Lighthouse Pointe

Reviews of Lighthouse Pointe

Independent Living Reviews for Lighthouse Pointe

June 21, 2021

By Pamela

I didn't see anything I did not like at Lighthouse Pointe. I had signed up with them even that first day after the tour and then things took a real different turn pretty quickly. I loved everything about it, the location, the grounds were just gorgeous, the apartments were nice, and the balconies. I met some of the residents while I was there. My mother-in-law would be living there now if things hadn't changed. I thought it was wonderful. Some places although very nice had more of an industrial look and the Lighthouse Pointe looked very homey and I liked it. I think she would've loved living there. They had balconies out over the courtyard. Everything was just very nice. The staff was very nice. My mother-in-law couldn't be with me that day, so they sent food to her home. They gave me a meal for myself and her that I was able to bring home for her. We had dessert and the chef came out to find out what she liked and what I would like and customized the meal, I'm sure, based on what he had on the menu that day, but it was very nice.

June 20, 2021

By Frank

Lighthouse Pointe is in a nice location, and it was mostly quiet. The person that gave the tour was OK. We had an appointment, but I think the person that I was supposed to meet was not there for whatever reason. The person I met might not have been assigned to me because she acted a little flustered. I was a little frustrated with that because I made the appointment a week ago. I think they're a little shortsighted to not have at least one wheelchair to roll a person around or even a stroller. I know it's not their job to provide the equipment, but it just seemed kind of shortsighted if you're trying to sell these places. Someone could come in and need that stuff. They didn't have it, so it was a turn-off.

Hi Frank, thank you for taking the time to rate and review our community. We apologize for any miscommunication or misunderstanding that may have occurred during your visit. We hope to get a second chance to show you how great our leadership is. Thank you

June 18, 2021

By Bethany

Lighthouse Pointe was a good facility. They offered a lot of things with the members, a lot of activities, and outings. The staff took us around and showed us multiple rooms for options, the activity rooms, and the schedule of events. Everything was really consolidated. You can get to everything with no issues. There is a lot of space. It's kind of spaced out, so there's a lot of moving room.

March 06, 2021

By Laverne

Lighthouse Pointe is a beautiful place. They come across as being very organized, very friendly, very clean, and they encourage a good variety of social activities. They offer a good amount of security and safety, they have pull lines in the bathrooms, and the rooms are of a pretty good size, too. They also have studios, one-bedrooms and two-bedrooms. They are located off of Great Bridge Boulevard, so there is not as much traffic as there used to be. They are way back up the actual street itself and kind of sit in a cul-de-sac with a really nice wooded area, so it is a really nice, secure environment. I was with a particular women's organization, and we used to always meet in their activity room. We got to talking with some of the staff, and they gave me a tour. As a matter of fact, I just spoke with them not too long ago, and they were encouraging me to come out and take another tour. They used to bring us nice little snacks for our meeting, which was very sweet of them, and everything I had there was very good. The staff members were very friendly, very patient, and very kind.

August 26, 2020

By KSDM

The staff members have always been very courteous,, understanding and helpful. They are always polite and respectful regarding the difficulties my mother endures due to her age. I appreciate their thoughtfulness.

March 31, 2020

By Tom Evans

The facility is absolutely beautiful and the staff is very friendly and thoughtful. It is a place I hope to be able to call my new home soon. It has everything a person would hope for and then some.

Hi Tom, thank you for sharing this wonderful feedback on our community. We would love to have you here with us and hope to see you again soon! Please feel free to reach out to our community directly if you have any questions at all about making Lighthouse Pointe your new home.

October 11, 2019

By Marta2627

Lighthouse Pointe is wonderful! My apartment is beautiful, I look out on the back, it is so peaceful. The staff is always friendly and helpful. They are very caring,SO many things to do, I just don't always take part, but if I did there is lots to choose from! I would highly recommend it here!

April 23, 2019

By Diane

I liked Lighthouse Pointe. liked the size of the apartments, but I didn’t like that it included three meals. I don’t think you should include three meals in your rent. The tour was good, they have field trips, and there's a Walmart that they can take us to. The person who showed us around was good.

April 19, 2019

By Terrie

Lighthouse Pointe was very nice and well kept. The people were wonderful. I spoke with some of the residents who seemed very happy there and with the food. The disadvantage to that is that if my mother needed help later, it's not something that they offer. We would have to move her from there, but it was affordable, and that probably would have been our first choice.

June 19, 2018

By Steven

Lighthouse Pointe's staff was very pushy. I felt very rushed and wouldn't recommend it to anybody. They didn't have any apartments to show. The food was good, but the reading, relaxation and exercise areas were not comparable. They had an EMT on call and tried to maintain the facility to make it comfortable.

Hi Steven, thank you for taking the time to visit Lighthouse Pointe and provide us with feedback on your experience. We are always looking for ways to improve and feedback like yours helps us do that. We would like the opportunity to find out how we can better assist you in the future. If you are willing, please contact us.

April 11, 2017

By Ben454557

Lighthouse Pointe was nice and well maintained. We were escorted by a management-type person who was very friendly and informative. There weren't any activities going on at the time. The dining area was very bright and cheerful. We did not taste the food, but they seemed to have a good menu.

January 30, 2017

By Kenneth735135

Lighthouse is a clean, well-organized, and really nice place. They have therapists and people to support you. The price was reasonable, and the staff was outstanding. My father had a little studio apartment with a bedroom, living area, bathroom, and kitchen. He is really pleased with the food and activities for the seniors.

August 18, 2016

By John048282

The staff at Lighthouse Pointe was helpful, friendly, and answered every questions we had. The room was small but adequate. Overall, they were good.

July 27, 2016

By Diane587117

We are very happy with my father being at Lighthouse Pointe. It’s beautifully decorated and has a gorgeous dining area. They have a library, a game room with pool tables, and a bus that takes the residents to the local malls and doctors' appointments if their family can’t do so. We are very happy, but they are not assisted living and don’t have medical services when he gets to a point where he might need help with his meds or other things.

June 10, 2016

By Charles461611

Lighthouse Pointe was very nice, and I was impressed. The staff was very courteous, and professional. I saw a community room, the 1- and 2-bedroom units, and the library. Everything I saw was very well-kept, but I did not see a swimming pool. The apartments were spacious. One thing I didn't like is you cannot cook your own food in the apartment because all the meals are provided, and included in the cost. The dining area was very neat. It smelled good, but I did not taste the food.

By JackieQEPDF

My grandmother lives at the Lighthouse Pointe, a great independent living facility that does not offer much assisted living. They provide a lot of activities for the residents. The food is amazing, which is the highlight of the community. They keep it all well updated and have a lot of live musicians come in for mini concerts. It’s a very lovely community and very affordable, but the only downside is that they only have one elevator and it has three floors.

By JuanitaZWMQS

I visited Lighthouse Pointe for my dad. It was a wonderful location, but it will not work for him because he needs more care than they can provide. The staff was very friendly and very professional. The room was clean, nice, and had new furnishings. The atmosphere was awesome, but it won’t work for my dad.

By Caring daughterCREPA

Lighthouse Pointe was great. The people were very accommodating, and I didn’t even call ahead. I liked the rooms. They had adequate closet space, which is good.

April 23, 2016

By Dorothy127338250

I liked everything about Lighthouse Pointe. It was a bright, cheery, nice place. Everybody was nice, and the staff was wonderful. It was the brightness and cheerfulness of the place that impressed me.

February 21, 2016

By Robert116092950

I visited Lighthouse Point. The staff was very friendly. The place was very well lit and had nice accommodations. Of all the three places I visited, this was the best one. I was satisfied. Every room had a very nice balcony.

July 28, 2015

By Susan110983850

Lighthouse Pointe was beautiful. If I were 20 years older, I would have no problem going in because the average age was 80. I loved the place. I had a tour. The dining room was humongous. It was out in the open and not closed in. Anybody could sit at the table; it was not restricted, and it was pretty cool. They had activities, and they also had the holidays. They were the ones that said you could stay in one of their properties for vacation, which I thought was very cool. The rooms were in nice sizes. I was looking at the two-bedroom, and I thought it was a good size bedroom. The staff was very friendly. They knew everybody's name, which was always a plus. They answer all the questions, if you had questions for them.

May 24, 2015

By Cheryl106622750

A friend lived in Lighthouse Pointe, and it was a very upscale retirement community. It was lovely, but expensive. It's full service -- three meals a day, dining room service, all kinds of activities, and housekeeping. The staff were very friendly, very professional, and very helpful.

February 09, 2015

By Althea1

My visit to Lighthouse Pointe was great. The staff was friendly. I even have an extended friendship with one of the ladies that took us around. She was just sweet, and we kind of bonded. The place was very ornate, very open, and I loved it. I loved the elevators and the arena type setup where you can see downstairs from the balcony. The food was wonderful, and the service was great. While we were there, someone started playing the piano, a lot of the seniors started singing, and it was a very friendly atmosphere. They were active seniors. We walked into a chair aerobics class that was going on. It was very relaxed, and it was a very beautiful facility. I did like it, but it is totally out of our price range.

April 29, 2014

Lighthouse was pretty good. The location and the staff were both very good. The residents were also nice to me, and when I left, everybody was saying: "I hope to see you back." I felt good about the way they treated me. The dining room was clean. They had activities.

September 26, 2013

By Carol65372750

It's been five months since I moved in here at Lighthouse and they are just very excellent. The staff are great and I am very happy here.

June 12, 2013

By Ramona H.

I'm staying at Lighthouse Pointe for almost a year now. It's a little bit more than what I want and what I'm accustomed to, but it's really a very nice place. We have a dining room where we have our meals and these are all prepared by the facility. The food is good, it's not my home cooking but it's good. They have many programs and activities scheduled and majority of the residents here are very content, pleased and happy.

Questions about Lighthouse Pointe

Describe the overall population of independent living residents at Lighthouse Pointe. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

What transportation services does Lighthouse Pointe offer to independent living residents?

What makes the chef or dining program at Lighthouse Pointe exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

What safety features or security measures does Lighthouse Pointe offer to independent living residents?

If Lighthouse Pointe accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Does Lighthouse Pointe work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

Costs for Lighthouse Pointe

Photos of Lighthouse Pointe

Services and Amenities of Lighthouse Pointe

• Dining Extra: Private Dining Room, Resident Kitchen

• Hiking Trails
  • Features Extra: Laundry Room For Use, Chapel, Library, Locked Mailboxes, Elevator

• Technology Extra: Business Center, Wi Fi In Common Areas

• Activities Extra: Billiard Lounge, Game Room, Activity Room

• Pets: Most Pets Allowed

About Lighthouse Pointe

Lighthouse Pointe is located in Chesapeake, VA, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

So come to Lighthouse Pointe for a visit...and stay!

Map of Lighthouse Pointe