Capital Hill Senior Living

Reviews of Capital Hill Senior Living

Assisted Living Reviews for Capital Hill Senior Living

October 31, 2016

By Dave G

My mother was on the 4th floor for a short time for rehab after surgery. Cory, the physical therapist, was exceptional and crucial to my mom's recovery. Excelltent therapy!

December 28, 2015

By Michael117945950

I like that Brookdale Salt Lake City has multiple sizes of rooms, but they don’t have a room available on the first floor, which is what I wanted for my mom. This facility is an option, but it is a pretty large community and has multiple floors, which I think might not be the best fit for my mom.

September 29, 2015

By Lynn111718750

Brookdale Salt Lake City was nice. It was an older building, but it had been remodeled. It did not seem quite as nice as some of the others. It was a little more expensive.

August 31, 2015

By Kal K.

Brookdale Salt Lake City is in the avenue that is a nice area but not quite as convenient for parking and what-not, but it still looked nice. The staff was outstanding. They were great.

August 09, 2015

By Lizzy2

We did find a place for my husband. It is now called Brookdale, but it was called Emeritus. However, the first whole week, I found myself just calling the staff, the director, and everything because they were not doing a good job. As it turned out, my husband got very bad bacteria in his blood stream that he had to be admitted to the hospital exactly a week after he was there. He was hospitalized for nine days. The facility did look nice, but they're not equipped to take care of someone who needs skilled nursing.

We appreciate you sharing your concerns with us. Please be assured that we are passionately committed to serving our residents and our goal is to provide an individualized plan of care to fit our residents' needs. We would welcome an opportunity to discuss your experience with you and hope you will call us at 877-400-5296.

March 02, 2015

My first impression with Emeritus at Salt Lake City was not good. They were getting ready to go out on a field trip, and then there was a half dozen ladies sitting in wheelchairs. The space seemed dark. They had rooms with exercise equipment in it, and the staff seemed to be very friendly.

February 02, 2015

By marva43

I just needed rehabilitation after hip surgery in December. I stayed a few weeks here and the staff was very nice. The physical therapists were also wonderful. My room had a great view of downtown. Thank you.

July 20, 2014

I was only in one area of the Emeritus at Salt Lake City. I went into their dining room, because the lady that I was visiting was in there at that time. She took me up to her room; it was a very nice room, which was on the medical floor. She was there for rehab for thirty days. As far as I know, she did really well there, and now she is at home doing fine. Their dining room has been updated a bit. It looked very, very nice. She liked it there, and nobody wants to be in rehab, but she liked it there. She didn't have any complaints. What I saw, I was pleased with.

April 22, 2014

By Mary Ann9

Emeritus was old, but it nice. I think they have private rooms. It looked like they were having activities. They were pretty busy there. The thing that I didn't like about it is the 2-story thing. The staff was friendly and nice. The place is clean. I think they're well established. They knew what they were doing.

November 21, 2013

By Dawn11

I thought would have liked Emeritus for my mom, but it just didn't happened to work out because I couldn't bring my mom here. It seemed like it was starting to be a little bit run down. The paint was a little dull, but it was fine. The staff was very friendly and helpful.

October 09, 2013

By Linda70910950

I did not like the person who gave me the tour at Emeritus. She was cold and she didn't interact at all with the residents while we're on the tour. Their prices are outrageous and absolutely ridiculous. The rooms were very nice and spacious. It's opulent but I did not like the attitude and that's what's important to me than the facility itself. I just did not want to put my parents there.

September 26, 2013

By Sunny9

Everything about the Emeritus at Salt Lake City was really wonderful. They took me on a complete guided tour and showed me everything. It was quiet, spacious and the rooms were really well kept. If one client goes, they completely repaint everything. I'd go there myself.

June 12, 2013

My mother-in-law has been in Emeritus since March. The facility is very clean. She has a private room that is sufficient enough for her. The staff are nice and professional. Everything is fine.

October 24, 2012

By Rodger2

It's always tough to come into these kinds of places - just by the nature of it being an assisted living facility, it has a certain aura (anyone who has ever been into one of these would understand.) But, from what I saw, it looked like a nice enough place. I was struck by how clean the place was, and especially how nice and helpful the staff was. The lady at the front is always very very helpful, she knows everyone's name. I have never eaten there so I can't comment on the food. When I was talking to my grandma she said that although she would obviously prefer to be on her own, that isn't really realistic. She likes all the staff and the facilities, which are quite modern. Another plus is that they allow pets up to 20 lbs. Just make sure that when you're talking to the representatives you're clear about your family member's needs, as I heard there was some trouble with miscommunications with some of the residents. The monthly fees are quite high but there sure is a beautiful view of the mountains!

September 12, 2012

By UteFan09

This is a very clean, well-kept facility. It feels fresh and new inside. The warm paint colors, fireplaces, and seating areas on the main floor make it feel homey. It offers plenty of amenities to residents, including a salon, a library, and a jetted bathtub. Residents can also attend parties and religious services at the facility, as well as go on "field trips" to restaurants and other places. Every time I am visiting here and walk past the dining room to go upstairs, the food actually smells good. The staff seems knowledgeable, friendly, and helpful, although my grandmother has sometimes had trouble getting someone to come and help her use the bathroom. The monthly fees also turned out to be quite a bit higher than our family was initially led to believe. All in all, however, this facility has a pleasant ambiance. It is in a good location and even offers great views of the University of Utah and the mountains!

December 17, 2011

By Avoidthisplace

My father stayed at Emertius for several months. The level of care sold to our family was never realized. We had trouble with him getting the correct medicine (even though this service is an extra charge), showering regularly, shaving regularly, and what finally ended our dealings with them was the staff left him in his room after witnessing his shaking and high fever. There staff is insufficient and for the most part incapable. PLEASE AVOID THIS PLACE.

October 25, 2011

By Disappointed2

Staff are very friendly and the facility is quite attractive, but feel that the level of care was misrepresented. We were told that my mother would receive dressing in the morning and be cued and accompanied to activities, since she is unable to remember to do these things by herself any longer. This is not happening. There do not seem to be enough staff to provide the services quoted to us. When the shower aide did not show up one day, there was no one on call to provide a shower. We did not expect this for a very high end facility that is charging a lot of money for monthly care.

August 04, 2011

By kittylover

Emeritus senior living is probably the best assisted living in Salt Lake city, UT. The availability of special care for senior citizens with Alzheimer's and Dementia in this establishment is noteworthy due to the number of skilled professional nurses in staff who are present on duty for 24-hours. My aunt who suffers from dementia had been living at Emeritus since 2009 and I visit her once in a month, and I could tell she gets good care from the staff at Emeritus. Also, the facility allows pets, only that the pets need to be under 20 pounds. The staff at Emeritus are like family members to the residents and they frequently have fun activities for residents and neighbors. The location of the facility is another good thing about Emeritus, everything, from grocery stores, and library to special care hospital that one would need is within 5-10 minutes walking distance of Emeritus. I'm satisfied with the service they have provided for my Aunt.

June 24, 2011

By anonymous44

I know a resident in this facility who has only recently been widowed. It's been a hard process, and even more difficult for her family to get her to accept living in an assisted living facility. She's fiercely independent although she no longer has the physical capability to realize that independence. The best part of her move to this facility, I believe, is the friendship suite. although leary at first about sharing her apartment and having a roommate, she's definitely gotten on board. Her roommate has quickly become her best friend. Not only is she now more sociable, but her family has told me that she's learned to manage her grief and she's no longer so lonely. The community in this facility have definitely helped her continue on with her life, and her roommate has helped her deal with her loss. It's been a blessing to her, and especially a relief to her loved ones knowing she's happy.

Costs for Capital Hill Senior Living

Photos of Capital Hill Senior Living

Services and Amenities of Capital Hill Senior Living

• Fee Structure Extra: Mc Is All Inclusive/Al Is Rent + Care/$1500 Community Fee

• Companion Suites: We Do Not Offer Companion Suites

About Capital Hill Senior Living

Our philosophy of service at Capital Hill Senior Living encourages an active and free senior lifestyle that supports residents' privacy and dignity. Our community environment is rich in daily activities, with all day restaurant-style dining, graciously appointed interiors and apartment styles.

Our trained staff and friendly environment are perfect for you or a loved one with additional needs. Put your trust in us and live worry free.

We are committed to offering the highest quality care to those with memory impairment. Our staff is specially trained in the challenges of Alzheimer’s and dementia, and are here to help serve our residents and their families.

Capital Hill Senior Living offers premier retirement living options to seniors in the greater Salt Lake City, Utah area. Salt Lake City offers an abundance of natural beauty from the snowcapped peaks of the Wasatch and Oquirrh Mountains to the shimmering waters of the Great Salt Lake.

Map of Capital Hill Senior Living