Chesapeake Place

1508 Volvo Parkway, Chesapeake, VA 23320
Chesapeake Place (800) 385-2527
PROMOTION! 19 days

Call now to schedule a tour and to learn about our promotions off base rent for July.

Reviews of Chesapeake Place

Assisted Living Reviews for Chesapeake Place

May 29, 2016

By Aixa110045

Chesapeake Place looked OK. They were doing some remodeling. A staff member showed me the place, but when we came back, he didn’t ask me questions, just gave me a package. He didn’t show interest in us going there and didn’t spend a lot of time with us. The rooms were small, especially the one that was supposed to be best. It was not that impressive. What really turned me off was the guy in the office. When you have an appointment with someone, you would sell that place and give as much information as you can while showing excitement.

December 20, 2015

By Dina6

If I had to choose a place for my mom, I would pick Chesapeake Place. It's a very clean place. They had a recreation place. The food smelled wonderful, although I don’t know how it tastes. If I had to choose a place, I would go there.

July 31, 2015

By Phil17

At Chesapeake Place, the staff knew everybody. There were lots of activities. They were not as up-to-date as the other facility, but they have very nice rooms and lots of activities. I think they did wonderful work with the facility. It was warm and inviting. It was very nice. There have as many as activities as the other facility, and they also have a van that takes folks to do outside activities. However, I think the building needs to be updated.

July 14, 2015

I did go to visit a friend at Chesapeake Place, so I looked it over just as a guest there, but not to take a tour. It was clean all the way -- everything I saw was clean -- and the people were friendly to me as I was trying to find my way around there. I have heard that the food is not good; there have been a lot of problems with the food. The rooms were nice, it was a nice size, and the people were putting her pictures on the wall for her, so it was homey. I was in two or three rooms because she wanted me to meet some of her friends, and they all seemed nice. I guess everybody has their own furniture in the rooms, so each one was different. I didn’t have to sign in -- which when I go to visit some other places in my neighborhood I would have to sign in and sign out, but I didn't there. She did sign out when we left for lunch, and then she signed in when she came back. It had no smell at all -- just like you were going to an apartment building anywhere. I heard from her that one of her friends plays the piano on a regular basis in the evening. They are all quite proud of her because she is nearly 100 and still playing the piano and singing. And I suppose they play Bingo and do things like that, but my friend is not interested in that kind of thing, so she doesn't get involved. I will consider this place for myself, and the reason is because you can handle your own medication. I get my medication free from my insurance, and you can do that, whereas in some places, you have to get your medication through them. I wasn't aware of that, but that makes a big difference because medication can get quite expensive.

November 03, 2014

My experience at Chesapeake was very good. The staff was very nice, informative, and helpful; I was very impressed with everyone I met there. The rooms were very clean and spacious. It is not as old as the other facility I went to, and the residents all seemed very content, they had a lot of interaction and seemed to be very happy.

October 09, 2013

By Kimberly6

Chesapeake Place is such a fantastic facility. Mom is in a semi-private room and it's still a 100 plus bucks over how much she gets a month. I've talked with my sister and we might have to just chip in for that because they're just so excellent. My mother and another woman have to room together. The room is really too small for two people but neither one of them could afford the smallest private room. The service is excellent and the people are fantastic. I would highly recommend Chesapeake Place to anybody.

Photos of Chesapeake Place

Services and Amenities of Chesapeake Place

Types of care

• Walking Wheelchair Assistance

About Chesapeake Place

Escape to Chesapeake Place and discover a community where residents come first and their needs are met 24 hours a day. We offer Assisted Living and Memory Care services in Chesapeake, Virginia, and our talented staff members create an atmosphere of professionalism and comfort as they help residents find enjoyment and relaxation. Located just minutes from Virginia Beach and the city of Chesapeake, our community strikes the perfect balance between tranquility and excitement. Residents are warmhearted, interesting people who enjoy the freedom of Assisted Living – freedom from the worries and dangers of solitary living and cooking and cleaning in surroundings that are kind and gracious – with the knowledge of knowing someone is always at hand if help is needed. Both our Assisted Living and Memory Care buildings offer residents peace of mind and comfort with our safety features and sought-after amenities. Besides our exceptional onsite recreation and entertainment programming, our residents are also just minutes away from offsite fun with great shopping, dining, and entertainment destinations.

Map of Chesapeake Place