Renaissance-Sherman

Reviews of Renaissance-Sherman

Independent Living Reviews for Renaissance-Sherman

August 22, 2016

By Alvin470331

We put my mom in Renaissance-Sherman. It’s beautiful in the way it is laid out in the individual apartments. The staff is awesome. They have a calendar of events and three full-time chefs.

July 11, 2016

By H382717

Renaissance-Sherman is a great place. The rooms that we have are great, and the services seem great to me. I am really impressed with that. They have different activities going on.

March 26, 2016

By LA3

Renaissance-Sherman is a wonderful place, like living in the White House or something. The staff and living quarters were excellent. The dining room was really big and beautiful with lots of tables. The meals were really good. It was just very nice. They had a game room and provided transportation to bring the residents where they want to go.

January 26, 2016

By Sandy118793850

We visited Renaissance-Sherman, and everything went really well. The staff was nice, and anybody that I interacted with was good. The rooms were average. They aren't really big, however, they're good and clean.

November 07, 2015

By Marsha29

I went to Renaissance – Sherman. The facility was very nice, a little dated, but it would have met our needs. It had a full kitchen. They were a little more expensive. The good point about them is they have assisted care as well as independent living.

December 13, 2014

I like Renaissance-Sherman a whole lot. The facility is very clean, and the people were very nice. The only thing I didn't like is there is only one main elevator, and there is a very long walk from the rooms to that elevator. The dining room was very clean and pretty, and the menu looks great. They have a hair salon.

October 25, 2013

By Steve26

Me and my wife liked Renaissance-Sherman very much. We wanted to move in there but we are not that old yet. It was a top notch facility. The staff was very good and everybody was pretty happy. The staff would call the residents by their first names. The place is extremely clean and it looked like a 5-star downtown hotel.

October 15, 2013

Renaissance-Sherman is an okay facility, but I don't think it's the nicest with what they want you to pay upfront to go in there. $5000 is a lot of money to pay for a fee to live in and I don't think there rooms were that great although they have different kinds of activities. They take the residents to shopping, barbecues, and music I guess would recommend them, but I just think they are way overpriced for what they have and the smell of the place is pretty bad.

July 24, 2013

By Alan W.

My mom had stayed in Renaissance for three years. It was one of the top places in town for independent living. The independent side was very well-programmed in that there're always something going on for their residents, e.g., there were a lot of musical groups coming in to perform there. The staff also was fantastic. They really did a nice job as far as looking after my mom and all her needs. Their managers probably did more than they were supposed to do. They were also residents of this facility, so these people need to be at least old enough to actually live there. Considering their age, the responsibilities of running a facility were just too much for them. They were just getting stressed out. As a result, they had a lot of turnovers of managers. I think they just need to treat their managers a little better. Overall, I think this facility was very nice.

June 03, 2012

By commercesd

We stopped in to this facility while in the area looking at places for my brother's friend. It appeared well maintained from the outside. The rooms we saw were all nicely decorated - and better looking than the main room we first saw. The exercise room could have been a bit larger, but it seemed adequate in any case. The book selection was decent. The staff seemed very nice. They did have things for the seniors to do - like games and other opportunities to socialize. There was a list of activities and events that seniors are encouraged to participate in. However, the energy there seemed a bit lacking. We were unable to tell if it was because the seniors were uninterested or simply not capable of participating. The food did not look as appetizing as the fresher food we have grown accustomed to seeing. There was nothing outstanding about the menu - it just looked very basic. The facility looked like it was well tended - the grounds were neat. The interior had a nice decor - but nothing particularly worth noting. The rooms were nicely kept and decorated. The staff was friendly and seemed to attend to all of the residents well enough. There weren't as many communal rooms as we've been seeing at other facilities. The spaces we did see seemed to suit their purposes well. Overall, the facility looked like it had potential, but we just weren't that impressed with it - compared to others we've visited recently in the region.

May 08, 2012

By Hoping for the Best

This retirement community is an older facility and there are larger rooms, nice courtyards and a beautiful entry. The grounds are maintained ok. The activities are excellent and well planned. Unfortunately only a small percentaqge of the residents take advantage of these opportunities. Site managers come and go, and usually don't develop a relationship with the residents, which would be very comforting to the elderly living there. The dining experience leaves something to be desired. Many changes have been made over the years, with each change, we hope for the best. Unlike the activities, ALL residents have meals! A large portion of their day, each day is spent in the dining room waiting for meals. This should be something that they can look forward to, with the anticipation of a well planned and executed meal. This is not the case! The food has improved slightly in the last few months, but isn't consistent and never can be depended upon. Several residents eat in their rooms, having something they have fixed, instead of going to the dining room and being disappointed. Meals are included in your rent, so you pay for meals regardless. Unfortunatly the older generation, THE GREAT GENERATION, was raised not to complain and I feel the facility takes advantage of that fact. There are a few residents, who actually say what everyone else is thinking about the food, and they are labeled trouble makers and dismissed. There are a few residents, who were there when the facility opened. Meals at that time were excellent and even shared with outside friends, whom they would invite. The rates, of course, increase every year, but the quality of food certainly is substandard Unfortunately that may be the case in many of these facilities, which is very unfortunate. Where is Jamie Oliver when you need him????.

Costs for Renaissance-Sherman

Photos of Renaissance-Sherman

Services and Amenities of Renaissance-Sherman

• Housing Extra: Handicap Barrier Free Units Available, Individual Climate Control, Safety Rails In Bathroom, Telephone Hookup, Walk In Tub, Washer Dryer Hookup

• Dining Extra: Private Dining Room, Resident Kitchen

• Hiking Trails
  • Features Extra: Laundry Room For Use, Chapel, Library, Locked Mailboxes, Elevator, Hot Tub, Storage Space, Parking: Covered

• Technology Extra: Business Center, Wi Fi In Common Areas

• Activities Extra: Billiard Lounge, Game Room, Activity Room

• Pets: Most Pets Allowed

About Renaissance-Sherman

Nestled within beautiful grounds in the charming town of Sherman, you'll love our warm and inviting facilities, friendly staff and the convenience of the nearby town. Renaissance-Sherman independent living retirement community is just minutes from shopping, healthcare, dining and exciting local attractions.

*Rates listed are based on single occupancy

Pet Policy

Holiday Retirement warmly welcomes cats and dogs at no additional fee. Please see community for details.

Office Hours