Sodalis San Antonio

Reviews of Sodalis San Antonio

Assisted Living Reviews for Sodalis San Antonio

November 10, 2020

By Laura

My brother is at Elmcroft of Windcrest. We chose this one because of the pricing and the amenities. They have really nice courtyard, dining area, and gym. He has only been there for a couple of weeks, but the staff has been very accommodating, very efficient, and they seem professional. He likes the food. He thinks it's very good. They make everything from scratch. He has been in quarantine so the activities are very minimal because of the COVID. The value for the money is very good.

October 11, 2020

By Cecilia

Roxanna really took her time to explain how the facility works. I was a little nervous about bringing my father here, but she really put my mind at ease. I am sure now that this will be the right place for my father to call home.

March 14, 2020

By Thomas

My mother has moved into Elmcroft of Windcrest. The staff has been good. Her room is a little on the small side for somebody with a scooter, but so far, so good. They went to the botanical gardens last week, and they take some of the residents out to lunch. The activity list is quite intensive.

July 03, 2019

By Delia

They were super friendly at Elmcroft of Windcrest. They had activities listed. The food looked good. The rooms were nice. They had bingo, arts and crafts, and transportation. It was clean, but a little outdated to me.

June 26, 2019

By Steve

My mother is a resident of Elmcroft of Windcrest which is a class B community and it's all wonderful. She had a 2-bedroom with a common living area and a bed. My mother likes the food a lot and the dining area is restaurant style, it's very nice like a 3-star hotel. This place stood out to me among others because of the price of the private room. The have the same activities as any other assisted living.

November 29, 2017

By Ann

The nurse at Elmcroft of Windcrest is incompetent and she did not take care of her patients well, nor did she take care of her staff. I have nothing nice to say about her. She did a horrible job taking care of the residents while the other staff did an excellent job. On the other hand, their marketing director was the most wonderful human being on the planet. The majority of the staff was wonderful except for that one nurse. The activities were scarce and very disorganized because there were a lot of cancellations. They made a lot of promises that they didn't follow-through on.

May 29, 2017

By diane858708

My mother was in Elmcroft of Windcrest for a little over a year. I didn’t have any problems with it, but I needed to move my mother closer because I have been driving back and forth for three years. I really didn’t have any issues; it was just too far for me to go anymore. It was a nice room, the food was not great, and there weren’t a lot of activities. But I really liked them. The people were nice, and the director was excellent.

April 25, 2017

By Felicia107651

My grandmother started as respite at Elmcroft of Windcrest and now she’s a resident. It’s a good place that's the right fit for us. The rooms are a good size and have good amenities, like an outdoor patio, a nice living area, and a nice dining hall. It’s a clean community, and the staff is nice. They have a lot of activities going on, and it’s in a very nice area. That’s why we were pleased with it.

March 06, 2017

By Jo280042

Elmcroft of Windcrest was very nice. I liked it but they didn’t have the nursing staff and they’re further away from me. They had interactions with other people and games that they can play. There was a common area where they can all sit and watch TV or watch movies. They had buses to all go out on outings.

September 28, 2016

By Pamela483352

My impression of Elmcroft was very positive. The staff people were pleasant, outgoing, and were making eye contact with the visitors and the people who lived there. The rooms were clean, fresh, and smelled nice. The dining room was lovely, the menu looked like it was very appealing, it was nicely set up, and it was bright and clean.

September 07, 2016

By CC638605

My mother moved in to Elmcroft of Windcrest in March. She's doing fine and is being taken care of very well. I think the staff attends to the clients very well. There are some grumpy people like my mother, but the staff works around them. The food must be very good because my mother has gained about 20 pounds. The staff takes the residents to and from their doctor's appointments as requested. Singers come in, and the residents do chair exercises Monday through Friday. The one thing I personally have an issue with is the outside of the building. It is not up to my standards, but it's not messy or anything.

August 23, 2016

By Milton241746

My aunt moved into Elmcroft of Windcrest. She’s always really clean. She likes the neighbors there and is having a great experience. They have Friday outings where they have lunch, do a little shopping, and go out a little bit. She likes the Bible study and bingo, but her favorite thing is to sit around and talk to her friends. She just loves that. They serve breakfast, lunch, and dinner. The staff is very helpful. She just loves them because they take care of the things that she needs. The place is very homey, always clean, and always in order. When you walk in, you see a nice, big fireplace. The courtyard is nice.

April 12, 2016

By Sham Facility

This place is a sham. Sure they have the pretty pictures on the site and a well thought out list of activities to make it look good. But please trust me, this is all just for show. They have none of the activities that they listed. They offer Bingo every single day and only on Friday's do they take the residents to eat at a restaurant for lunch. Please talk to the existing residents; they will tell you how bored they are. I take the time to speak to the residents and every single one of them complain about nothing to do and disgusting food. The food is horrible. Please sit in the dining room and watch all the food they throw in the trash because the residents can't eat that slop. The residents complain about poor food and no activities, but they don't care. It's all about the almighty dollar. The rooms are always dirty, the laundry service is horrible because you are always getting other people's stuff and your stuff is missing. The turnover is tremendous. People are moved in and out constantly. They sucker you in and then when the family finds out it was all a sham, they move out as quick as they moved in. Please do yourself a favor and investigate this home before putting a relative in it. It is a very sad situation that needs to be exposed.

April 27, 2015

By Mrs C1

I like Elmcroft better as it was closer to my home, and I felt like I could visit more frequently. I liked that the facility was very warm and appealing. I liked the idea that she could do her own laundry as she wanted to do that. I liked the idea that they had memory care, and if my aunt progressed there would be no need to move. I liked the courtyard there as you could walk through. It was secure. I did see some other residents that didn’t interact but looked very happy there. The rooms were good, clean, and met all of our needs.

March 07, 2015

We moved my father-in-law at Elmcroft of Windcrest in the early part of December. They have the highest star rating among the places we went to. The staff is pretty good. The rooms are kind of small, and that is the only issue I have with them. What I like best about them is the location. I have no complaints about them.

August 04, 2014

By Caring91928550

We were referred to Elmcroft because the care there was excellent, so we checked it out. Mother has been in there for four months and they have not disappointed us one bit. The care is excellent; the facility is clean; the pricing is good and everything is tip-top. We couldn't be happier with it. They have people coming in -- different musicians and stuff and Bingo. They have activities every day; I've seen the residents playing cards and visiting each other.

April 22, 2014

One of the facilities that I visited was Elmcroft of Windcrest, and I really like that one. When you come in, the facility was very new looking. They had very nice sitting rooms. The manager was very informative and gave me a nice packet. The rooms were a bit bigger than some of the other places that I looked at. And when I came in, they had warm cookies for the residents out, and they had a coffee area where they could come and get a snack anytime they wanted, and I thought that was very nice. They also had a little garden area that the people could go out in. Elmcroft was really a favorable facility for me.

January 17, 2014

The last one I went to was Elmcroft. It was a very nice place and I liked it. The staff and the people I talked to were very nice and friendly. However, I was a little bit surprise at the floor plan. I had never seen anything like that before. The studio apartment was small for one person, but the other rooms, a lot of them were for two people in a room and it didn't impress me as practical. I thought the space was condensed and there's not much closet space and for people. For me it would be too crowded. We discussed the activities, but I didn't see them. They had bingo games and outside entertainments, which you would find in a standard place. There was a misunderstanding before went there. I was disappointed to learn that the fees were higher than I'd been quoted. But I would recommend them for cleanliness and for having friendly atmosphere.

January 16, 2012

By commercesd

We visited the Elmcroft of Windcrest in the San Antonio area while checking out facilities for our aunt. The outside looked well taken care of with plenty of nice trees and shrubbery to enjoy. The communal areas were all clean and well tended. There were plenty of rooms for the residents to enjoy socializing in - from quiet reading to lively conversation and games. All of the rooms were fresh, clean and bright. The living quarters were nicely maintained and decorated -- with personal touches for each resident, who can make choices or get assistance if desired. They can use their own furnishings or a staff member may assist. They all had nice natural light, safety features and adequate furnishings for privacy or hosting guests. There is a nice exercise facility where the residents can enjoy a variety of activities from equipment to yoga and weight training. There is also a trainer onsite to assist regularly and offer classes. They can also enjoy the walkways outside year-round due to the mild weather in the region. The staff seems to be able to easily adapt to whatever a resident happens to need. The residents all get to choose their own schedule and activities, according to their abilities and interests. They can also receive whatever care level is necessary -- which can adapt as needs change. The dining areas were lovely and seemed inviting. The chef makes original creations, as well as regular dishes, for a variety of meal options. The restaurant style dining is relaxing and makes it easier to socialize. They host regular events at the facility such a book discussions, ice cream socials, barbeques, birthday parties and many other gatherings. All in all -- a very nice facility for the residents with kind and caring staff.

Memory Care Reviews for Sodalis San Antonio

Costs for Sodalis San Antonio

Photos of Sodalis San Antonio

Services and Amenities of Sodalis San Antonio

• Fee Structure Extra: Community Fee (One Time, Non Refundable): $2,000

• Pets: Small Approved Pets Are Allowed Provided The Resident Can Care For It And It Is Contained On A Leash When Out Of Their Apartment.

• State Licenses: #103829

About Sodalis San Antonio

Whether you enjoy the freedom of personal independence or the comfort of being catered to, Sodalis San Antonio is tailored to meet your personal needs and preferences. Our community offers a wide range of options and services for seniors who want to enjoy a carefree lifestyle, providing everything you expect and more.

When care is your concern, you and your loved ones are able to live worry-free, with the confidence that our 24/7 care staff is there to help in times of need. Every effort has been made to make Sodalis San Antonio a place where you feel comfortable and secure.

Engaged living, a tranquil setting, and compassionate care are hallmarks of Sodalis San Antonio, an assisted living community that encourages an active lifestyle and daily activities for residents, both on campus and throughout the beautiful Jacksonville area. With designer touches throughout, you’ll enjoy a spacious apartment home and a list of amenities, knowing that you have a full range of personalized care available. Our chef will provide you with three delicious meals and snacks daily. With our “residents first” philosophy, our team embraces a proactive approach to the health and wellness of our residents, making our community distinctly capable of providing the highest levels of care, delivered with the warmth and hospitality of a family member. We have thought of everything to make our community your perfect new home.

The Memory Care team embraces a proactive approach to resident health and wellness, delivering the highest levels of care with the warmth and hospitality of family. The team has specialized training to optimize quality of life through everyday activities in a meaningful way. For caregivers needing extra help during the day or while on vacation, Sodalis San Antonio offers respite stays, if rooms are available.

THOUGHTFUL AMENITIES

• Studio and two-bedroom apartments
  • Professional care team who customizes a detailed plan to meet medical, physical, and social needs
  • Full-time concierge
  • Full-time Activity Director creates engaging live entertainment, off-site outings, and group activities
  • 3 nutritionally balanced meals a day served restaurant-style in our dining room
  • Snacks and beverages available 24/7
  • Weekly housekeeping, including linen laundering, and daily changing and making beds
  • Professional and trained clinical staff available 24-hours a day
  • Spacious and beautiful public areas
  • Covered front porch, patio garden
  • Scheduled medical and shopping transportation
  • On-site beauty salon
  • On-site religious services
  • Pet-friendly
  • Wireless personal emergency service
  • Monthly rate includes all utilities (except telephone and cable)

Map of Sodalis San Antonio