Renaissance-Sherman

Reviews of Renaissance-Sherman

Assisted Living Reviews for Renaissance-Sherman

January 15, 2017

By Monica010500

The only one we visited was Renaissance in Sherman, and it was excellent. We couldn’t find fault with anything. We were given a wonderful, thorough tour where they answered our questions, and given a lovely lunch. We couldn’t say enough good things about the place. Paige was very warm and explained things quite well. We thought it was wonderful. One of the things that impressed us was the food. I’ve been to places where the food wasn’t so good and that can be very disconcerting, so that was really nice. The size of the rooms was another feature we liked. The maintenance wasn’t quite as good as what I’ve seen in some places. They had a library and a salon. If my mother-in-law decides to go, that would be the place she picks. The residents we spoke to seemed to be very happy there.

January 05, 2017

By John635582

Renaissance-Sherman was very nice but my mother decided that it wasn’t what she wanted. The staff was very good and very helpful. The rooms were very attractive. They had all kinds of activities.

October 13, 2016

By Michael447476

I already placed my father into Renaissance-Sherman. It is just a very nice, well-run, clean place. The landscaping is nice. Inside the building is nice. The rooms are nice. It’s just a nice clean place with a good restaurant. They got a restaurant inside, of course, you get three meals a day. The restaurant is clean. They got a chef in there that makes great food. It’s all-around. Also Renaissance-Sherman is in a good location right off the Interstate, so that works out well. It’s a good place. The people that run it are excellent. They’re very accommodating. All the people we’ve run into -- like in the restaurant and the cleaning staff and so forth -- have all been good. I don’t have any issues with the staff. Renaissance-Sherman is excellent.

July 11, 2016

By H382717

Renaissance-Sherman is a great place. The rooms that we have are great, and the services seem great to me. I am really impressed with that. They have different activities going on.

January 26, 2016

By Sandy118793850

We visited Renaissance-Sherman, and everything went really well. The staff was nice, and anybody that I interacted with was good. The rooms were average. They aren't really big, however, they're good and clean.

June 28, 2015

By David108503750

We went to The Renaissance, and it was really nice. Our visit was extremely enjoyable and accommodating. The staff was very professional, very friendly, and extremely accommodating. Anything that they could do to make the room more to what the patient liked, they said they would do. It’s just that the facility was so large it was intimidating to my mother because she’s in early Alzheimer's, and she’s afraid she can get lost. It’s big; I think they had 180 rooms or apartments. They had a spa and a gym. They would take them to doctor’s appointments. They went to the casino, played games, and went shopping. They had a bar in there. Just about everything you could think of was available.

December 13, 2014

I like Renaissance-Sherman a whole lot. The facility is very clean, and the people were very nice. The only thing I didn't like is there is only one main elevator, and there is a very long walk from the rooms to that elevator. The dining room was very clean and pretty, and the menu looks great. They have a hair salon.

October 25, 2013

By Steve26

Me and my wife liked Renaissance-Sherman very much. We wanted to move in there but we are not that old yet. It was a top notch facility. The staff was very good and everybody was pretty happy. The staff would call the residents by their first names. The place is extremely clean and it looked like a 5-star downtown hotel.

October 15, 2013

Renaissance-Sherman is an okay facility, but I don't think it's the nicest with what they want you to pay upfront to go in there. $5000 is a lot of money to pay for a fee to live in and I don't think there rooms were that great although they have different kinds of activities. They take the residents to shopping, barbecues, and music I guess would recommend them, but I just think they are way overpriced for what they have and the smell of the place is pretty bad.

July 24, 2013

By Alan W.

My mom had stayed in Renaissance for three years. It was one of the top places in town for independent living. The independent side was very well-programmed in that there're always something going on for their residents, e.g., there were a lot of musical groups coming in to perform there. The staff also was fantastic. They really did a nice job as far as looking after my mom and all her needs. Their managers probably did more than they were supposed to do. They were also residents of this facility, so these people need to be at least old enough to actually live there. Considering their age, the responsibilities of running a facility were just too much for them. They were just getting stressed out. As a result, they had a lot of turnovers of managers. I think they just need to treat their managers a little better. Overall, I think this facility was very nice.

August 27, 2012

By Nebula1

The Renaissance is a quaint little assisted living facility located in Sherman Texas. I have had several friends and family members who have stayed there and claimed it as their residence. The center is very well kept up and extremely clean. The apartment-type rooms are spacious and accommodating. Three meals a day are included, as well as amenities. The staff is very kind and caring, showing extreme compassion in all they do. This is an assisted living facility, so most of the residents are somewhat independent. For those residents who do need an extra little help, there are onsite nurses and aides. The center has several activity rooms as well as plenty of scheduled activities. Churches and other community organizations are free to come in to provide care and activities. They come in to provide Bible studies, classes, and seminars. Overall, this is a great community and even though it is a bit pricy, it is all inclusive.

Independent Living Reviews for Renaissance-Sherman

June 03, 2012

By commercesd

We stopped in to this facility while in the area looking at places for my brother's friend. It appeared well maintained from the outside. The rooms we saw were all nicely decorated - and better looking than the main room we first saw. The exercise room could have been a bit larger, but it seemed adequate in any case. The book selection was decent. The staff seemed very nice. They did have things for the seniors to do - like games and other opportunities to socialize. There was a list of activities and events that seniors are encouraged to participate in. However, the energy there seemed a bit lacking. We were unable to tell if it was because the seniors were uninterested or simply not capable of participating. The food did not look as appetizing as the fresher food we have grown accustomed to seeing. There was nothing outstanding about the menu - it just looked very basic. The facility looked like it was well tended - the grounds were neat. The interior had a nice decor - but nothing particularly worth noting. The rooms were nicely kept and decorated. The staff was friendly and seemed to attend to all of the residents well enough. There weren't as many communal rooms as we've been seeing at other facilities. The spaces we did see seemed to suit their purposes well. Overall, the facility looked like it had potential, but we just weren't that impressed with it - compared to others we've visited recently in the region.

May 08, 2012

By Hoping for the Best

This retirement community is an older facility and there are larger rooms, nice courtyards and a beautiful entry. The grounds are maintained ok. The activities are excellent and well planned. Unfortunately only a small percentaqge of the residents take advantage of these opportunities. Site managers come and go, and usually don't develop a relationship with the residents, which would be very comforting to the elderly living there. The dining experience leaves something to be desired. Many changes have been made over the years, with each change, we hope for the best. Unlike the activities, ALL residents have meals! A large portion of their day, each day is spent in the dining room waiting for meals. This should be something that they can look forward to, with the anticipation of a well planned and executed meal. This is not the case! The food has improved slightly in the last few months, but isn't consistent and never can be depended upon. Several residents eat in their rooms, having something they have fixed, instead of going to the dining room and being disappointed. Meals are included in your rent, so you pay for meals regardless. Unfortunatly the older generation, THE GREAT GENERATION, was raised not to complain and I feel the facility takes advantage of that fact. There are a few residents, who actually say what everyone else is thinking about the food, and they are labeled trouble makers and dismissed. There are a few residents, who were there when the facility opened. Meals at that time were excellent and even shared with outside friends, whom they would invite. The rates, of course, increase every year, but the quality of food certainly is substandard Unfortunately that may be the case in many of these facilities, which is very unfortunate. Where is Jamie Oliver when you need him????.

Costs for Renaissance-Sherman

Photos of Renaissance-Sherman

Services and Amenities of Renaissance-Sherman

• Hiking Trails

• About Renaissance-Sherman

Nestled within beautiful grounds in the charming town of Sherman, you'll love our warm and inviting facilities, friendly staff and the convenience of the nearby town. Renaissance-Sherman independent and assisted living retirement community is just minutes from shopping, healthcare, dining and exciting local attractions.

*Rates listed are based on single occupancy

Pet Policy

Holiday Retirement warmly welcomes cats and dogs at no additional fee. Please see community for details.

Office Hours