Sunrise of Fairfax

Reviews of Sunrise of Fairfax

Assisted Living Reviews for Sunrise of Fairfax

June 20, 2012

By SarahB1

This is one location of a chain of assisted living facilities. Overall, I thought it was clean and seemed like a homey , pleasant place to live. There was nice furniture in the shared spaces, such as the cafeteria, meeting rooms, living rooms, and other spaces. The interior was well kept. There was nice staff. They were courteous and well-dressed. There was minimal noise in most areas. Some of the rooms we walked by had loud patients talking, but I think that would be expected with the elderly who often have hearing problems, or with patient with Alzheimer's or dementia. There was a weird smell in one of the hallways. Maybe it was something you would get used to if you lived there or was there more often. The grounds were very pretty. They had nice landscaped gardens and places to sit outside. There was also plenty of parking for visitors.

May 02, 2012

By Gr8F8D8

I have nothing negative to say about my experience at Sunrise when I visited. From the start, every person I had encountered, be them resident or staff, had something friendly to say to me. From what I saw on the tour, the facility was very clean and well maintained. The residents that we're out and about, seemed to be enjoying themselves with a variety of stimulating activities. To an extent, I was almost jealous that I couldn't stay. But I digress, the Sunrise assisted living facility could possibly be my family members next place of residency and I would have no qualms about that. I spoke with a few of the staff there ,and they seemed to not only enjoy their job and what service they provided for their residents, but the residents there seemed to enjoy every member of the staff. If you are looking for a clean, friendly, facility, Sunrise Senior Living is the place to go.

December 13, 2011

By Usasailor7

When I visited I was impressed with Sunrise Assisted Living of Fairfax, Virginia. I thought the facility was designed well to provide a comfortable lifestyle. I was able to observe and speak with residents and they all expressed that they were pleased with the level of care provided. Many of them also stated that they enjoyed living there because of the community and employees. I had the opportunity to speak with several staff members all of whom seemed to be happy with their jobs. I think that having and keeping happy employees is important because happy employees do better work than those that are unhappy. I think that they also provide a higher level of care. After speaking to residents and employees I quietly observed interactions between the residents and staff members. I saw firsthand that the resident's questions and comments were always addressed and that they were addressed in a respectful manner. I was really pleased and impressed by this and think that this facility provides an excellent level of care to it's residents.

Photos of Sunrise of Fairfax

Services and Amenities of Sunrise of Fairfax

• Nurse On Staff: Available During Business Hours

• Pets: Small Pets

About Sunrise of Fairfax

Located just minutes from the 495 beltway, Route 66, Vienna and Fairfax Circle, Sunrise of Fairfax is conveniently located on a 7-1/2 acre campus with Merritt Academy, a private day school for pre-kindergarten through 8th grade students. We are also adjacent to the beautiful Accotink nature trail. We pride ourselves in our intergenerational programs with Merritt Academy, which encourage seniors and children to interact on a regular basis.

Step into a Sunrise Assisted Living community and you can?t help but feel at home. We stop at nothing to make your experience warm and inviting, from our homelike exterior architecture, to our comfortable community areas and choice of suites to our exceptional outdoor gardens and landscaping. Look around and you?ll notice fresh flowers throughout the residence, and you may even spot our dog or our cat. And of course, there are always the friendly smiling faces of our staff to ensure that each day spent here is a welcome one.

Map of Sunrise of Fairfax