CARRIAGE HEALTH AND REHAB CENTER

Reviews of CARRIAGE HEALTH AND REHAB CENTER

Nursing Home Reviews for CARRIAGE HEALTH AND REHAB CENTER

July 27, 2016

By CS231731

I’ve had a tour of Carriage Hill Health and Rehab Center, and met some of the staff. We’re very happy with what we saw and actually my husband is on a waiting list there. I would feel comfortable putting him in long-term care there. The room size is adequate. It’s a brighter, more welcoming facility than some of them. I only met a limited number of staff members and had a tour, but it’s enough that we do definitely feel comfortable having him on a waiting list there. I saw a calendar of activities posted but it was just a walk through tour, so I don’t really know. There definitely were activities. They had a very large room in the center of the wing with oversized, comfortable-looking couches and chairs and a big-screen TV. I know there was a bookshelf in that area, and a separate dining area, which was very nice. It was bright and cheerful and appeared to be more than adequate, but I only was on a walking tour.

January 30, 2015

By Don't choose this place!

I had to give one star, only way I could post my review and Carriage Hill doesn't deserve this one star. My family member was recently in Carriage Hill. I reported to staff important issues about his/her condition/risks and they were ignored, causing my family member to fall and be injured. I also reported serious conditions with his health and once again nothing was done, causing my family member to be admitted to hospital with serious conditions on numerous occasions. I spoke to the administrator, the nutritionist and the social worker about my concerns...and nothing was ever done. Please do not use this facility if you really care about your family member. On another note, after reviewing their medical records there, none of my serious concerns I reported to them were ever documented, but of course they documented only the non-serious ones to cover themselves. Family member would ring bell for assistance, and calls went unanswered, or staff would show up 45 mins. to an hour later (often times it was too late). The only caring staff at this place is their therapy team. If your family member requires a specific diet, they will not get it. They will be served the same as everyone else in the place (nutritionist will tell you they are or try to convince you that the specific diet ordered by a physician from hospital is not necessary). This place needs to be shutdown quick!

November 24, 2014

By smithmc

My father was admitted from the hospital for physical rehab on a weekend. When I arrived, I had to walk up and down the halls just to find someone to tell me where he was - no one at the front desk, no one at the nurses' station, no staff in sight anywhere!. Nobody paid attention to his pain level and the fact that he could not get to the bathroom until he finally demanded to be taken to the hospital emergency room. (Where he was immediately re-admitted for a 10 day stay.) When I returned Monday to pick up his clothes and other belongings, I still had to roam around to find someone to get his things. In hindsight, I'm glad we had a reason to leave this facility, but I wish the departure hadn't involved unmanaged pain.

June 13, 2014

By WSMITH

This nursing home is allways of short of help,the nurse spent more time on the cell phone then passed meds.My mom waited four hours to get her pain,I watch her on the phone, talking about what she will do this weekend .I told my concerns to the Administrator(John) it did not mean anytthing.The Cnas' were great Monigue,Yolanda,Sharon,Teresa,and Betty.THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR HELP.

August 06, 2013

By Horrible place/close it down

This place will be shut down shortly. I concur that there is no leadership nor caring, nor medical care provided. Family member was kept there, without ability to visit, in lockdown unit even after expert said to move to other unit. Continued to double charge, refuse to call family members, refuse medication, and refuse actual medical care. Called 911 and got family member out!!!! Do not use them, you will be so sorry, it is hellish.

May 21, 2013

By godson1

This facility should be CLOSED they run it ike a third world field hospital. they didn't bring water for three hours... When i arrived and complained they came down with a styrofoam cup and got water from the faucet once i arrived and demanded it. The food looked like vomit and the place smelled like a dog pen.

November 07, 2012

By JMRM

I was very pleased when my Great Grandmother was residing at Carriage Hill. They staff were very caring. She was attended to VERY well. I was also very pleased with the comfortability of the facility and how the residents AND the family of the residents were treated.

August 20, 2012

By playsinpaint1

I work as a medical courier and visit nursing homes all around the Fredericksburg area to pick up specimen. I visit Carriage Hill about once a week and I have never looked forward to it. The nursing staff is very rude, often shouting at patients and ignoring those calling for help. I often enter to find an employee setting at the nurses desk with 4-5 patients around them all asking for assistance as the nurse texts on their phones. Other than that the smell is pretty horrible, the further back you go in this establishment, the worse it gets - The air is thick and hard to breath. Recently Carriage Hill was determined to be the worst facility of it's kind in Fredericksburg, and from a first hand experience I can see why.

July 10, 2012

By XVFCC1

I have nothing good to say about this facility. My father was transferred there from the hospital after a fall and head injury. He was very unstable on his feet and the staff provided no supervision over him. We had to hire outside "sitters" to be with him to prevent him from falling and reinjuring himself. The nursing and administrative staff acted like his care was our problem and we would have to figure out how to care for him, even if it meant going bankrupt in the process due to having to hire outside caregivers to come and sit with him. The only staff that showed any care or concern for my father was the physical and occupational therapy staff. They were professional and courteous and tried their best to assist us, but without much success. When my father's condition took a turn for the worse, the staff were of no help. They did not contact a doctor and left it to us to make the decision to have an ambulance called and have him readmitted to the hospital. The only reason I give this facility one star is because there was not a selection for zero stars. Avoid this facility if you can.

September 29, 2011

By NickiSigns

Carriage Hill Rehab and Nursing home is a premier nursing home facility in Fredericksburg, Virginia. The skill of the nursing staff is superabe. The nurses treat each and every patient like they are their own family members. They also have the clinical knowledge to keep their patients in optimum health. One thing that sets apart Carriage Hill Rehab and Nursing is that the staff visits with each patient very regularly. The patients that are not mobile, they take the time to check on frequently to make sure that their needs are met. They also have physical and occupational therapists to treat patients as needed. They have a wonderful physician on call who takes care of the needs of the patients; and, when necessary, they have a relationship with local hospitals to admit patients if necessary. Other notable things include planned activities and games for the residents, a very clean facility, and a convenient location. The food that they serve leaves something to be desired; however, they do make sure to provide nutritious meals and adhere to any dietary restrictions. Above all I would recommend Carriage Hill Rehab and Nursing facility to anyone in need a great facility in the Fredericksburg, VA area.

About CARRIAGE HEALTH AND REHAB CENTER

CARRIAGE HEALTH AND REHAB CENTER is a senior living provider in Fredericksburg, Virginia that offers residents Nursing Homes and Nursing Homes. Contact CARRIAGE HEALTH AND REHAB CENTER for more details on services and rates.

Map of CARRIAGE HEALTH AND REHAB CENTER