St Francis Nursing Center

Reviews of St Francis Nursing Center

Nursing Home Reviews for St Francis Nursing Center

January 25, 2016

By Willowtr

Do not send your loved one here. My mother was a resident for about a week, In that week, we saw all we needed to see. On the weekends, it is understaffed. Why on earth do they think elderly and/or sick residents do not require as much help on the weekends? A neighbor next door to my mother was an elderly man who needed help. He yelled for help for 20 minutes one Saturday. I left my mom to see what was wrong. He had fallen halfway off the bed and I could not get him back on myself. I searched for someone and couldn't find anyone for several minutes. There was not one staff member in sight. That is extremely worrisome. The staff who change the sheets are mean. They were very cold to my mother and I noticed some of them wear their name tags turned around so that you can't see their names. I do not buy that the name tags accidentally turned around. They were always turned around. There is a hearing impaired nurse. Why on earth would you employ a hearing impaired nurse in a nursing home?! Elderly already can't speak loudly. She could never hear me or my mom, and that made me worry when we were not there. Staff has communication issues. Any time we were assured something, it don't materialize and there was always someone who failed to communicate properly in the chain of events. It was frustrating,

September 29, 2015

St. Francis Nursing Center is excellent. My daughter's room is very nice. She has her bed, her television, and anything that she needs. The dining area is very nice. It is well kept. I would recommend it to anyone who qualifies for it.

About St Francis Nursing Center

St Francis Nursing Center is a senior living provider in Newport News, Virginia that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact St Francis Nursing Center for more details on services and rates.

Map of St Francis Nursing Center