Elmcroft of Lake Wellington

Reviews of Elmcroft of Lake Wellington

Assisted Living Reviews for Elmcroft of Lake Wellington

December 09, 2014

By Deborah47

I like the way Horizon Bay looked, but it really wasn't what my mother needed. The rooms were fine. We haven't experienced Horizon Bay; it looked like a really nice place, but for us, it just wouldn't work for Mom.

April 22, 2014

I visited Horizon Bay, and one thing I liked was the little units were grouped into groups of five or eight with a little sitting room for each one, and so getting acquainted would be a little bit easier, I didn’t think the whole facility would be adequate for my friends because they would like a smaller place, and getting around the facility would be a little difficult for them. The staff were very friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable. I also like the fact that they can go into their dining room at any time to eat. Their dining room is attractive.

April 10, 2012

By Trav

My Grandmother lived here for a couple of years. Her apartment was a nice, small, one bedroom with a living area and kitchen. Her apartment was on the backside of the building and had a lovely view of a small lake, Lake Wellington. She enjoyed watching people play in the lake and watching the ducks. The building was newly built so everything looked clean and new. They had an area for the residents to meet and play games. They had different activities that the residents could join. I do not remember having any problems with the staff. I remember them as all being very nice and helpful. They provided a shuttle bus for all the residents and would schedule times with doctors or shopping trips to help those who could not drive themselves. Overall, I felt good with my grandmother living here. I do not remember having any problems with the facility or the staff and I believe my grandmother enjoyed her time there.

February 06, 2012

By commercesd

We really liked the charming exterior of the outside of the Horizon Bay assisted living facility in Wichita Falls. The location was perfect, given that it was in the southwest area. Lake Wellington is a lovely place to spend a nice day - and we were impressed that they had a gazebo for just that - extending into the lake. The rest of the grounds were very well kept. The pathways also extend into the bay which was very refreshing. Residents may have small pets, which is a nice added bonus. The indoor rooms had plenty of light and fresh air. The colors in each room were nicely decorated and had comfortable furniture. The high ceilings made the building look very spacious, yet still warm. The apartment kitchens were some of the larger ones we've seen and were not at all cramped. Each unit had plenty of space to accommodate visitors and were decorated in a homey way. Each had lots of natural light and fresh air. They offer studios to 2 bedrooms. The lovely dining room resembled a fine restaurant with bay views. The food looked and smelled delicious. The menus feature healthy food options for all diet types. They offer healthy snacks during the day. Communal activity rooms all had comfortable furniture. The residents may easily participate in a number of stimulating activities, from simple socializing, to craft making, playing games, watching films and TV to reading in the nice library. The fitness center featured a variety of exercise equipment and the residents can also enjoy the many pathways and garden areas safely. They offer exercise classes like yoga regularly. The residents go on trips to visit the many local eateries and to participate in many cultural events offered. They also have special and unique programs that include wellness, as well as cultural, social and educational interaction. The residents are encouraged to try many new activities. The seniors here looked very content in this living environment under the care of conscientious, caring and kind staff.

Costs for Elmcroft of Lake Wellington

Photos of Elmcroft of Lake Wellington

Services and Amenities of Elmcroft of Lake Wellington

• Pets: Yes

• State Licenses: License# 307133

About Elmcroft of Lake Wellington

Elmcroft of Lake Wellington is conveniently located on the southwest side of Wichita Falls, close to numerous shopping and restaurant options. Residents enjoy our breathtaking views overlooking Lake Wellington and our gazebo, which extends 300 feet into the lake. Elmcroft of Lake Wellington offers a wide variety of activities and caring, professional staff who ensure residents have opportunities to engage their interests, enjoy homelike comforts and get the attentive, personal care they need to live as independently and safely as possible.

• Coffee Shop