The Arbors at Port Warwick

Reviews of The Arbors at Port Warwick

Independent Living Reviews for The Arbors at Port Warwick

April 14, 2017

By Sandi155531

You can eat anything you want all day long at the Arbors at Port Warwick, there are no set eating times, and the menu also changes daily. They will also take you anywhere you want at anytime. The other places I looked at will only take you twice a week to the doctor, and they had set eating times where everyone had to sit down at around the same time; that is not going to play for adults. So those are the 2 kickers why we chose this place. For me, it is beautiful, the meals are good, and my folks are happy. Everything is clean and safe. They even have done the laundry for them. They would do anything for you, but the big kickers are transportation and the meal that is available at anytime. My parents have been there since Thursday and are moving into their permanent apartment tomorrow. My folks are loving them, and my father -- who’s got a measure of dementia -- has already commented repeatedly about how good they are. They are extremely accommodating. My mom and dad were used to eating something for breakfast, so they went down one day for breakfast and asked if they could have it. They said you sure can and made it for them. None of the other places will do that, but very small set menu and set eating times, and if you missed the eating time you were out of lack.

November 01, 2016

By Cynthia230633

I live up the street from The Arbors at Port Warwick. I visited someone there plus I’ve gone there for meetings. It’s a high end place. It’s a very nice facility, and it’s not cheap either. The living and the location is very nice. They have many things for people to do. They have a nice workout facility. They have dinners, lunches, and a place for people to come and visit for lunch. They also have a bus that takes them to different places. It’s right in the center of everything. They can go shopping right in there.

July 02, 2014

The Arbors was more money that I wanted to spend, but it was very, very nice because that's a very expensive area. The staff was very, very pleasant and very helpful. They have a dining room, and that's one of the things I didn't like about it. I tend to make something and eat it for the next 4 days. I am diabetic, so I eat 4 or 5 meals a day. I didn't like the central dining room concept. It didn't work for me. They had real nice activities. They had bingo; they had pool. They had all kinds of stuff. They had a book club. I like that they allow pets because I have my dog, and secondly, I like the idea that they have flexible meals. You can actually go down at 11 o'clock at night and get a snack.

Costs for The Arbors at Port Warwick

Photos of The Arbors at Port Warwick

Services and Amenities of The Arbors at Port Warwick

• Companion Suites: We Do Offer Companion Suites

About The Arbors at Port Warwick

Start a New Life When You Move to The Arbors

Life in Port Warwick means spending the afternoon's window-shopping specialty stores, browsing the ceramics studio around the corner or having your hair done across the street. And let’s not forget about the food: both in The Arbors’ comfortable dining room as well as the exciting, award-winning restaurants of Port Warwick just a few steps away. Then take a stroll over into your front yard, Styron Square, and enjoy front row center seats at concerts and special events. If you are looking for yourself or for loved ones, we are a perfect place for Couples, a place for Mom and a place for Dad. The Arbors is truly one of the finest senior living communities in the area.

So leave the worries and woes of home ownership behind. Move into one of our charming, senior apartments in the Peninsula’s most elegant independent living residence for active seniors. Without paying entrance fees or making costly commitments – you simply rent your apartment. You’ll find that Port Warwick is full of life. So come for a visit, then go home and start packing.

Living Features

• Spacious studio, one and two bedroom apartment floor plans with exterior views
  • All electric, full-sized kitchen including dishwasher, range, refrigerator, and garbage disposal
  • Full baths designed for ease, safety and security
  • Personal laundry washer and dryer in each apartment
  • Wall-to-wall carpet
  • Emergency response system for summoning assistance in an emergency
  • Full sprinkler accommodations
  • Smoke and fire detection devices in each apartment

Service Amenities

• Weekly housekeeping
  • Weekly flat linen laundry service
  • Beautiful full-service dining room and a casual café for informal dining
  • Family dining room for special occasions and catering services for private functions
  • Scheduled personal transportation
  • Two vehicles provided for group and private transportation
  • Fitness Suite with a variety of programs to promote wellness
  • Activity studios and regularly scheduled activities and entertainments
  • Library
  • 24 Hour professional staff/walk-out, walk-in services
  • The Arbors’ Concierge services for activities and appointments
  • Pharmacy deliveries available
  • Locally owned and operated
  • General assistance with errands and chores to make life easier
  • Priority long- or short-term convalescent and rehabilitation care at any Virginia Health Services facility
  • Our locations for Continuum of Care servicesIndividual controlled heating and air conditioning
  • Cable television outlets for hook-up in each bedroom, and living room,computer and telephone hook-ups
  • Electricity/Water/Sanitation services included in the monthly fee
  • Professional landscaper and home maintenance personnel

Residents at The Arbors enjoy contemporary, maintenance-free apartment living coupled with support services and personal assistance, should they be needed. Our senior living secure apartments are staffed by professionals, and offer a choice of such services as housekeeping, dining, and transportation, which can be individualized as preferred. Everything at The Arbors is designed to make your life easier. After all, retirement should be a reward!

Map of The Arbors at Port Warwick