Friendship Health and Rehab Center

Reviews of Friendship Health and Rehab Center

Independent Living Reviews for Friendship Health and Rehab Center

July 26, 2014

By atruebeleaver

Not good horrible nurses very rude good luck getting them to do there jobs. there have been multiple shootings making it a scary to live there nurses treat there patients poorly. a nurse unplugged a patients phone because she did not want to be deserved wow incredible I ask one of there security officers what was his background he said he was filling in an he is a house keeper not a security guard which is a joke that they have house keeping doing security work which means there is no real security there. I meet one men that was a armored car employee that is the real deal if he worked for armor car which makes me feel a little better but he said he is going to leave because of the work involvement so once he leaves there is know real security there which is a problem for me. I don't want my mom being guarded by house cleaning there not trained or real security guards one of the residents fell and they called security not a ambulance or any type of medical help not one nurse showed up for her guess at least they didn't call are house cleaning to help her what a joke calling security to help a fallen patient and not medical help. I am looking at other homes for my mom its not safe there.

January 30, 2014

I stayed at Friendship Retirement Community. I was on a wheelchair and the apartments were roomy enough for me to get around. The people in the office were very helpful. If I had any situation with maintenance, they were usually very prompt when I needed something fixed. There was a restaurant where I could go and the food was pretty good, but I cooked my own food. They took me shopping and to the bank for free. My only problem was going to the doctor because I had to pay for outside help. Nonetheless, I was glad I moved here and I would recommend it to others.

December 22, 2012

By speccy2

The facilities, both independent living and assisted living, were kept very clean. The independent living had less staff, but we almost always saw maintenance people keeping walkways clear and emptying trash cans. The assisted living facility was also very clean, but the staff could seem unfriendly sometimes, mostly during the holidays. My aunt rarely had any complaints about either facility, but she did mention that the quality of the food had degraded during her stay. Several of her neighbors had mentioned that the toilets were not of the highest quality, often requiring several flushes to fully remove waste. My aunt did enjoy the activities that the staff facilitated among the residents. She regularly played Scrabble with several of her neighbors, and enjoyed the church services that were held on premises. I also noticed that the facility appeared to be well staffed when we would visit her during the holidays, and my aunt always said that they would have several Christmas parties for residents with games and gift exchanges. Overall, her stay was very positive, and we never noticed anything that would cause us to have concern about this facility.

February 23, 2012

By 891skype

My grandparents live at Friendship Manor and have for a number of years now. They have progressively declined in both physical and mental health and the staff there have been continuously kind and patient. Though my own family struggles to endure the daily challenges of caring for and interacting with two people who only very vaguely resemble the individuals we have known for years, the staff at Friendship Manor continue to care for my grandparents and seek out the best decisions for their care. They have accommodated us in many unique situations and have been patient beyond what I would have expected from such a facility. Though I have not personally had the opportunity to speak with or to thank any staff members at Friendship Manor I am continually thankful that my grandparents are being cared for at such a place. Thank you for providing quality care and facilities for the elderly!

Nursing Home Reviews for Friendship Health and Rehab Center

April 15, 2015

By Sadvisitor

Residents are left to lie, naked, in a puddle of their own urine for hours at a time. I was visiting a friend there and witnessed both he and his roommate were lying exposed, drugged, and soaked. It was appalling. On another visit, I noticed many of the residents were unable to feed themselves and their food remained on a table. No one fed them. The place is filthy. They have scented air fresheners in the halls to mask the smell. I couldn't wait to leave.

December 19, 2014

My mother-in-law is in Friendship Manor (Friendship Health and Rehab Center). We choose it because it is the one we find most helpful. We have a great experience. She is in a shared room, but it is adequate. The staff is very helpful to my mother-in-law. I have not eaten there, but the food looks all right, and my mother-in-law likes it. They have all kinds of stuff to do, but she is not able to do anything because she does rehab. She's doing fine there, and she is satisfied. It is a good place to live.

July 12, 2012

By novgirl88

I had a very positive experience visiting this facility. All of the staff we very friendly and had a great, positive bedside manner. Most of the staff on the memory loss unit were very experienced in this type of care and know a lot about how to take care of their patients. The facility itself was very clean and free of clutter. The memory loss unit is a locked unit so that patients suffering memory loss could still get up and move about instead of being confined to a room. This facility seemed to be very well staffed with each patient getting individualized care. The patients that were up walking around always had someone at their side to ensure their safety. What realy sold me on this facility was that no memory loss patient was sedated or heavily medicated.

September 29, 2011

By aapostrophe

My grandmother lived at Friendship Manor for 3 years before she died. The facilities seemed clean enough, but the atmosphere was quite dreary. There was quite a sterile feel to the place, and the staff seemed quite detached. The staff members that I met seemed friendly, but no one seemed to really care or interact with the residents past the basic requirements of their job. There were scheduled activities for the residents to participate in, but no one seemed to be having a good time. The rooms were small and cramped, and the meals were bland and overcooked. No pets were allowed, and my grandmother had to give up her beloved pet and was quite depressed. I felt sad whenever I visited my grandmother, and wished that she lived in a happier place. I felt that Friendship Manor was not a place for seniors who still enjoyed life which made visiting feel more like a chore. The facility served its' purpose, but I believe more modern assisted living facilities do a better job at providing an enjoyable social atmosphere.

Continuing Care Retirement Community Reviews for Friendship Health and Rehab Center

Services and Amenities of Friendship Health and Rehab Center

• Pool

About Friendship Health and Rehab Center

Friendship Health and Rehab Center is a senior living provider in Roanoke, Virginia that offers residents Independent Living, Nursing Homes, and Continuing Care Communities. Contact Friendship Health and Rehab Center for more details on services and rates.

Map of Friendship Health and Rehab Center