University House Issaquah

University House Issaquah (425) 428-6001

Reviews of University House Issaquah

Assisted Living Reviews for University House Issaquah

July 22, 2014

We went to University House very briefly, and I like the facility, but my mom needed a higher level of care that they weren't able to provide. The facility is very nice. It's very well kept, and it's kind of a higher scale facility. The decorations are nice. It's more focused on independent people, and they donÕt cater to dementia patients. Their apartments are lovely, and the dining area is very nice. I saw the staff, and I thought that they were good, but I feel that they weren't being realistic about what they were able to do when you need higher care. My mother should not have ever been left alone, and that wasn't something that they insisted upon. I feel my mom needs to have a caregiver, and they were resistant to have her needing that. They weren't realistic about how much help she needed.

August 28, 2012

By poppers67

the grounds a clean, safe, and easy to get around. the staff is very friendly and professional- excellent bedside mannor. and they manage multiple levels of need, from hardly any, to total dependance with care and respect. the food is often locally sourced and was better than expected, with a great deal of variety. most importantly the community is very strong. not just the staff, but he residents as well. the whole buliding is very clean, and never felt sickly.

May 18, 2012

By Mitzy

If there's a place I would want to be, it's definitely in this facility. They seem to have everything here. The amenities include: an entry area that looks like a fancy hotel, saltwater swimming pool, a salon that opens more often, a large dining room and larger variety of rooms configuration. It also has a broader mix of people; active seniors and some using walkers or in wheel chairs. This place has a unique policy, a policy to be actively friendly. If someone is new, one resident acts as a mentor to show the new one around. They also try to match up similar interests and likes. For instance, a woman started a painting group. They meet on their own every week to do some activities.

Independent Living Reviews for University House Issaquah

March 09, 2018

By Judy001

We moved into University House Issaquah from out of state. So it was very important to choose carefully. We are so pleased with our decision and so comfortable here. Everyone on the staff really strives to make this a warm experience – and especially the executive Director and the Directors of each of the departments.. The whole place is beautiful and clean and the Dining room provides good, tasty and hearty meals. The in-house swimming pool is an added plus. We are very pleased with our choice of University House.

November 01, 2016

By Dean287837

If I were going to move into something right now, I’d probably move into the University House in Issaquah. I liked the way it was laid out. I liked the rooms much better than some of the others, and they seemed to be a pretty nice group of people that I was introduced to and had lunch with, and I liked the location.

July 01, 2016

By Alice100024

University House Issaquah was not as expensive as the other places and a high rise of at least three stories. They had a lot of activities. I only spoke with one person, and she was very helpful. If you had to go from independent living to assisted living, you didn't have to move to a different apartment. You could stay in the same apartment and just get the extra services, and I thought that was nice. Their rooms were quite nice, large, and had a newer style.

May 26, 2015

By Sammy3

This place is nice, clean, well maintained. The apartments seem to be spacious and well planned. The facilities average age is about 84 and many have dementia. Food seems to be good though not highly creative

Costs for University House Issaquah

Photos of University House Issaquah

Services and Amenities of University House Issaquah

• Dining Extra: Private Dining Room

• Pool
  • Features Extra: Library, Fitness Room/Gym, Theater

• Internet Enabled Rooms

• Activities Extra: Various Classes, Enhance Fitness, Exercise Classes, Art Shows, Parties, Social Worker/Counselor Led Support Groups

• Diabetic

• Check

• Get Costs

About University House Issaquah

eraliving.com

Bathing, Grooming, Dressing, Standby transfer assistance, escorting, Incontinence support, medication management

Era Living, a respected and recognized leader in retirement living throughout the Puget Sound, is a private, Seattle-based company founded by Eli and Rebecca Almo. Since 1987, Era Living has been dedicated to fostering a healthy and engaging environment of whole body wellness, culture, warmth and social fulfillment, providing exceptional healthcare services and enriching activities at all eight communities. Era Living's Wellness and Active Aging Programs are developed in collaboration with the University of Washington School of Nursing - one of the nation's top-rated nursing schools. It's this type of innovative and vibrant approach to senior living that makes Era Living communities so desirable.

Map of University House Issaquah