in assisted living, and my mom is in the memory-care unit. However, the issue that I have is that initially, when my mom was placed there, she was using a walker, and we had a transport wheelchair for her, so she ended up sitting most of the time. Now, she is at the point where she has to have two-person assist for toileting and for dressing. Also, she has developed a huge pressure sore on her right gluteal fold. As of right now, she is in the hospital. They have a weekly field trips to different facilities. They also have musical entertainment that they provide, which my dad likes a lot. My dad is in a one-bedroom apartment. My mom is in a jack-and-jill room, where they have a bathroom in the middle and there are residents on each side.

October 05, 2015

By Dave39

Woodland was near the hospital my wife was, so I went and took a tour while she was in the hospital. It was a nice facility, and the people were fine. I was impressed with how it was maintained.

July 03, 2015

My mom moved to Woodland last June 1st. The staff's work ethics is good, but they are just understaffed. I’ve been there twice a week, so her move in would be successful. The room is nice, and they promised that it would be all clean, but they did not do it; I’m not happy about it. It looks like there are a lot of things for people to do if they want, and that looks nice. My mother goes to an exercise class twice a week, and that’s OK. The food is alright, but I found the glasses dirty, and one was chipped. There are two dining areas. The first one has a salad bar, while the second one doesn’t.

April 20, 2015

Mom is staying at Woodland Retirement. It’s a clean facility, and it seems to be fine. She has friends there. The staff seemed nice when I got up and talk to them. They do have card games, trips, and exercise activities. They have variety of rooms. Their kitchen and dining rooms are very clean.

March 17, 2015

By maryjoblume

I visited Bonaventure of Lacey for my husband. The girl that gave me a tour was very positive and very informative. The facility was a beautiful place. To me, I saw a lot more couples there than individuals in the lunch rooms. They had a couple of different lunch rooms. The apartments were beautifully done. The dementia care was very nice also. I didn't find any fault at all. They were very willing to answer questions. Regarding activities, I did not really observe any. I saw that they have a huge family area set-up upstairs. They had facilities that the family could use even outside, you know, if they want to have a family reunion or something. They seemed to really want to work with their people. It was a very beautiful atmosphere.

February 26, 2015

The staff at Bonaventure of Lacey is very friendly. They try to be helpful and accommodating, but they are overworked. There are just too many people and not enough staff. The room is very clean and very nice. I have eaten there, and the food is good. The dining room is clean. They have a beauty parlor and a movie theater. They have a piano, and people come in to entertain. They have buses to take people to different places and trips. As for the security and safety of the place, I think they are good. They need more staff though. My dad has been there for three months, and they still haven't gotten his medications correct. I have had it with their medical staff.

February 09, 2015

By Sharon101732750

Bonaventure of Lacey was nice and comfortable. They had an activity room and a TV room. They do have activities like bingo and crafts.

February 05, 2015

By lovemygrams

My grandmother is in the memory care facility.It is improving but the staff could use some improvements. They are always moving around but not accomplishing anything. Her clothes are often missing and supplies disappear quite quickly. When our family voices concerns they pretend to listen but the problem is rarely fixed. If she was able to move without complications we probably would but we are stuck. We will continue to monitor.

December 28, 2014

By Randy16

Comfortable. The people here are great, very friendly, and overwhelmingly excellent! I enjoy the other residents; they are very friendly and lively. Katie was moved in here kicking and screaming and has been pleasantly surprised.

December 28, 2014

By Darlene23

I feel good about living here. The people are very nice. The atmosphere is family-oriented.

December 22, 2014

By Denise30

I have my uncle in Bonaventure of Lacey. Everything about it is great. Everything is wonderful. Their activities are great. They have a lot of activities. They have games, puzzles, bingo, bowling on the Wii, and happy hour twice a week. They have musicians that come in once a week. Bonaventure of Lacey is way better than the other facility. I would recommend this place to anybody. Before my uncle went to this place, it was like he didn't have life, and now he has a lot of life. He smiles, he is happy, and he met friends.

November 03, 2014

By Katie10

The people at Bonaventure of Woodland are very good to you here. There are a lot of retired people, and also they are assisted living facilities and you get know those people too. All in all, it is close to my family. They have all kinds of activities going on here, and they take them out places for those that are not able to drive, and they offer a lot of varieties of different things. They want you to feel very comfortable here, so everybody is included and everybody has a good time. It’s kept up pretty well, there are a lot of assisted living accidents, but other than that, that’s not out in the open. Some days the food is good and some days are better but I can cook, we cook in our apartment and we got spoiled here. It’s a three-story building.

September 22, 2014

By Roger and Wanda

Lived here for 3 years. We have really enjoyed living at Bonaventure. None of our apprehensions have come true and the pleasant ease of life has been wonderful. Excellent activities and excellent facilities.

September 20, 2014

I’ve been here 2 years and I really enjoy the facility.

By Elaine22

The Bonaventure of Lacey was fancier looking, more beautiful, but more expensive. The apartments were nice, and their colors were pleasant. I liked that the hallways were more spacious and had more windows. They had open ceilings around their foyers that made it all the more airy and pretty. I enjoyed the staff. One came over with a sample of their food, even; she came to our house. She really went out of her way to make us comfortable, and it was all a pleasant experience. It wasn’t high pressure, it just felt like friendliness. We would have gone there if we could afford it. They were in a pleasant setting, with trees around, and more quiet.

By Wilda2

What's not to like? Everything is wonderful. The food is great. Service is good. I've never been any place that’s as nice as this.

By Dawn14

I love living here! The staff has always been so accomodating. Anytime I have had a problem, they have helped me solve it. They are always so polite and kind and they make me feel at home.

August 28, 2014

Bonaventure of Lacey seemed relatively clean. I liked that it was brand new and very contemporary. It was a big facility and much better than the one where my aunt was. I had the impression that you could get lost in there pretty fast because it was huge with a lot of rooms. The staff was very friendly and they did a lot follow-up by phone. They had a variety of different sizes of apartments, and any of the sizes would have been fine for my aunt, even the smallest ones would have been fine. They were a very active community with a lot of activities going on.

August 28, 2014

My aunt is in Woodland by Bonaventure. We choose it because it is a smaller community. The facility itself is relatively new and beautiful. Their best feature is their staff. The care there is excellent and they have good follow through. They treat my aunt very well and they are very good. My aunt has a two-room apartment with a living room and a bedroom area. It is perfect for her. The food is very good and she has no problem with it. They have a menu style and they have a variety of things in the menu all the time. There are additional different entrées each meal. They can also sit anywhere they want in the dining area. They have a huge variety of activities that they can participate in.

August 13, 2014

Service for dinner was courteous but sometimes very slow. Meat is often overcooked and dry.

July 24, 2014

Carestaff and ed techs are outstanding, Housekeeping and food are not so good. Activities- no reason to be bored. I know they are working on housekeeping and food- when it gets better maybe I can recommend.

July 24, 2014

By Shirley96385050

Overall the staff is excellent. The system in dining room needs improvement. The do not have enough people to serve. The front desk is always cheerful and helpful.

November 20, 2013

By Pat37

Bonaventure was a large place that was both independent and assisted. The facility was nice and it was very large. We met the activities people. They were very pleasant and they had all kinds of activities. The girl who showed us around was very aggressive. My mom is 98 years old and this woman was calling my mom Mom and putting her arm around her which was very cacky especially for my mom. She didn't know her so that was uncomfortable for her. When we got all done with the tour and she was giving us some information, she pulled out these Sudoku books or crossword books and she was talking to our mom like she was a child. My mom looked at her and thought she was crazy. We were very not impressed with the place. Presbyterian Manors is centrally located between all my brothers and my sister. It was more of my mother's decision than ours. She has a really nice room. I believe she likes the food there. The staff was very accommodating.

August 26, 2013

By Caring66221950

We are living here in Bonaventure of Lacey. The rooms are nice and large. The staff is nice. However, we are not very happy with the food, even though we have plenty of it. There are lots of activities, but nobody participates. We are comfortable here and I recommend them to others.

May 31, 2013

By Kathy33

We were quiet satisfied with Bonaventure and we chose it because of the combination of the facilities, staff, convenience, and location. The staff are amazing. They have activities for the residents.

May 11, 2012

By kweepo

This is a beautiful facility with friendly staff. The employees, however, are over tasked and cannot always attend to needs. This could be solved instantly with hiring of more staff and management instead of cutting back so much. Once our family member needed more assistance, the community was not able to facilitate the needs

Independent Living Reviews for Woodland by Bonaventure

August 02, 2016

By Happy Visitor185080

We liked Woodland by Bonaventure. It was really nice. The location was excellent. The staff was nice.

Costs for Woodland by Bonaventure

• Home Sale Assistance
  • Financial Aid

About Woodland by Bonaventure

Life on your terms

Bonaventure is all about one thing: life on your terms. That's why so many people choose a Bonaventure community after they've looked at the other options. It's also why so many doctors, referral agencies, churches and others, not to mention 96% of our residents, enthusiastically recommend us to their friends and families.

We care about what home means to you. We're dedicated to giving you a caring, lively, comfortable, affordable place to make your home. We want it to be filled with family, fun, new experiences and exactly the amount of expert help and care you desire, from a little to a lot.

Home Cooking

Enough with the philosophy, let's talk food! Our in-house chef makes your meals from scratch every day, they don't come from a can. Our healthy and delicious food is often listed as a reason people make their homes here. It is so tasty, you'll be happy we have physical activities and easy fitness programs to keep you from putting on a few pounds! Don't just take our word for it; make us put our money where your mouth is. We invite you to come by for lunch or dinner. It's on us. You can meet new friends and get their opinion on our quality and service.

Transportation

Whether you're going to the symphony or the supermarket, we're here for you. Compare our transportation options to the others and you'll see how easy we make it to stay on the go.

Freedom & Choice

Your home at Bonaventure offers you the choices you need to maintain your freedom, so you can enjoy life on your terms. Spend your days enjoying our sunny walking paths, well-stocked libraries and places to garden while relying on us for vital services like top-notch building security and advanced emergency call systems.

Begin the Adventure

Start something new and exciting in your life. There's no place like home, especially when it's your home at a Bonaventure Senior Living community. If we're right for you, you'll know it 10 minutes after you walk in the door. Come explore your next chapter

Map of Woodland by Bonaventure