Brookdale Midlothian

Reviews of Brookdale Midlothian

Assisted Living Reviews for Brookdale Midlothian

March 28, 2013

By GailM

My Mom has been a resident of Southerland Place for over three years. She and I both think of it as her home. The staff is wonderful - very attentive and nuturing. Since it is not a large facility, there is a lot of individuall attention given to the residents. Mom especially loves the "lunch dates" each Monday. The meals are equivalent to a fine restaurant with multiple choices available. The chef is especially talented on his desserts, which are to die for! I would definitely recommend Southerland Place for a "home-like" assisted living facility.

March 16, 2013

By ckhokie

My mother currently resides at Southerland Place. I have been very pleased with the care that my mother has been receiving. The caregivers have been excellent and I truly believe that each one of them love my mother as their own. There has been great communication between the staff and my family on the care plan and any changes that they see in my mom. My mother fell one night and she told me that they quickly came to her call for help. After they had checked her vitals and made sure that there were no issues, the nurse called me at 12:30 am to tell me what had happened. Even though it was late, I was impressed that they called me to let me know what was going on. Management has an open door policy and is very accessible. I also like that they are always having activities that gives the families a chance to have fun with their loved one. The week before Thanksgiving they invited all of the families to come to a Thanksgiving feast and there was close to 200 people that attended. It was a full Thanksgiving dinner with all of the traditional foods and they had live entertainment. Everyone had a wonderful time! Also the food has been excellent each time I have eating with her and at the parties. It is a tough decision on placing a loved one in an assisted living facility, but I am truly please with my decision of the Southerland Place.

Services and Amenities of Brookdale Midlothian

• Nurse On Staff: Onsite 24/7

About Brookdale Midlothian

Brookdale Midlothian provides our residents with lifestyles, housing, and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale's signature Personalized Assisted Living we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each assisted living and Alzheimer's care resident the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the proper lifestyle and care accommodations as their needs change.

Map of Brookdale Midlothian