Brookdale Foundation House

Reviews of Brookdale Foundation House

Assisted Living Reviews for Brookdale Foundation House

October 28, 2015

By Pat114904850

The staff at Brookdale Foundation House was very helpful, and the cost was a little less expensive, but still getting all the care. We had a meal there, and the food was good.

September 15, 2015

Foundation House is a great community and a very pretty place. They have vans, and they go to the doctors or take them to the store. They have a little store, a beauty shop, and music there. They have just about anything that she needs if we are not available to help her. I haven't had any trouble with the staff; they seemed fine. My mother has a one-bedroom apartment and a huge bathroom with a big shower, a little kitchen, and just about everything that she needs there. They have a dining hall where she can go to eat if she doesn't cook, and she likes eating there. They have lots of activities, so there's never a dull moment if you don't want one.

October 16, 2014

By Denise27

I didn’t feel the staff at Foundation House was as friendly as the other facility I went to. We were with two nurses as we toured, and they were dealing with a client. He seemed like he just wanted to get back to his room, but they told him he had to wait for someone to come to assist him. That isn’t what I want to hear, because there were two of them, I don’t know why one of them couldn’t have assisted him. I didn’t tell that they were being very pleasant generally but when you have clients or potential residents come in there to visit, the staff should be very open and friendly to those people. The rooms were pretty decent, and it was a nice facility, but the staff turned me off.

We deeply regret that we were unable to meet all of your expectations. We want to thank you for taking the time to visit and to share your feedback. Please know it will be reviewed and used to better serve our residents and their families in the future.

June 17, 2014

We have committed to a place called Foundation House. It is independent living with options for assisted. We have a cottage there, so we are independent. What I like best this place is the independence, the availability of all of the activities, food and everything, and the ability to move into assisted living when we need it. They have bridge, bingo, exercise, crafts, excursions, transportation, and classes. The staff is very friendly and accommodating.

April 22, 2014

I had heard of Foundation House before, and so I went there for a visit. The facility is high quality and very nice. The foods are very good, and the staff is very friendly and helpful. I didn’t see any activities, but we were told that they do have some. The cost is pretty high for this facility for us to be able to get a place there.

February 28, 2014

I like the open concept of Foundation House. I like this facility a lot, but it was way too expensive for us. The people are very friendly. I talked to the residents and they like this facility. Their dining room was very nice.

October 18, 2013

By Caring71651950

I visited Foundation House. It was not what I was told it would be. I was supposed to meet some residents there and was supposed to be served lunch, but none of that happened. I was shuffled into a room, left with the woman whom I talked to. We went to see a couple of places. I was quoted prices that were outlandish. I would not recommend that place to anybody.

September 19, 2013

By Maude1

My mother did stay in Foundation House for a couple of days. They're all wonderful there. The staff, the activities and their residents, they're all great. It is a fine facility.

November 16, 2012

By ThomA

Foundation House is fine. We thought it was a little like a hotel. The staff is friendly and helpful, is always around, gives us lunch and answers all our questions. The foods were okay, but not outstanding.

November 17, 2011

By Tim G.

While I did not enjoy the prospect of having a family member living in a nursing home, I was pleasantly surprised by the level of devotion the staff had. In many places, it seems like the staff is moderately apathetic-this facility however had workers who seemed to genuinely enjoy their work. The staff was happy to answer any questions I had.While the facility was not the most advanced, and did not have the amenities of some more expensive nursing homes, it did have excellent staff and better than average available activities for residents. The facility was clean and orderly, while still seeming somewhat at ease. While my family member did not seem very enthusiastic about the prospect of living there, after a month they greatly enjoyed it. Having friendly staff on hand seemed to make them feel more like they were with family, not people being paid to help out. I would choose this facility for myself if I ever found myself in a position where I needed to go into assisted living.

Independent Living Reviews for Brookdale Foundation House

Photos of Brookdale Foundation House

Services and Amenities of Brookdale Foundation House

• Hiking Trails

• State Licenses: 1917

About Brookdale Foundation House

Brookdale Foundation House provides a full range of choices for today's seniors. Choosing a senior living community represents a lifestyle choice and we understand that our residents are choosing much more than a comfortable living environment to call home. Our Brookdale community delivers Inspired Independent Living, with the promise of Exceptional Experiences Everyday. In choosing this community, our residents have made a conscious lifestyle decision designed to deliver enhanced opportunities for pursuing health and life fulfillment through the exceptional services, amenities and opportunities we offer. And, our residents can rest assured that as their needs change we provide a variety of ancillary services and a Personalized Assisted Living environment that encourages our residents to continue to live as they please while respecting individual preferences.

Our Optimum Life&reg and Celebrations programs provide an all-encompassing way of life that touches the lives of our residents, their families and associates alike. Optimum Life&reg is a journey of self-discovery including services, features and benefits that allow each resident to pursue their peak level of health, wholeness and fulfillment while balancing six key dimensions of personal wellness: emotional, intellectual, physical, social, spiritual and purposeful. As part of Optimum Life&reg we encourage our residents to celebrate life each day. Inspired dining and vibrant lifestyle activities come together in our Celebrations program filling the monthly calendar with themed experiences, special events and group activities that highlight different cultures and cuisines in a common venue of camaraderie.

Map of Brookdale Foundation House