Brookdale Salem

Reviews of Brookdale Salem

Assisted Living Reviews for Brookdale Salem

December 10, 2015

By Victoria C

Brookdale Salem was excellent. I liked the setup of the facility in the way that they have separated the community into different sections. They have a dementia unit, and the activities there are very effective. The staff was very positive and very caring about their community and the residents. They keep their patients involved in the daily activities.

January 17, 2015

We chose Emeritus at Ridgewood Gardens for my mother-in-law. It was a lot less expensive. It didn't have the nursing home kind of feel. Finally, they had the memory care we were looking for. We really liked the rooms at first, but now it is becoming a problem. We are kind of disturbed by my mother-in-law's roommate who is creating a bit of trouble. The rooms are spacious enough for what she needs, but it is not well maintained. We liked the community better in the beginning. It is OK right now, but it would be better if things changed. They are understaffed, and there are too many patients right now. They need more staff to take care of the people here, and they need better housekeeping in the rooms.

We appreciate you sharing your concerns with us. Please be assured that the safety and well-being of our residents is our first priority and we share their concerns as well as the concerns of their families and friends. We would welcome an opportunity to discuss with you personally and hope you will call us at 877-400-5296.

December 06, 2014

By Gail27

Emeritus at Ridgewood Gardens was very attractive, and I liked everything about it. I liked the way their dining room was set up, and everybody that I spoke to was very friendly. I had no qualms about it at all. The food was excellent. The rooms were somewhat small, but it was bright and airy. They have reached out to me a couple of times, and I am very thankful for the fact that even if I am not going to be living there, they've reached out to me with suggestions and help. I saw nothing there that would make me feel like they were inadequate in any way. It was apparent to me that the residents were their primary concern, but the family members were also extremely important, and you cannot beat that.

September 08, 2014

My mother-in-law is in Emeritus at Ridgewood Gardens and it is very good. The nursing staff seems veritable. The people in charge seem very knowledgeable and very willing to help. They are really nice people. The rooms are nice. They have a single room and a studio. Everything is clean. The administration works with you very congenially. They are friendly and helpful. I know they serve breakfast, lunch and dinner. I hear that the food is good, but I didn't taste it. I like that they try to foster a sense of community more so than the other assisted living facility I visit. I will gladly live there.

August 05, 2014

By ssmith56

I visited this community about 6 months ago searching for a place to care for my mother. The staff were very knowledgeable and we're so kind to my mother. I have since moved my mother into this community and she couldn't be happier!

June 23, 2014

Emeritus looked fine. The room looks fine. The room had a living area and a bedroom. They also have studios. I didn’t like the fact that she would have to be on the second floor, though. I like one-level facilities.

Memory Care Reviews for Brookdale Salem

Training Areas

• Memory Care Training

About Brookdale Salem

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Located directly across from Lewis Gale Hospital. We offer house doctor services as well. Newly opened Memory Care Neighborhood July 2014!

Map of Brookdale Salem