The Leopold Retirement Residence

Reviews of The Leopold Retirement Residence

Assisted Living Reviews for The Leopold Retirement Residence

March 10, 2016

By Elizabeth Warren

My Mom moved herself into the Leopold 10 years ago with the understanding that she could receive more assisted living as she grew older and perhaps more in need of it. However recently, the owner decided to drop the assisted living. Now she has to face moving as she is in need of more care then visiting contracted assistance can provide. All these years she endured the obnoxious noises from the drunks and drug addicts from the alleys behind the Leopold. She endured a high turnover in staff due to the very low pay and lack of benefits for employees. She endured poorly prepared food frequently.. She endured it because she thought she would always be able to live there. But they changed it. I don't recommend this place. They might change the rules on you and make it for only college students or something. No reliability or concern for the residents.

December 08, 2015

By Peter W.

This place is more of an apartment for the elderly than assistance with care. The in house nursing department is no longer there and was replaced by an outside company. The kitchen staffs rude to the residents while serving and the kitchen is filthy.. the building is falling apart and the company won't fix anything. One neighbor told me that he was moving out because he was afraid a piece of ceiling would fall and hit him in the head. The bathrooms are filthy. And the management has gone down hill since Trisha resigned. Not a good place to live. The downtown area is getting worse one kid overdosed on drugs in the parking lot. Drunks and bums sleep in the ally and management does nothing about it. The night clubs around the buildings are loud and drunk people wonder into the building at night. This place is horrible.

January 30, 2014

We visited The Leopold Retirement Residence and it didn't work out very well. It's actually an old hotel and it looked lovely, but I think it needed updating. We saw areas with loose wires hanging down. The official person who greeted us had lots of facts and information. She was really nice and very helpful. I have nothing, but praise for her because she did a great job. They invited us for dinner and something went wrong. We were waiting over an hour and no food appeared. They had a fixed dining room where you have fixed seating and there's another one that looked like just a series of tables put up in a function room or something like that. I didn't like the setup. There was no sense of community because everyone just came in, and then went up to their apartments. The apartments were actually nice, but some other areas like the common bathroom, we didn't feel for that. Also, being downtown didn't necessarily suit us. We prefer being a little ways out of downtown. We were not impressed.

About The Leopold Retirement Residence

The Leopold Retirement Residence is a senior living provider in Bellingham, Washington that offers residents Assisted Living. Contact The Leopold Retirement Residence for more details on services and rates.

Map of The Leopold Retirement Residence