Brookdale Williamsburg

Reviews of Brookdale Williamsburg

Assisted Living Reviews for Brookdale Williamsburg

December 16, 2014

By Ana3

I visited Chambrel. The rooms were nice. They had everything that everybody needed. The staff was straightforward. They would tell you right off the bat. I asked them right away if they were affordable, and they were upfront with me. When I was there, some people were doing bingo, and some were doing craftwork or something of the sort. I just wished they had more affordable assisted living for people who couldn't afford them.

May 10, 2014

By Karen71192550

I really truly liked Chambrel. All of it was very nice and open. The people were very nice and pleasant. They were very responsive, if you needed something. They had many activities. At that time, they had a choir singing and hand bell choir. They had a library, computers, and card games. Their dining area was very comfortable.

May 10, 2014

We found Chambrel at Williamsburg for my husband's parents. This is a great facility. They are in a two-bedroom apartment. The food is good, and they have a good menu. The staff are very helpful.

April 30, 2014

By Robert83706650

Chambrel is beautiful. Their apartments are a whole lot bigger. It cost a fortune from my point of view. But they're nice. A couple of their apartments were as big as a house. And that would have been just fine. But we couldn't go beyond that. I wandered around but I never got to see the person that was in charge. He went somewhere and it took him 3 weeks to call me back, so I wasn't that much interested. The place was large and most of it was retirement living, and the assisted living was on top of that. It's so expensive. It was high-class. It was a mixture of retired people that wanted to live there and then if you had to have assisted living that was on top of that, that's why it got up to be $7,000 to $9,000 a month. By the time I got to there, I wasn't much interested because it's just too expensive.

July 29, 2013

By Kim25

Chambrel had really nice apartments. The food seemed very good. The staff I met seemed very nice but I heard some not so great things about them when I talked to people, but I don't know it firsthand. However, they made it sound that they had more than they had and My mom thought it was too fancy for her.

April 05, 2012

By MeOhMyWhyMe

My wife was partially paralyzed from breast down. She stood up and went to sit down in her wheelchair and broke her left hip and right ankle. I was on the road and put her in the assisted living until she was well enough to come home. This facility allowed her to have our 2 dogs there. The staff was very helpful to get my wife in. She loved the place. She got the care she needed to get her legs to straighten out and the right foot that dropped. They had all kinds of recreation to pass the time and to make new friends. The food was very delicious. You got to order off a menu. You were close to many shopping malls, movie taverns, and sights to visit. They have transportation to take you to your doctor's and other places. I would reccomend this place to anyone who needs assisted living.

Independent Living Reviews for Brookdale Williamsburg

July 31, 2014

By Cheryl39

My mother’s care is doing very well at Chambrel. There are all sorts of activities available but she hasn’t used any of them yet. She’s on oxygen so she goes up to the dining room and right now that’s the extent of what she’s doing. They post many activities they have planned for them and they have this all the time. They have transportation, physical therapy and all that stuff there; and she’s been to the salon so the salon is also a benefit. It’s an old place but clean. The staff is excellent. They’re so polite and they are so caring. I would recommend it. It’s got all things in house. The chef does an excellent job with the food. I’ve tasted the food and my mother seemed to be very pleased with the food. All the people there are just as nice and personable; and so I don’t think you could ask any much more than that.

March 20, 2014

By Jane78482250

I found Chambrel very nice. The girl who helped me was very personable and knowledgeable. I really like the facility, and it was actually one that was on my mom's short list if she moved down here. I looked at the independent living which was like apartments. They were very nice and very spacious. They had bingo, reading groups, movie nights and trips out shopping. I'd like to move there.

September 19, 2013

By Eleanor2

Chambrel at Williamsburg was the first one I toured at Williamsburg and this place is very nice. The place was very elegant. Everything was excellent although it was a little too far. The residents were very friendly and nice. It was like home. The people there interacted well with each other and they welcomed me and they said they hope I would come and stay with them. The amenities were good. Some students would come in periodically and would perform for the residents and I really like that one.

Photos of Brookdale Williamsburg

Services and Amenities of Brookdale Williamsburg

• Housing Extra: Cottages

• Coffee Shop
  • Hiking Trails
  • Pool
  • Features Extra: Library, Fitness Room/Gym, W/D In Apt.

• Home Sale Assistance

• Pets: All Pets Allowed

About Brookdale Williamsburg

Brookdale Williamsburg provides a full range of choices for today's seniors. Choosing a senior living community represents a lifestyle choice and we understand that our residents are choosing much more than a comfortable living environment to call home. Our Brookdale community delivers Inspired Independent Living, with the promise of Exceptional Experiences Everyday. In choosing this community, our residents have made a conscious lifestyle decision designed to deliver enhanced opportunities for pursuing health and life fulfillment through the exceptional services, amenities and opportunities we offer. And, our residents can rest assured that as their needs change we provide a variety of ancillary services and a Personalized Assisted Living environment that encourages our residents to continue to live as they please while respecting individual preferences.

Our Optimum Life&reg and Celebrations programs provide an all-encompassing way of life that touches the lives of our residents, their families and associates alike. Optimum Life&reg is a journey of self-discovery including services, features and benefits that allow each resident to pursue their peak level of health, wholeness and fulfillment while balancing six key dimensions of personal wellness: emotional, intellectual, physical, social, spiritual and purposeful. As part of Optimum Life&reg we encourage our residents to celebrate life each day. Inspired dining and vibrant lifestyle activities come together in our Celebrations program filling the monthly calendar with themed experiences, special events and group activities that highlight different cultures and cuisines in a common venue of camaraderie.

Map of Brookdale Williamsburg