Cowhorn Creek Estates

Offers Independent Living

5415 Cowhorn Creek Rd, Texarkana, TX 75503
Cowhorn Creek Estates (800) 385-2527
PROMOTION! 1 day

Red Tag Special! Reduced rates on select apartments for new leases sign and move in by February 28th. Ask for details during your tour!

Reviews of Cowhorn Creek Estates

Independent Living Reviews for Cowhorn Creek Estates

October 23, 2019

By Carla

Cowhorn Creek Estates was excellent. It's a bit more upscale than the other ones we visited. The apartments were very nice. The facility was compact, but everything in there was in such a clean, orderly fashion. The activities were very well organized, attended, and structured. They have a dining room, a family room, and a beautiful courtyard. They would make provisions for dogs, too, which was a huge plus. It's absolutely immaculate.

March 07, 2019

By Mary

I went to Cowhorn Creek. It was a very nice community. The staff members were very helpful, very kind, and very knowledgeable. However, the kitchen was extremely small, and there was no stove. The activities seemed OK. They had a salon and an exercise room. They go places to visit different things.

May 07, 2017

By Carol762306

Cowhorn Creek Estates was pretty good. Everybody was really friendly. I had lunch with them, and the food was excellent. I saw a room, but it was just not what I wanted. They even showed me a room with a washer and dryer. The staff was very accommodating and cordial, and they were really interested in me moving in there. It would probably be the place I'd choose, if I'm ready to move in. It was nice and clean. The residents were pretty cheerful, and some of them even talked to me.

March 27, 2017

By Sharon046057

My sister-in-law liked Cowhorn Creek Estates, so we just settled on that when it was the first one we went to. We just thought it was a nice and clean facility, well taken care of, great location, and the people were all very nice. We just felt it was the right place.

September 29, 2016

By ronnieb62

Cowhorn Creek Estates would be a very nice place to go. It’s a really nice facility. I liked the grounds and the rooms. The people were wonderful. I live close to Texarkana so this is definitely an option, and I do like the place.

February 21, 2016

By Visitor120786650

I like Cowhorn Creek Estates a lot. It certainly meets all of my needs, and I like everything that they offer. I have friends who are residents there. The rooms are adequate. It has a friendly atmosphere, and it's a beautiful facility.

January 26, 2016

By Diane115769350

We toured Cowhorn Creek Estates, and when we first walked in, we saw that the place was beautiful. The people were so nice when we took our tour. We met a lot of the residents. They came and talked to us. It was a very nice place. The apartments were wonderful. My mom had a one-bedroom with a balcony. They had dining room-style dining. They had a library, workout rooms, games, and choirs. They had people who would come in and take your blood pressure. They would take you to all of your doctor's appointments in town. They had religious services and many more activities.

October 10, 2014

We toured Cowhorn Creek Estates. There wasn’t anything I liked about it because it was too expensive and too small. The staff was great. We had lunch with them; the food was great. They had a little workout room where you could exercise. The room we looked at had a balcony. The staff is there 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. They were very, very busy. They seemed to be very caring.

December 03, 2013

I used to stay at Cowhorn Creek. It was a newer facility. However, the personal service for the residents was not as good as it was here. Generally, they don't do anything for the residents except for very light housekeeping and fixed three meals a day because it was an independent living. They had a weird way of serving the residents. They serve in a shift. They would bring you coffee, juice and other drinks. But what I thought the worse thing about it was the management's relationship with the residents. It was unfortunate thing to have a nice facility in a nice location and had such poor management.

August 15, 2013

By Barbara70461950

I visited this beautiful facility and was very impressed with all aspects. The food was very good and well presented. The grounds were well kept with flowers blooming. Rooms were sunny, bright and very clean. Everyone was friendly and seemed very happy. Employees interacted with residents in a happy way. Cowhorn Creek Estates is very close to a hospital and doctors' offices. They have a van for transportation to clinics and shopping. Cowhorn Creek Estates will be my new home in the near future.

Questions about Cowhorn Creek Estates

Describe the overall population of independent living residents at Cowhorn Creek Estates. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

The average age is 86. Bingo and bean bag baseball.

What places are nearby for independent living residents to enjoy?

Doctors' offices, Central mall, and restaurants.

What are some recent off-site events that the community activity director at Cowhorn Creek Estates has organized?

Jonquil festival in Hope, and out to lunch.

What transportation services does Cowhorn Creek Estates offer to independent living residents?

Doctors' appointments, shopping, and outside events.

What makes the chef or dining program at Cowhorn Creek Estates exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

Resident input (residents choice selection) Real-time dining surveys.

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

Dining room, activity area, library, beauty salon, fitness area, movie room, chapel, and game area.

What safety features or security measures does Cowhorn Creek Estates offer to independent living residents?

GPS based emergency call button, doors locked at 7:30 pm,

If Cowhorn Creek Estates accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Walking path, dog park, and garden areas.

Does Cowhorn Creek Estates work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

On-site home health

Costs for Cowhorn Creek Estates

Photos of Cowhorn Creek Estates

Services and Amenities of Cowhorn Creek Estates

• Housing Extra: Handicap Barrier Free Units Available, Hardwood, Individual Climate Control, Telephone Hookup

• Dining Extra: Private Dining Room, Resident Kitchen

• Hiking Trails
  • Features Extra: Laundry Room For Use, Chapel, Library, Locked Mailboxes, Elevator, Parking: Covered

• Technology Extra: Business Center, Wi Fi In Common Areas

• Activities Extra: Billiard Lounge, Game Room, Activity Room

• Pets: Most Pets Allowed

About Cowhorn Creek Estates

Cowhorn Creek Estates is located in Texarkana, TX, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

So come to Cowhorn Creek Estates for a visit...and stay!

Map of Cowhorn Creek Estates