Dogwood Terrace Richmond, VA

Reviews of Dogwood Terrace

Independent Living Reviews for Dogwood Terrace

July 04, 2018

By Marion

Everything at Dogwood Terrace was very nice. They had a pool table, library, movies, exercise room, and beautiful dining room where they serve three meals a day. The staff was very friendly and nice. We liked it there.

January 27, 2018

By Don

Dogwood Terrace is managed by the same company as the place we chose, but $1,000 a month more. It had all the same amenities. In the Richmond area, north of the James River costs a lot more than south of the James River. We didn't have any negatives about this facility.

June 01, 2017

By brian868602

We chose Dogwood Terrace for its location, friendly staff, and affordability. My dad's unit is a one-room efficiency that has a refrigerator.

April 10, 2017

By Irene226814

Dogwood Terrace was a very nice-looking place. Tthey showed me a tiny studio on the ground floor. It would have been fine, but not 10 feet from the door was a highway. It was also so expensive that I would have to give every cent I bring in, and I couldn't do it. The staff was fine, not pushy, and followed up. They had a dining room, and you could cook a little bit in the kitchen. They had an exercise place, a TV room, and a computer room, but I didn't see anybody there.

March 30, 2017

By Sarah826342

Dogwood Terrace appeared to be a new place. The main room for the residents was well lit and had a cheerful feeling. I liked that the staff they had hired to serve the residents in the dining room really knew the residents. They were students, so I thought it was nice that it gave a cross section of age groups and the residents could talk with young people who are serving them. Some of the staff members were husband and wife which was nice too because that brought a family element to the community. I had dinner there, and the food was delicious.

March 08, 2017

By Hope128020

Dogwood Terrace felt like home, not like a nursing home. The staff people were very nice and very friendly, and the rooms were spacious and clean. The grounds were very well-kept, and it was in a very convenient location for me. The cost was very expensive, but for what my mother needs, it was fine. I would recommend it.

November 30, 2016

By Horace620846

Dogwood Terrace is very nice, the staff was very helpful, and the model apartment was very nice. I was offered the food, but I didn't try it. They offered 3 meals a day. It was nice enough that I would consider living there myself.

November 01, 2016

By Samantha448046

Dogwood Terrace was one of my favorite ones. I like it a lot. It was in a nice zip code or area, it's clean looking, you see a bunch of apartments where people are actually living in, and it was like an apartment complex. It was all connected, and inside there's a big dining area. It was fairly new, and it's very nice. They actually had apartments with balconies, the staff was friendly, and I was shown a studio, a 1-bedroom and a 2-bedroom.

September 30, 2016

By Kim527341

I thought Dogwood Terrace was great. It was clean, but it was too far from me. If I had lived another 2 miles closer to them, it would have been ideal. I got a feeling of professionalism, and there was an overall feeling of care.

August 18, 2016

By Sherry270825

My aunt is currently at Dogwood Terrace in independent living. You are paying for the meals, light housekeeping once a week, and little assistance. I feel that the place really tries and their intentions toward the residents are good, but they are terribly understaffed. They have a community room, an exercise room which no one uses, and a game room. The women play bingo and do some activities. I think they are really good at taking care of any maintenance problems. The grounds are kept nice and attractive. The outside looks much better than the inside.

March 30, 2016

By Alvin6

I thought Dogwood Terrace was a really nice place with really nice people. It was clean and had everything that you could want. If you went there, you would not need anything else. You pay one price and have everything. However, it was a little too expensive for what I wanted and needed. Other than that, if someone would need that type of living, that would be fine.

April 17, 2015

By Gene15

There was availability and price at Dogwood Terrace. They have a walking club and movie night. They do bingo, horse racing, cards, puzzles, and exercise activities. The food is great, and the room is spacious enough. The staff is very nice, too.

January 12, 2015

By Dorothy104286950

I was pretty impressed with Dogwood Terrace, and I actually went there several times. They worked really hard to keep their people happy, and I would really recommend them highly. The food was wonderful, and I keep fantasizing about it. If there's anything that would make me decide, it would be the food because the food was totally gourmet. The grounds are very pretty. There is a park there within walking distance where I could go and walk in. There is a beautiful pond, walking trails, and lots of nice things, and also within walking distance are some of the really best shopping areas of Richmond. They liked me, and I liked them a lot, but I just really wasn't ready to do this. It is just expensive. The only one that I could even hope to ever live in would be the studio which was tiny and claustrophobic.

July 29, 2014

By Deborah32

I visited Dogwood Terrace. It's a lovely place. What my mother hated about it was that they don't have a full kitchen. My mother really hated that. She felt like that we were saying she couldn't be trusted to have a kitchen. Nevertheless, Dogwood Terrace was beautiful. It was a smaller community, more intimate, and very friendly, but my mother could not get over that they didn't have a full kitchen. The dining room was gorgeous. It was really new. The upgrades were really pretty. It was a very attractive facility.

April 21, 2014

By Nanette3

Dogwood Terrace is a combination because they don't provide assisted living, but they have nurses who are contracted in the building, so the nursing is available to anyone who wants to hire that service. It seems to be new and clean. They seem very concerned about the cleanliness, so that's important. The grounds are very well-kept, and the management is on-site. It's a family, and they are very, very friendly. I like that they're always trying to engage the residents to be very social, and they have a lot of different things going on. They have different people who come in and entertain at parties and get-togethers. I think it's really perfect for someone who doesn't want or can't spend top dollar because it really has all of those things that you want without being too expensive. The only thing that's lacking is they need a little more variety in the food, and some of the residents say that. They have a lot of food, and it is well-prepared, but it's very often the same thing over and over. If you want some variety, you just order in or go out sometimes.

December 27, 2013

The residents at Dogwood Terrace encouraged me to move down there. It looked like a very nice place. The staff was friendly, the rooms were spacious and nice.

Costs for Dogwood Terrace

Photos of Dogwood Terrace

Services and Amenities of Dogwood Terrace

• Housing Extra: Handicap Barrier Free Units Available, Individual Climate Control, Safety Rails In Bathroom, Telephone Hookup

• Dining Extra: Private Dining Room, Resident Kitchen

• Hiking Trails
  • Features Extra: Laundry Room For Use, Chapel, Library, Locked Mailboxes, Elevator, Parking: Garage

• Technology Extra: Business Center, Wi Fi In Common Areas

• Activities Extra: Billiard Lounge, Game Room, Activity Room

• Pets: Most Pets Allowed

About Dogwood Terrace

Dogwood Terrace is located in Richmond, VA, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

So come to Dogwood Terrace for a visit...and stay!

Map of Dogwood Terrace