Lakeshore Estates

Reviews of Lakeshore Estates

Independent Living Reviews for Lakeshore Estates

July 08, 2019

By Judy

Our visit at Lakeshore Estates was very nice, and the place also looks nice. Everybody was engaged in the activities that they were doing, and they had lots of facilities. We visited with someone we know. The lady we know has been living there for many years and she's very happy there. The staff was very nice. The lady who gives the tours wasn't around that day, so somebody else who normally doesn't do it took us around and she did a good job. The dining area looked very nice, it was big, and open. I think this community is one of the nicest ones we have in the area.

March 18, 2019

By Mary

Lakeshore Estates seemed very business like. It's a big place and there were a lot of people there. It's nice and the rooms were nice. There were also people wandering all around. They are connected across the United States. If I'll go on a trip and go into one of the cities that has one of their places, I could stay there for free. There's a library and it has computers. They have a garden, but it's almost not usable, so they need to make that better. The facilities were fine. I just didn't get the feeling that this was where I want to live.

Hi Mary, we appreciate you taking the time to leave us feedback. We are sad to see Lakeshore Estates did not meet your expectations. You experience has been shared with local and regional management. If you have any additional comments for us please do not hesitate to reach out to discuss this further.

March 05, 2018

By Sharon

I visited Lakeshore Estates and I thought it was nice. The lady that took us around was very accommodating. She gave the impression that there were a lot of activities going on. However, the exercise place was not large, and the places where you meet were not large. The apartments were OK and good. Overall, it was good.

August 21, 2017

By John

The people at Lakeshore Estates were very friendly and outgoing. The residents were nice and congenial. The rooms were adequate and nice. You had to be there at certain times for your meal. We ate lunch there; the food was good. We sat down with a couple of residents and had a good conversation with them.

November 07, 2016

By Robert276862

Lakeshore Estates was good. The dining area was spacious, and the food was very good. The staff was very helpful. The room was clean. They have 1-bedroom and 2-bedrooms.

August 02, 2016

By Sharon824608

Lakeshore Estates was nice and great. The rooms were nice and well planned out but had an awfully small refrigerator and freezer. There wasn't room in the freezer to put a half gallon of ice cream. They had lots of amenities, like a movie room, crafts room, pool tables, and exercise machines, which is great. I think they're really nice.

May 21, 2016

By DavidXWXKA

Lakeshore Estates was OK when I first came in, but there have been changes in the management causing restlessness among the staff and has caused us to not be staffed to the fullest extent. The food preparation is not quite what it had been. We went about three weeks without housekeeping, and we're supposed to have weekly housekeeping. To me, the staff is OK. They have many games and a bus to take you on trips and to downtown to eat out once a week. There are plenty of activities, but my wife and I go in our own direction most of the time. We have a two-bedroom, two-bath apartment that's adequate for us.

February 15, 2016

By Johnny13

Lakeshore Estates is an expensive facility. But everything is really good at this facility. The people are very nice. The only problem is they increased the rent of our apartment. The room size is really big.

November 09, 2015

By GW1

My mother has been in Lakeshore Estates since June, and it all seems to be working quite well. They met our needs and timeframe. The staff is very friendly and helpful. She lives in an efficiency and is pretty much confined to the apartment. She has mobility problems, but whatever she needs, they provide it.

September 07, 2015

By Russell12

I would like to move to Lakeshore Estates. It was a five-star facility. The rooms were spacious and incredible. The food was spectacular. It was like going to a restaurant. They had their own bus that will take people to the store, to the mall, and to wherever they want to go. They had an exercise facility and a TV room. It was like going to the nicest hotel you could go to.

June 27, 2014

The staff was very friendly at Lakeshore Estates, and the atmosphere was great. They have entertainment going on every day, but you don’t have to participate if you don’t want to. I was able to eat there, and their meals are delicious. I find the facility pleasantly clean.

May 10, 2014

Lakeshore Estates was very nice, very high-class, and expensive facility. It's beautifully kept. The apartments are nice. I looked at both a 1-bedroom and a 2-bedroom. I had a meal with them, and their cook was fantastic. Three important things: the living area, the food, and the general atmosphere is very good. The rooms were a nice size, and you don't feel cramped in them. It's very spacious. It's a great place. It's just I can't afford it. They had club rooms, a room with a bunch of ladies in it doing handcrafts. I like the general atmosphere and the good food.

November 28, 2013

I've been here at Lakeshore Estates for about three months now. I chose this place because it’s close by and it's in a town that I liked being in. The staff are great and the food is excellent. They have every little bit of activities going on here like bingo, dominos, playing cards, and board games. I like all the people here and everybody is so friendly.

November 28, 2013

By Elizabeth30

I was very impressed with Lakeshore Estate. The rooms were fantastic. The people that I met were very sweet and friendly. They gave attention to individual Alzheimer's patient. The one that was in-charge there had been in contact with me once a week. I liked the fact that they had their own independence because they had their own room, which was like an apartment, but they had a natural place for them to be fed three times a day. They had a laundry room within the same facility. It was kind of like an apartment/hotel. I thought if there was any place that I would put my father, it's would be at Lakeshore.

October 22, 2013

By Janet37

My mother-in-law has been at Lakeshore Estates for over three years, and so far she is doing okay. It is a great place. They built it for mobile people, so they have staircases that she can really use. They only have one elevator, so people just wait in line for it. People are wonderful and very friendly. Rooms are nice, big enough to move around and have kitchenettes. The one and two bedrooms are big enough for your furniture and be comfortable in there. The food is very good and they give a lot of good options. They have Bingo three or four times a week, card games and movie nights. They have music groups and country western bands come in and out twice a week at least. They have pianos that play while residents eat two or three times a week. They have a seminar almost every Saturday that has something to do with aging. They keep them pretty busy.

September 24, 2013

By Lou2

We chose Lakeshore Estate because our doctors are in Waco. They have a free shuttle that will take you to the doctor and hospital. Their food is delicious and we had eaten there three times. Everybody is so friendly. It's a really nice facility. The apartment that we are getting is a one bedroom and it has a balcony. It has a living room and a kitchenette. They have a lot of closet space and a bathroom with toolbars in the tub to hold on. Most of it is carpeted. I think we will be very happy there. The dining hall is restaurant style and you have a choice of two different main courses. Everything is just very nice. They have an exercise room, a computer room, TV room with large screen TV where they had movies and popcorn once a week, and a get together room. It sounds like we are going to enjoy being there. We were also allowed to take in our cat and that was a definite plus.

August 09, 2013

By caring00019

I like Lakeshore Estates because we can take our own furniture and take our cat. They have a shuttle bus to take the residents to their doctors. The staff is very nice and all the people were quite friendly when we were there. The food was fine. I wished they had seats in all of the showers because it's hard for us to stand that long and shower.

June 26, 2013

I visited Lakeshore Estates and everything was excellent, but the price is too high. The place is clean. The staff are very friendly, outgoing, and they took care of everybody. The people were active. Everyone seems friendly and happy. They also have three meals a day.

August 16, 2011

By E G Bishop

This facility offers transportation to and from various locations and activities, around town. However, they have so much to offer right on the grounds the transportation may not always be necessary. This facility offers on site beauty and barber shops. Not only is this a needed service for its residents, its a great way to get to know people. Everyone knows lasting friendships are made in the beauty and barber shops of our lives. Also, an on-site billards room, a library and a TV lounge give the residents excellent opportunities to not only live here, but to actually join the community and meet their neighbors and share activities.

Questions about Lakeshore Estates

Describe the overall population of independent living residents at Lakeshore Estates. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

What transportation services does Lakeshore Estates offer to independent living residents?

What makes the chef or dining program at Lakeshore Estates exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

What safety features or security measures does Lakeshore Estates offer to independent living residents?

If Lakeshore Estates accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Does Lakeshore Estates work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

Costs for Lakeshore Estates

Photos of Lakeshore Estates

Services and Amenities of Lakeshore Estates

• Independent Living Starting At: $2042/month

• Housing Extra: Cottages, Handicap Barrier Free Units Available, Individual Climate Control, Safety Rails In Bathroom, Telephone Hookup, Walk In Tub

• Dining Extra: Private Dining Room, Resident Kitchen

• Hiking Trails
  • Features Extra: Laundry Room For Use, Chapel, Library, Locked Mailboxes, Elevator, Parking: Covered, Private

• Technology Extra: Business Center, Wi Fi In Common Areas

• Activities Extra: Billiard Lounge, Game Room, Activity Room

• Pets: Most Pets Allowed

About Lakeshore Estates

Lakeshore Estates is located in Waco, TX, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

So come to Lakeshore Estates for a visit...and stay!

Map of Lakeshore Estates