Ventura Hills

Reviews of Ventura Hills

Assisted Living Reviews for Ventura Hills

July 02, 2016

By Mary864165

We're very satisfied with Brookdale Castle Hills. My brother loves it there, and he's very happy. The place is very nice and clean. It's in a nice location in town with a lot of trees and nice views out the window. It's just very pleasant, very convenient, and very homey for my brother. Everybody has been very friendly and good. Mostly, his activities are outside. The food is very good.

May 10, 2016

By Rene5

I saw Brookdale Castle Hills for my mother. It looked homey and comfortable, but a bit aged. The staff was very friendly. I met one of the nurses, and she seemed very nice. One of the cafeterias looked nice and friendly, too. When I got there, it was lunchtime, so the seniors were eating and the food looked good. I looked at one room, which was empty, and it looked small.

March 31, 2016

By Diana122659650

I really like Brookdale Castle Hills. They were very cordial and very informative when I asked about their activities and about how clean they were because if I smell urine, I’m not really happy, and I also asked about the menu. I like their facilities and that they had cottages for the memory unit because it seems a little more independent. Initially, they added on a bunch of fees, but since I told them that my dad doesn’t need those, they have generally reduced the fees. But the first month, we did pay more than what we were going to be paying. The atmosphere is very nice. They have posh tablecloths, music while they’re eating, and cloth napkins. The food seems to be pretty good.

November 24, 2015

By Diane.m

I like Brookdale Castle Hills. My mother is there. It’s beautiful, large, quiet, and not crowded. They have a memory center, play games, bingo and do exercise. The food is excellent. They have lost residents for some reason, however. We haven’t had a problem, but I’ve heard some people say that people are not being attended to.

November 22, 2015

One of the directors at Brookdale Castle Hills was extremely informative and helpful. They have called back on several occasions to see if they can help us in any way. It was a nice facility, but it was more of a memory care unit; my father had a stroke, so it no longer met our needs.

September 07, 2015

Everyone at Brookdale Castle Hills is very nice. The place is beautiful. My mom has only been there for a little while, but she is liking it for what it is. The meals look good. I like the size of the facility. It is not too big. I do feel that sometimes they seem a little bit understaffed. Other than that, everything has been very pleasing. Any time we have any kind of a concern, we email the director, and he answers right back and always does whatever needs to be done.

July 28, 2015

By Julia18

A family member lived close by Brookdale Castle Hills. I liked the apartment, the executive director, and the location of the apartment from the dining room. The staff was really good. The apartment was a corner apartment, and it was very light. The dining room was good. They had a lot of activities.

May 28, 2015

By Ronda5

I am very pleased with the staff at Clare Bridge (Brookdale Castle). He is happy with the food; in fact, he gained weight. It has been a very good experience, and they have been in touch with me. They always respond in a reasonable time; it has been very good.

December 17, 2014

Brookdale Castle Hills was the first facility that we looked at because it's closer to me, and I didn’t like this place at all. The room that I saw was very small. It was dark to me. They didn’t have a kitchenette where you have water. They have a microwave and a refrigerator. I would recommend that they put a sink and water in the kitchen.

We appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts. Your input is very important to us and we will share your feedback to help better serve our residents in the future.

November 03, 2014

My wife was at Homewood at Castle Hills. My experience with them was a little better. When I got my wife home and checked her medication, I discovered they still missed some of her scheduled medications. Also it looked like they hadn't washed her hair.

We deeply regret that we were unable to meet all of your expectations. We want to thank you for your feedback and please know it will be reviewed and used to better serve our residents and their families in the future.

November 27, 2013

By Donna73256050

My father has been placed at Homewood at Castle Hills for a couple of months now. We chose the facility because it was a good match for us financially and that was the environment we wanted my dad to be placed in. The people were extremely kind and the director helped us get him a room with a roommate so that it was more affordable for us. The environment was just pleasant. They have exercise programs for the residents. They did have craft activities and music. They serve very lovely meals, three times a day, and he was eating better than he was at home.

August 13, 2013

By TaliaL

Homewood has great facilities and the staff is very helpfull an friendly. Everyday they offer a variety of choices for breakfast, lunch and dinner; even do my father sometimes complains about the taste of the food, in general it's good. They have 2 different buildings where they divide the patients by needs and they provide daily activities for the residents. My father has been in 5 different Assisted Living Facilities, and so far Homewood has been the best one.

September 26, 2012

By Maldonado

The living area/rooms are spacious and well maintained. It even had a small balcony area where one could sit without having to leave the apt. It is well maintained. The cleaning service was very good. The nurses were on time when dispensing the medications and scheduling appts. The dining area had enough room to move wheelchairs or walkers. The dining room staff were all very friendly and willing to please. The meals a well balanced with a varied menu. The laundry area was spacious and well equipped, including a folding table. The parking area is convenient as one could park close to the entry way. The grounds are well maintained and the grass and flowers are very well tended to.

June 11, 2012

By commercesd

The Homewood at Castle Hills assisted living facility looked really well-kept from the outside as we drove up. My brother's friend's family has lived in the general region for quite a while and he would like to stay in touch with friends and family. We especially liked the park-like atmosphere of the grounds. Heloves to tend the garden and we could see that he would be impressed as well. The main foyer had a lovely receiving area, reminiscent of a quaint country home. It was hard to imagine that this was an assisted living facility. The communal areas all had interesting activities occurring, from reading to games and resident interactions. It was clear that the residents enjoy living here. The dining areas have many options. From more intimate to communal dining, resident can choose whatever they like in addition to hosing guests in their own spaces. The food choices looked nutritious and delicious, as well as the regular snacks offered continually. The living suites were all a nice size and did not seem cramped. They were also beautifully decorated. We could see that anyone would be comfortable in any one of them. Each unit had individually controlled temperatures. Events and outings scheduled include anything restaurants, art museums, the library, local films and crafts, fine dining and theater. They also host monthly birthday parties for residents at the facility which they encourage friends and family to attend. This is a lovely facility with caring and attentive staff. All of the residents needs appear to be met easily and efficiently, in a friendly and caring way.

Costs for Ventura Hills

• Pets: Yes

• State Licenses: 147537, 100252

About Ventura Hills

Compassionate Care, Close to Everything You Love

Ideally located in San Antonio, TX, Ventura Hills is proud to offer superior Assisted Living and Memory Care to seniors living in Bexar County and beyond. These health services offerings, including Alzheimer’s and Dementia Care, set a standard for senior living in San Antonio. At Ventura Hills, residents feel at home, supported by services, amenities, and activities that shape a lifestyle beyond that of your typical Assisted Living community.

Located near shops, restaurants and medical resources, our community experience extends far beyond our campus. Bask in the beauty of the outdoors as you dine on our terrace or socialize with new friends on our screened-in porch. Choose from a variety of floor plans, from deluxe studios and quaint alcoves to spacious one-bedroom apartments and private or shared suites.

You’re sure to find that life at our community reflects all the beauty that surrounds you, adding greater joy and fulfillment to each and every day. That’s the promise of Ventura Hills.

Well appointed services and amenities!

• Pet-friendly
  • Wi-Fi access throughout
  • Flat screen TV
  • Day trips & outings

Assisted Living

At Ventura Hills in San Antonio, TX, we strive to find the perfect balance between independence and assistance. Our Assisted Living accommodations provide compassionate support and a trusted helping hand. Whether you or your loved one needs help with getting ready in the morning, making the bed, doing laundry, or getting from place to place, our trained team members are eager to assist.

We offer a variety of senior apartments designed to ensure each resident feels safe and secure. In addition to regular or periodic assistance, our residents benefit from all the joys of living in community – plenty of things to do, neighbors to meet and opportunities to grow. At Ventura Hills, we believe care and compassion are a package deal. That’s why we’re committed to delivering a customized living experience for each and every resident within our friendly community.

Memory Care

When someone you care about is living with Alzheimer’s or another form of dementia, finding a place that feels like home is the number one priority. It’s crucial that your loved one feels comfortable, welcome and understood. At Ventura Hills, thoughtfully designed environments provide a safe and secure place for seniors to continue doing the things they love. Trained team members use a personalized approach to address needs and do what’s best for your loved one and your family.

At Ventura Hills, Memory Care residents are encouraged to live a vibrant lifestyle with a calendar full of activities and events. By focusing on living fully in the present, both residents and team members discover the power of a moment in time and the true fulfillment it can bring.

Ventura Hills is a nonprofit community, we invest in our people – residents, families and team members in order to deliver an ideal senior living experience. We are a gated community conveniently located in North Central San Antonio on our spacious 11 acres! Community Van for transportation to/from doctor’s visits, shopping and excursions. Chef prepared delicious and nutritious meals and carefully monitored for resident’s dietary needs. Our management staff has a long tenure, ensuring continuity for care and services.

Map of Ventura Hills