Farrington Court Kent, WA

Reviews of Farrington Court

Assisted Living Reviews for Farrington Court

August 14, 2020

By Sassy Senior

My parents moved to Farrington Court as independent seniors who enjoyed the nearby movie theater, restaurants and shopping. They walked to the downtown Kent area frequently and enjoyed browsing. They participated in many of the activities at Farrington such as gardening, shooting pool, scenic rides and trips to Fred Meyer and Target. Farrington also provided rides to doctor visits. The beauty shop was available to both of them as well as once a month foot care. They always enjoyed the dining room menu and were treated with patience and kindness as some memory issues began. As they aged and their needs changed, the staff at Farrington was very helpful with solutions. The Med-Tech group was very caring and tried to keep me informed. All of the staff treated the residents like a member of their family and always included me. My parents have passed away and I know that they always felt that they made the right choice when they moved to Farrington. sr

August 03, 2020

By cllighty

While it's not a pleasant thought to need to put your loved ones in a "home", it is sometimes necessary. I toured about a dozen assisted living sites in the area, and brought my parents to a few that I liked to tour also. Farrington Court was a favorite from the beginning. It is clean, the food is good and healthy, the staff friendly and helpful. I have been visiting my parents there (now just my Mom), for 6 or 7 years now, and they (she) is always happy, well cared for, and content. The staff always has nice things to say about my mom. I highly recommend Farrington Court. There are plenty of activities for the residents, and many of them can be attended by guests also.

November 20, 2019

By David

Farrington Court was my preference for my mother-in-law. It gave an air of 100% confidence. The residents were upbeat, and it struck me as a very professional place. The people were happy and enthusiastic to join into any type of activity. The activities were amazing. The atmosphere to me appeared to be a cut above the rest. The food was amazing, and it's like sitting down to a fine dining restaurant. The staff was amazing as well.

David, We certainly appreciate your gracious review and testimonial for our community. From our housekeeping staff to the dining servers and health & wellness care providers, we strive to serve our residents and their families with dignity and respect and support their independence. Our activities director is constantly looking to add new and engaging things for our residents to enjoy and stay active while having fun. Please let us know if we should fall short of your expectations as we are always looking to improve our services and offerings to our family of residents.

November 08, 2019

By Reliance

From the moment you enter Farrington Court you feel like you are entering a friend's home. The environment is warm and friendly. The management staff is very professional and cares so much about the happiness of each resident. They all work extremely hard to help people transition into their new homes. The staff genuinely cares about each other and every resident. I moved my 94 year old mother into Farrington Court and I could not be more pleased with her care. She lives in a nice one bedroom apartment and enjoys the library, beauty shop and the restaurant style dining. She also enjoys the friendly help of the nursing aids, housekeeping staff and the maintenance staff. All the employees at Farrington Court have a "can do" attitude and that starts with the Executive Director, Marcia Byrd. Residents and visitors are called by name in the hallways. I often see Marcia roaming the grounds tiding up things and checking on residents. Family Advisors, Christina Nelson and Steve Garrett are extremely kind and compassionate and do everything possible to help families feel welcome. Amanda Analla, Health and Wellness Director, is always pleasant and sincerely cares about her residents. The Farrington Court staff is just the best!

Thank you for taking the time to give Farrington Court and its staff members a review. With that being said, we, are humbled by this, and are honored that we were your community of choice for your mother. Transitioning from ones home into a new environment is a tough one at any age and our staff understands this. We do take pride in our community and if at any time we fall short of your gracious review please contact our staff immediately. FYI "MOM IS AN EXCELLENT" Yum : )

September 30, 2019

By Glenna33

My Aunt has lived a Farrington Court the last few years. She loves the 3 meals a day. Getting out with people her own age. Going to the Senior Center (Farrington provides the transportation & to Medical Apt. on certain days) & on Sundays going to Muckleshoot Bingo. I wished Glenna would of gotten a bigger room but she is right she never spends time in her room. The Staff keep her busy by going places. She loves the computers that Farrington provides. The Staff has more less gone out of there way to make sure she is comfortable 24/7. I get off work early in the mornings & we spend time up in her room & lobby at 2 a.m. or so at that early hour in the morning the staff has been great. Glenna is a night owl. I bring 2 cups of Tea or Hot Chocolate from a fast food place & we enjoy our morning together. Glenna seems to be happy there and never complains to me. Glenna never buys food, laundry machines are provide, they have a excellent PT Dept. If they can not provide the transportation because of being booked, wrong day, they see to it that Access, Taxi (is called) or contact me if they can't make the dates. They keep me well informed if anything happens (falls, Medical Condition or whatever comes up.) I could never provide her with the excellent care Farrington Court has provided her. They are one in a million.....Marcia, Che, Christina, Amanda, Nichol and all the Staff have gone beyond there needs. P.S. Another Thing, Glenna feels at home because years ago she went to school there. Farrington has a plaque on the wall I think that is why most of her friends & the oldtimes appreciate Farrington Court & live there because its part of them. Glenna also likes her picture taken & likes to see it in the newspaper or online. Glenna shows everyone & on facebook..

Thank you for taking the time to give our community a review. Farrington Court has been in Kent since the 70's with a reputation for providing great care and excellent service for their residents and families. The community does have a home like feeling when you walk through the door and it is because of residents like your aunt Glenna. We are honored to have her in our community.

September 05, 2019

By MitchMoore

Farrington Court has been a lifesaver for our family. It is always a hard decision to place a parent in a care facility and Farrington has done a wonderful job of leading us through this period. Our mother has a lovely apartment with everything she needs. She has a large bedroom and private bathroom, a kitchen and living room. We were easily able to make it feel like home. The staff has been very accommodating. Marcia and Christina are exceptional. There are numerous activities to choose from throughout the day. There is always something to do. We are so pleased that Farrington is pet friendly as it is of utmost importance to keep my mothers cat with her during this transition. We are grateful to Farrington for the tender, loving care they provide to our elderly mother. It has not always easy and they have been exceptional.

Hello Mitch, We are honored to have your mother as a resident at our community and would like to thank you for the very kind words in your review. Our goal is always to try and make this transition for the families as easiest as possible knowing how hard this decision was in the first place to make. Farrington Court joins our residents journey and sometimes it includes their furry friends in which are are family too.

September 04, 2019

By Pamela Winter

My Mother has been at Farrington Court for over 3 years. She has a 1 bedroom apartment and it's the perfect size for her. The staff is incredible. From Administration, nurses, nurses aids, receptionist to all the staff in the kitchen that prepare and serve meals from 7:00 am to 7:00 pm. Farrington Court has many activities available. My Mother has Alzheimers so she doesn't participate much but loves living there. I live in Canada and go visit her every other month. The staff literally take care of all her needs. I can't say enough good things about this facility!! Thank you Farrington Court for taking such good care of my Mom!

Dear Pamela, Thank you for taking the time out of your day to give our community a review . We are happy to hear your mom has made Farrington Court her home for the last 3 years. We are honored to have your mother as a resident and do not take our take our responsibility lightly, especially when a family member lives out of state, we are your eyes and ears. If at anytime you feel that we are falling short of this review, please bring it to our attention.

September 04, 2019

By glacier

Before placing my brother-in-law at Farrington I visited about a half dozen other facilities in our area. Farrington compares very well in all categories. While the apartments are small, they are adequate for his needs. Attractiveness of the apartments depends of course on what furniture and belongings a resident brings with him. Cleaning service is excellent. I have found the staff to be very responsive and cooperative, especially during a medical crisis in the early spring. They worked with me to draw up a care plan which has had great results for him. I have not eaten at Farrington so cannot rate the food though I have observed that service is very slow.

Thank you for taking the time to give Farrington Court a review, with that being said, I, do agree that the apartment size can be challenging when it comes to square footage and what one maybe used to. Our first and most important task is to take care of our residents well being and to be prepared for any medical crisis whether they are independent or if they receive care services. Having anytime restaurant style dining can be a challenge at times being open from 7 AM to 7 PM offering 2 specials a day and a full menu. We are always striving to improve service anywhere we can. Please stop by the desk for a meal when visiting your brother-in-law, its on us.........we would love to have you.

August 22, 2019

By Dave

Farrington Court seemed old and well used, but it was clean. I was a little less impressed. The elevator didn't work. The apartment had been refurbished, so it was nice, clean and new. They had a park where people take their pets, a garden area where everybody can have a small garden, a big dining area, and a sitting room or TV room. The staff was helpful, interested, and caring.

Thank you Dave for taking the time to give us a review. Our staff does take pride in being helpful and are invested in our residents and the community. I am sorry that the time you toured our elevator may have been down , with that being said, please note that we keep up with all inspections and routine maintenance when it comes to our elevator. We do remodel all apartments as they come available and you will see nothing less when it comes to turning a vacate unit, new paint, carpet, counter tops and cabinets. Farrington Court and its residents are looking forward to 2020 replacing the common area carpeting and all of it furnishings throughout the community along with a new physical fitness center. "Everything may not be in its place, but we truly have a community in which our residents enjoy and it is "LIVED IN " Please feel free to stay in touch, I would like to invite you back Dave to see all of the awesome changes we are making in the future.

February 25, 2019

By Kathy

We toured Farrington Court. All of their apartments had a full kitchen, but my mother did not need a full kitchen, and we didn't want her to even have one. It's an old facility. The person who showed it to us was very nice, knowledgeable, and seemed very caring. I liked her.

Thank you Kathy for visiting our community. With that being said yes we are a seasoned community although not sure you know this but we do have advanced technology when it comes to the safety of our residents and just three months ago our activities room was completely renovated. Farrington Court has many new projects slated for this year from gating our community to a new exercise room. The galley kitchens we have are suited for independent folks with new counter tops and cabinets. The great thing is we are willing to make changes to fit that individuals needs which, might include the removal an appliance if it were a concern. Please revisit our community anytime so see our on going upgrades.

July 23, 2018

By Joan

Farrington Court is a wonderful place. My friend is there for assisted living. The staff members are very nice. Everybody is attentive and very caring. The dining room is like a regular restaurant. I like it the best because they have 24-hour dining with great food. There is no such schedule for the meals, and you can go eat when you want. They also do room service. If they don't hear from the residents, they will bring them breakfast. They will have residents order breakfast from their room if they don't come down to the dining hall. They have so many activities, like bingo, pub night, and movies. There's nothing they don't do.

Thank you Joan for taking the time to give Farrington Court a review. We appreciate our residents and understand that activities, social and choices in dining are very important along with their well being. Please do not hesitate to let us know if their is something that we can improve on.

July 20, 2018

By NO NAME

The facility is clean and well-maintained. The administrative, medical, and kitchen staff are experienced and professional, and genuinely care about the residents at Farrington Court. The residents appear happy and engage with each other and visitors easily. There is an outdoor garden where residents walk to. The restaurant menu has a good variety.

Thank you for taking the time to give Farrington Court a review, our beautiful gardens are kept up and planted by our Garden Club. We try to give our residents a good selection to choose from along with the time they prefer to dine.

January 10, 2018

By DB

The Farrington Court was really very nice. They invited us in, asked us if we wanted to tour during lunch, showed us a room, told us we could come back anytime, and made follow-up calls to us. They have a gym, a laundry area, and a dining room. The staff was wonderful, courteous, and kind.

Thank you Denise for taking the time to give us a review. Please let us know if we can be of any assistance or support in the future. You are always welcome at Farrington Court and would love to have you back for lunch!

July 17, 2017

By Mike

This place is the friendliest atmosphere. The best at nursing. Managing is very good along with their staff. Other friends are here and they love the place.

May 03, 2017

Always, high quality of care in all areas. Even the food is good!

April 29, 2017

By Kristy487817

I was looking for a place for my mom to live after she recovered from hip surgery. The staff was very friendly, informative, and approachable. I didn't feel pressure. Christina and her partner even went to visit my mom in rehab! Will definitely keep this place in mind.

April 18, 2017

By Mary384486

My dad just needed minimal help but he really appreciated the staff and how kind they were. The nursing staff checked in on him all the time and made sure he got his medication in a timely manner. The food was really good too. Lisa, Alex, and Christina even visited dad in the hospital. They go above and beyond at Farrington Court.

October 27, 2016

By Rob V611380

My 92-year old mother recently moved to Ferrington Court. The experience from our first inquiry to present has been nothing short of exceptional. The management and employees are caring and customer serving. The food is fabulous, the rooms are large, the facility is well kept, the residents are happy. What a wonderful place. Christina and Alex go above and beyond. I'm so pleased to have my mother at Farrington Court.

October 04, 2016

By Lisa347335

We went to Farrington Court, and it was very nice, except that the food was not that great. We weren’t impressed with the food. It was just like there was not very healthy food that they offered in not very big quantities. I know seniors don’t eat a lot, but I felt like it was substandard for what we would want. We liked the apartment, and the people there were wonderful. It wasn’t really big, but otherwise, it was a nice place. You could tell that the people were caring, and they cared about the elder people who live there, so that was good. They had one that was playing the piano, and they had a bunch of them getting ready to play poker at lunchtime. They looked like they were having fun.

July 20, 2016

By Gale204415

Farrington Court was not as high-scale as some of the really fancy ones; however, they provided all of the same services. The only problem we had with that one was my dad was being released from rehab and my mom had just gotten out of the hospital, but they said it might take six weeks to get an opening. We didn’t want my parents back in their townhouse because it is a two-story. Nevertheless, the facilities were very nice. They have a huge, open-air dining room where you could look right up to the second floor. The staff was really nice. I felt bad telling them we found another place, but they were very hospitable and very encouraging.

Thank you Gale for taking the time to visit our community and writing a review. I am sorry that we did not have availability at the time of your visit. Choosing another community was the right thing to do. Meeting your parents care needs and keeping them safe is most important, so there was no reason to feel bad. If we can be of any assistance in the future please let us know. Warm Regards, Christina

June 18, 2016

By Isabel402304

I have been 13 years and I love it every day. The staff is the best; helpful in every way, show kindness and interest in everything. Services are excellent and staff is great.

June 17, 2016

By Relative227272

Wonderful attentive staff, clean building, great food. Best place for my dad.

May 10, 2016

By George117888250

I visited Farrington Court and it just simply was an assisted living and senior living area and it didn't have the 24 day care that my mother needed. The rooms are spacious, very nicely laid-out and quite nice, but they're geared to a different aspect. Their specialty are people who are more or less ambulatory that are 55-plus but still very active physically and that was their general premise. Had my mother been in a better physical condition, Farrington Court would have been a lovely site.

December 29, 2015

By Jeff48

Everybody at Farrington Court Retirement Community was friendly and very helpful. The dining room and food were excellent. The programs that they have for the residents were impressive. They are not a brand-new facility, but I think they are a great value and very professional. I would highly recommend them.

Dear Jeff, Thank you for the review. We try our best to meet the needs of our residents. Farrington Court is honored by your words and recommendation.

November 16, 2015

By Michael115274550

Farrington was OK, but not well maintained or well designed. It wasn’t as nice as other places we saw, but the staff seemed nice.

October 29, 2015

By Pat114904850

I went to Farrington Court, and the people at this place were super friendly and very helpful. They have a welcoming committee. They have people that live there that do some gardening outside. It happens to be an older building, and the halls are smaller. He felt like he wasn’t steady on his feet walking down the hall with his cane.

August 08, 2015

By Pamela37

I like the friendliness of everyone at Farrington Court. Dad is currently living in this place. The rooms are very nice. They either have one or two bedroom apartments with a fully furnished kitchen. They have free washer and dryer laundry service. They have additional nursing staff on board if you need it. They have a wonderful dining room. They have an open menu where you can order anything at any time. They have an open seating, and it is very accommodating. They have different activities and church services every Sunday. They have Bible study, bingo, and board games. They are very busy. They have a lot of improvement in the building. They have upgraded all of their doorways, doors, and flooring. It looks very clean. I really can't think of too much that they need to improve on at this time.

Thank you Pamela. The review is very much appreciated. We have worked hard to meet each residents individual requests. Our Stellar Living Team has made the commitment to excellence when providing care, activities,dining and meeting their spiritually needs. We care a lot about your dad and Ginger. Farrington Court is honored that Dick, you and the family chose us.

September 28, 2013

By Kateie

The gardens at Farrington Court are just outstanding and the event that they held on September 7, 2013 with Ciscoe was over the top!! The staff at Farrington Court really worked hard to make the day magical for all. They had a small farmers market going on in the front lobby and they had apartments to tour. The apartments are very spacious with full kitchens, love the remodeling and updating that they are doing in the apartments!! This is a great community with great staff!!!

September 18, 2013

By active grandparents

Farrington Court is the best home we could have chosen for my grandparents. They are very active and there are so many activities that my grandparents can participate in at Farrington. A special emphasis is given on keeping active at the community. My grandparents have had a chance to do things they have never done before with the staff members of the facility. My grandma went rock climbing at REI and ziplining and she loved the adrenaline rush at her age. Her favorite trip was to go rafting on the river.

July 31, 2013

By CaringCVC

Personally, I didn't care much for Farrington Court. There is something with the feel of the place that I didn't like. I felt that there were an awful lot of old ladies with walker sitting around and I just didn't like that. I saw their one-bedroom apartments and I felt the bedroom was too small. The staff was fine and they seemed to know what they were doing. They also have a list of activities and they were pretty much the same with all the other places. With regard to food though, you get all three meals for free in their assisted living facility.

Independent Living Reviews for Farrington Court

April 12, 2019

By Kenneth

Farrington Court was very nice and would be in my consideration in the next few years if I need it. It didn't have set times for meals and you could request other stuff than what they put on the menu. The staff who gave me the tour was very informative. The dining room was medium-size and not as large as what I had seen in other places, but more than adequate. They had an atrium in the center of the parking, and they had some covered parking. The rooms were decent-sized.

Thank you Kenneth for taking the time to give our community a review. We value your visit to Farrington Court and would like to invite you back again to join any activity you maybe interested in or enjoy another meal. Please let us know how we may assist or support you with your search in the future.

September 06, 2018

By Johnny

The services could not have been better. Cristina was professional, courteous, and the reason I decided on coming here. And I will add Marsha to my statement.

Thank you Johnny for your review and your kind words. Please do not hesitate to let us know in the future if we can improve our service.

May 31, 2018

By K. Stuard

Excellent food! Friendly staff who greet residents by name consistently. A very calm, friendly, and lively feeling from the residents also.

May 10, 2018

By Lynda

In-laws very pleased with their new residence. Community has made such a difference in lives of my relatives. Food is excellent and lots of activities to keep them young "90s".

Thank you so much for your kind words, Lynda. We really appreciate you taking the time out to share your experience with us. We count ourselves lucky to have your in-laws be part of our community.

March 20, 2018

By Allene

The staff at Farrington went above and beyond to make my parents feel comfortable and at home. Any concerns were addressed quickly and well. The food was excellent, tasty and fresh. The kitchen stayed open for longer hours than other places we checked. The grounds and residence were well maintained and beautifully decorated during the holidays. Many interesting social activities were offered, both in residence and out and about.

October 16, 2017

By Nick D.

My friend is in Farrington Court, and it's a very nice place. It's a fairly good size, it has a lot of rooms, it's three floors, and it has a lot of activities. There are a lot of decent people that work there and live there. It's a nice place for him. They have a pool table, movies, big areas for people to watch football games or movies, and they also have everything available in your room if you want privacy. They have rooms you can read in, a piano to play, and some places for meetings. He said he likes the food. However, their parking spaces are fairly full.

Thank you Nick for taking the time to give us a review. I agree the parking can be a challenge at times. Farrington Court does however have over a hundred spaces, you can find additional parking behind building A and B, which is close to your friends apartment. Please see Tony or myself (Christina) for tips on getting the best parking available.

March 31, 2017

By Wyllis

Farrington Court is a wonderful place to live because it's like a happy family, there are many fun activities to participate in, and employees are very caring and helpful.

Thank you Wyllis for taking the time to fill out a review for Farrington Court. We take pride in our community and if there is anything we can do better, please do not hesitate to let us know.

March 29, 2017

By Ilene053676

I've lived here almost 5 years and the staff and services are excellent. The chef and his cooks do a great job with tasty food. There is always something to do. Games, books and fun times in-house and outings once or twice a week. Trips to banks, doctors, and for grocery shopping are available. Farrington Court is very well managed.

September 11, 2016

By E.L.

My visit to Farrington was fine, but it wasn’t exactly what we wanted. The rooms were OK, but not as big as we liked. The dining room seemed OK, and the food was fine.

July 01, 2016

By Sarah J.126248

I have a friend that lives in Farrington Court, independent living. I can’t live in there. People have their own little apartments and have to get themselves down to eat. However, it is a great place. All of the people there have a sound mind. If they have Alzheimer’s, it may be in the early stages. Otherwise, they cannot do much. It is a nice place. My friend Shirley is extremely happy there. Their dining area looks really nice. It is in a good location.

Costs for Farrington Court

• Staff Patient Ratio: 4 To 1

• Licenses: Assisted Living Facility License

About Farrington Court

stellarliving.com

Farrington Court, situated in the heart of downtown Kent, offers luxurious apartment homes in a fun and active retirement community. At Farrington Court we have set colossal standards for quality and choice in guest services, amenities, resort-style living, and in all things "fun."

Live at Farrington Court and enjoy your own private apartment home, and fill it with your own treasured belongings. Meet new friends and entertain family in the beautifully appointed dining room. We offer true restaurant dining, and all meals are prepared for you by our very own chef. Then there's the programs! Sign up for an art class. Start a new fitness program. Or book that travel excursion you've always wanted to. You will be amazed by how many fun social and recreational activities there are just waiting for you. Whether you want to spend an afternoon in the library with a good book, enjoy a night on the town with your sweetie, or want to socialize with friends, Farrington Court has it all. Our location also allows you to enjoy all that Kent has to offer. We are close to shopping centers, banks, medical facilities, and more.

Imagine the peace of mind knowing that our highly-trained staff is available 24 hours a day to answer any questions you may have and that every apartment is equipped with an emergency communication system. And if you need some assistance, whether a little or a lot, our Assisted Living services are available and can be started at any time.

Quite simply, at Farrington Court, it's your life, on your terms. We help make it all possible.

2013 & 2014 Best of Kent Award, Open dining program 7 am - 7 pm. Beautiful courtyards surrounding the community, enclosed garden courtyard that is still accessible during rainy or overcast weather.

Map of Farrington Court