Paradise Springs

Reviews of Paradise Springs

Independent Living Reviews for Paradise Springs

June 22, 2021

By Jackie

We visited Paradise Springs, and we were going to move there. They told us that they have independent living and assisted living. They have excellent medical help there. A separate company comes in, and they're there 24/7 to help with the medical side of things and take of people in emergencies. They had really nice people there. They also had a chapel, choir practice, and prayer meetings (which was some of the things I really wanted in a community). The office people were excellent and talked to us sometimes 2-3 times a day. We had decided to go there, but there's an issue with our aide and attendance. I know it would have been great to go there. I knew one of the ladies there too. It's a really nice and beautiful place. They had a really nice beauty salon. The beautician has been with them for 8 years. From what they told us, they had a lot of activities. They sometimes even went fishing. They would go to a certain lake, take lunch, and go fishing. It must have been really exciting. We ate there 2-3 times. They had a beautiful dining room with covered chairs. Everything was so nice. They ask you what you wanted to drink. Then one lady would come by with a cart, so you could choose your dessert. Then the chef would come out and tell you what they had for breakfast, and then tell you what's on the lunch menu and the supper menu. He was really funny and really great. They also have food that they cook there for lunch. My husband and I ate the most delicious pork chop I ever put in my mouth. You could just cut it just with your fork. It had a good taste and spices in it. I even wanted a second one. The place was beautiful. I loved it, and the rooms were really nice. They had the most beautiful baby grand piano you ever saw.

April 05, 2021

By Cheryl

We toured the Paradise Springs. The tour went very well. We really like the place. We're going to talk to mother next week and see if we can take her out there. Kelly was very helpful, very informative, and she answered every question we asked. The rooms were very nice and very well laid out. It was very clean.

November 25, 2020

By ReviewerAT1029B

I went to Paradise Springs. It was very good. The lady that I toured with was not the one that normally is there because I had to go on a Monday, but the lady that filled in was very, very knowledgeable, very good, they gave me all the information, she showed me two or three different floor plans, she showed me where everything was, the laundry, and the dining room. It's a very nice looking community. The rooms were very nice, they were not super tiny, they were all at least one-bedroom because that's what I asked to be able to look at. They all have patios or balconies depending on which floor they're on. They were putting in new flooring in the main entrance, and dining room, they were getting away from so much carpetting and putting in the laminate, or rubberized, that looks like hard floors, wood floors, but it would be easier for the patients to use their wheelchairs on 'em, instead of the carpet. It was a little disarrayed, but you could tell it's a well kept place, and I said hi as I was walking on the sidewalk because quite a few people were out on their patios, and everybody seemed like they were really happy. That place was a little far from where I live, and there's a lot of turns and twists, but when you get there, it's a really nice place. They're actually serving most of the dinners in the rooms due to COVID, because they can only serve 20 or 30 in their dining room, so they take turns on who goes to the dining room.

April 30, 2019

By Shirley

Paradise Springs was a beautiful place and it looked like someplace I would want to live. I was accommodated very well. It’s not set up like a nursing home. It has large open areas, and you have your own little apartment, with a refrigerator, microwave, a little kitchen and dining area, a bedroom, and a door that goes to a little patio area. It's very nice. You're free to do what you want. You can go down to the dining hall for meals.

Hey Shirley, we are so happy you enjoyed your visit at Paradise Springs. We strive to help residents be independent as long as they can while providing a fun and fulfilling environment.

September 26, 2018

By MM

Paradise Springs is very good. Their staff is very good; they're very helpful. I like their staff. The only staff members that may not be rated as high would be the people that they bring in to serve the food. They have a special staff they bring in from the outside to serve the food. I also noticed that a lot of times what they say is going to be on the menu is not on the menu. I think their food is not their strength. The place itself is very nice. The activities seem very good. However, my mom doesn't participate in hardly any of them because she doesn't enjoy them. Some of their activities include bingo, live entertainment, little fashion shows, and card games. I have also seen them do face painting before. They also have special refreshments out like ice cream Sundays, cookies, and doughnuts.

March 09, 2018

By Joanne

We visited Paradise Springs, and it was great. They were very kind and accommodating. They showed us everything we wanted to see. It was close to us.

July 17, 2017

By Tacee

We like Paradise Springs very much. We were able to see the workout facility and the main common areas. This place was very nice. We were very pleased with it.

January 16, 2017

By Marisol842002

I visited Paradise Springs. The wonderful staff was very informative. They were booked to capacity and had a waiting list. From what I saw, it was very nice and somewhere I would definitely have my mom stay. The lady who assisted us was courteous and was very informative about the application.

January 11, 2017

By Happy Visitor658030

I visited Paradise Springs. I liked that it offered cottages that were more like private homes rather than apartments. The food was good but not gourmet. The residents appeared to be happy. The staff was very cordial and inviting. They seemed to offer a lot that appealed to residents. It was a nice place.

December 27, 2016

By Susan456452

My dad is in Paradise Springs. They have been really great. The manager oversees things, seems very caring, and tries to get things taken care of. She is always helpful. I have seen her pitch in herself. She has good negotiation skills and was very accommodating this weekend when we brought my dad's birthday cake for all the residents. However, they don't seem to have enough maintenance, but everything else have been so good. I refer people there.

November 24, 2016

By Albert680855

Paradise Springs was pretty nice, had wonderful grounds, and had a very attractive environment. The staff member was very courteous and understood my situation, so she didn't feel that she had to pressure me anymore. She gave me all of the options that I needed to make a decision. It was so interesting to be part of the very relaxing scenery. The rooms were comfortable.

November 01, 2016

By visitor117476

Paradise Springs was excellent, and the location was excellent for us as well. The dining area was excellent, and the amenities were great. The staff was very accommodating. I like the community living there, and it was a good fit for mother.

October 04, 2016

By Sharon300801

The Paradise Springs was very nice. I didn’t get to bring my friend in and taste the food, so I don’t know about the food they offered. The rooms were nice. If my friend had chosen to go there, I would have been very happy for her to have been there. The dining room was nice. The people were very friendly, very nice, and very helpful. The staff was very nice and answered all my questions straightforward.

September 29, 2016

By Clarke516631

I visited Paradise Spring. The room was small -- 1-bedroom, with a little bit of kitchen, a bathroom, and a closet. The food was pretty good, they serve 3 meals, and the dining area was clean and large. they have a pool table and cards table, but nobody there played cards.

May 10, 2016

By JacciZFPHG

Everything in Paradise Springs has been awesome. The people answer all of our questions quickly, and my father-in-law is super happy. It is a huge blessing. The apartment is perfect. It is like an efficiency type with a queen-sized bed, his recliner, and TV. They have activities, like poker, a pool table, movies, and dances. They have everything. I will definitely recommend them. So far, I am happy with everything. He loves the food.

October 30, 2015

By Randy23

My parents liked Paradise Springs a lot. It was clean; the woman who showed us around was wonderful. She showed us several rooms, and she took her time doing it. She did great in terms of customer service, and my parents liked the rooms.

June 11, 2015

My mother is in Paradise Springs. I like the general atmosphere there. The staffs are wonderful, and it is a really good facility. It just has a really good feel to it. The apartments are very nice. She is in a large one bedroom apartment, and it is absolutely perfect for her. They have lots of different apartments to choose from. It is very clean, very well cared for, and really good. She really likes the food. They have a private chef and what she really likes is that it is not setup buffet style. They actually have servers that come and serve them the food. She said it is great. As for improvement, there really is not a whole lot, but I think one of the problems we had is that she has a dog, which is fine. They are very accommodating to the animals. The only problem we had is at night, the doors are locked at 8:30 which is good. It keeps the residents safe, but it makes it very difficult for her to go out at night to walk the dog before she goes to bed. There is only one entrance you can go in and out. It is a big building, so it takes her a little while to get to that entrance.

May 31, 2015

I was able to visit Paradise Springs which is really nice, and I like it. The people were really very nice to me.

March 02, 2015

I visited Paradise Springs. The staff seemed OK. However, they didn't seemed like they were as clean as they should be. The dining area was nice. They said they were trying to improve their food. I didn't eat there, but it looked like everybody was contented with what they were eating. They had a lot of activities, and the grounds were very nice.

February 24, 2015

By gypsykat

I really like it here in Paradise Springs. They have things and outings like Wednesday we were all going to Galveston. We have bus trips to go to Wal-Mart and the doctor. All the workers and the maids here are so nice. They have a washer where you can wash your clothes. They are extremely dog friendly, and you can even have a cat if you want to. The dining area is very nice with a cute setting by the trees although some people complain that it is beat up. They have a menu, but if you don't like it they have an alternative menu so you can choose from other things. Things are changing right now. The co-manager is now the new manager, so people that were leaving are coming back because of it. I am very happy, and I feel safe. Most of the people are very happy although there's a few that have given up. We all have a refrigerator and a little kitchen in our room. It has a sink, a bar, and a cabinet. They have studios for those that can't afford it, but it is kind of small. It has a twin bed, a chair, and a TV. They have a one-bedroom which is nicer and bigger than that. I'm in a two-bedroom.

January 05, 2015

Paradise Springs would have been the second choice for my mom, but their food was literally a disaster. I didn't want my mother eating here. It wasn't as impressive as the other facility we found, but it was pretty nice. But the biggest problem I had was the food. The apartments were smaller, and there was no space for a washer and dryer. That was a big factor for me. I didn't want her to have to walk down the hall to do her laundry.

Hi, I'm Katie, I work at Holiday Retirement Home Office in Lake Oswego, Oregon. I'm so sorry your mom had a negative experience at Paradise Springs. I've sent your review on to our Resident Relations department to investigate further. We definitely want our residents to enjoy every part of their Holiday experience, including meals, so thank you again for bringing this to our attention. Thank you,

December 05, 2014

My mother lived in Paradise Springs. We were just very disappointed with the administration. The apartment was fine and very nice; there was no problem with the room. The place only had one elevator, and that was not a good thing because there were many people with walkers and wheelchairs, and there were three floors. They should have had two elevators. They used to have quite a bit of activities, but they don't have as many anymore. I liked the layout of the apartment. There were many, many complaints about the dining room. They had a new chef every three or four months. They would change managers every about five months. It just did not work out ever. When we first went there, it was very nice, and they had nice people running the place. That was the problem.

Hi - Thank you so much for posting this. We at Holiday take the opinions of our residents and their families seriously, so if there is an issue with the staffing at Paradise Springs that could be improved upon, we very much want to hear about that. Please feel free to call our Resident Relations department at 1-800-370-8331 to discuss your concerns in greater detail.

December 01, 2014

She’s there for about a month in Paradise Springs. It’s been very good so far. The room is adequate for what she needs. She doesn’t need anything bigger than that. I go there once or twice a week. The managers are all very accommodating. They’ve got an activity room; they don’t have a pool. My mother is 99 years old; she can’t do that much. It’s only 6 or 7 years old, so it’s a nice community. They really take good care of it.

November 19, 2014

Everything is fine here at Paradise Springs except for the food. Everybody is nice. They need to upgrade the facility, but is it homey. I have a one-bedroom apartment, and it is fine. However, they don't have a big enough budget to have good food. There are a lot of activities everyday like bingo, poker, Mexican train, ice creams socials, and musicians come in and play. Location is also a beautiful sight here.

August 13, 2014

By LovelyLady0000005555

My mom is in Paradise Springs. She has got an efficiency apartment and it is very nice. I put my mom in a place where she is safe and happy, and that is all that matters. They changed their management and I don't know them yet. I haven't had any problems, but I don't know them as well as the old management. The food is good. It is not a five-star gourmet restaurant, but it is okay.

October 28, 2013

By John73469550

Paradise Springs is like a big bed and breakfast. My mother has been there going on four weeks now I think. She seems very happy there. She likes the place. It has been a really good place for her. She has a two-bedroom apartment with a living room and a small kitchenette. She doesn't get out and do much as far as socially because she is on chemo, so she is not up to it, but this facility has been so far a really good place for her.

September 24, 2013

The grounds of Paradise Springs were beautiful. They're really kept very well. The facility itself was very nice. The price was right. Their rooms were small. They did have emergency buttons in their bathrooms and bedrooms. The staff who assisted me during the tour were very pleasant and nice. I don't think they're understaffed. The people there were pleasant. Most of them were in walkers or wheelchairs. They did have meals provided for them and they don't need to cook for themselves. Overall, everything about this facility was nice but unfortunately, it wasn't for me. Nevertheless, I would recommend this facility to others if they're needing the assistance it offers.

September 09, 2013

By wmathews

My Mother lived here for 3 years, overall I was not impressed. The facility is new, spacious and decorated beautifully. The areas of needed improvement are: housekeeping - the cleaning of the resident rooms is not thorough at all. Food - inconsistent and meals take a long time. Management - biggest opportunity for improvement. My mother's light fixture over the sink had no working light bulbs for about 6 weeks despite having been reported to management 4 times; also for 6 weeks her closet door was off the track - again no repair despite numerous requests for service. I work in a service industry and was appalled at the lack of concern over these issues when reported to management.

Hello, we are disappointed that you feel you did not receive top-notch service at Paradise Springs. We have a new local team who truly puts residents first and encourage you to come see for yourself!

August 26, 2013

By Betty30

I have a friend at Paradise Spring, and it's very nice. My friend has beginner's Alzheimer's and this lady there was always ready and waiting for us when we got there. It's a different protocol, I don't know.

June 25, 2013

By caring6828

My mom is at Paradise Springs. I like their rooms. She got one bedroom and one bath apartment that is kind of perfect for her right now. She can have her dog there. She has a refrigerator and a microwave. The location is just walking distance from my house. I have tried eating there and it's pretty bad although it's healthy, it's good for you, and it's what she needs. Her health has improved considerably since she has been there because she is not eating poorly anymore. They have different activities like movies and games, but they won't force anyone to go participate or get them out of their rooms to participate. She does not participate very much. I am not really happy with the way they are cleaning. They are supposed to clean once a week and clean her refrigerator, but I end up going there to clean it myself. They are not just doing a very good job.

September 27, 2012

By jenn2

Holiday facility is a place of retirement where senior can spend the rest of their lives in pace. My grandmother lives there and she loves absolutely everything about Holiday retirement facility. She has been living there for about two years so she has became close friend with other seniors and faculty staff. Every time I visit her she highlights how well she is being treated by the nurses and cnas. He seems very happy and content with how she is treated and also states that that the activities and sports performed at the faculties are fun. Last week I passed by to drop her some lunch and coffee because is what she likes mist. I noticed how neat and clean the facility always looks. Since I go there at least once a week the nurses already know my name and treat me with respect. Certainly I will recommend Holiday retirement without a doubt.

Costs for Paradise Springs

Photos of Paradise Springs

Services and Amenities of Paradise Springs

• Housing Extra: Cottages, Handicap Barrier Free Units Available, Individual Climate Control, Safety Rails In Bathroom, Telephone Hookup

• Dining Extra: Private Dining Room, Resident Kitchen

• Hiking Trails
  • Features Extra: Laundry Room For Use, Chapel, Library, Locked Mailboxes, Elevator, Parking: Covered

• Technology Extra: Business Center, Wi Fi In Common Areas

• Activities Extra: Billiard Lounge, Game Room, Activity Room

• Pets: Most Pets Allowed

About Paradise Springs

Paradise Springs is located in Spring, TX, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

So come to Paradise Springs for a visit...and stay!

Map of Paradise Springs