The Potomac House
Offers Assisted Living
Costs for The Potomac House
Services and Amenities of The Potomac House
Room and housing options
- Companion Suites: We Do Offer Companion Suites
- Housing Extra: Private And Semi Private Rooms With Private Or Jack And Jill Bathrooms.
- Pets: Small Pets Allowed
- State Licenses: Pending
About The Potomac House
The Potomac House is a residential home licensed to provide assisted living. We are located in a beautiful and quiet neighborhood on the border of Arlington and McLean near Glebe Road. We are located less than one mile from the Potomac River, the Chain Bridge, and Washington, D.C. We are approximately three miles from Sibley Hospital and Arlington Hospital.
Assisted Living at Potomac House
We have an experienced staff who provide 24-hour care and assistance to each resident. We are dedicated to encouraging each resident to maintain a level of independence that is important to them. Our staff provide daily meals, snacks, house-keeping, trash and laundry services, medication assistance, and assistance with daily activities.
Residents of larger assisted living facilities tend to get "lost in the shuffle". At Potomac House, we have a maximum capacity of eight residents. Therefore, our staff will get to know everything about your loved one ensuring your loved one receives individualized care and personal attention. Potomac House is an all-inclusive community providing housing and assisted living level of care that is designed for seniors who need assistance with day-to-day activities such as meal preparation, medication management, personal assistance, housekeeping, and other activities of daily living that become challenging as you age.
- Option to participate in a house-call based primary medical care service provided by the INOVA Geriatrics Integrative Care Service. This means your loved one's primary care provider will come to him or her instead of trying to schedule transportation to and from the doctor's office.
- Meal plans prepared by a certified dietician.
- Medication reconciliation prepared by a pharmacist and supervised by our professional medication technicians.
- Yummy (and sometimes nutritious) afternoon snacks.
- Private bedrooms with private and semi-private -bathrooms.
- Hospice services.
- Meals celebrating the various holidays and seasons.
- Respite services providing a short-term stay to assist your loved in in a time of transition
What Makes Us Special
Potomac House is a bi-level home built in 1963. The home has a natural gas-powered generator that automatically turns on and supplies the home during power outages. Potomac House also has an elevator to assist residents between the first and second floors.