Poet's Walk San Antonio

Reviews of Poet's Walk San Antonio

Memory Care Reviews for Poet's Walk San Antonio

April 29, 2017

By Nancy Hotaling

What a wonderful place for my mom! She was the first resident in this new and beautiful facility. I can't say enough great things about the wonderful staff, starting at the top with the director, Wendy. Everyone is so kind and caring, such a huge difference compared to the facility that I moved her from. My mom is in her forever home! Thank you!
Thank you so much for taking the time to provide feedback. We appreciate you positive review.

November 02, 2016

By Jan R.527316

We were quite impressed with Poet's Walk San Antonio. I've been getting reports on what kinds of activities he's been doing, and they have a website that I can go to and I can see exactly what his schedule had been. They also take pictures of him during the day and pictures of things going on. They also make great use of technology, so they have a monitoring system in the bedrooms so that if he starts trying to get out of bed, they'd know immediately because of motion detectors in the room. Also, all of the nurses and the aides carry a tablet with them where all of the medications are recorded in the computer immediately. Anything that happens with him gets reported into the tablet immediately, and if a nurse or aide is not really familiar with him, they can look him up and see what sorts of things soothe him so we were very impressed with that. We already knew some of the people who are going to work with him there because we've worked with them before. It's a very nice facility, and the staffing levels were designed to be better. It's a brand new place and the people we knew are people we've had great confidence in before and we already had experience with them and my father really liked them and they seemed to really care about him. It's an exclusive Alzheimer's unit, and one of the things I was impressed by was that they had a lot of materials for them to work with, and these are not just laminated paper cut-outs that the nurses had made but proper manipulatives and puzzles that clearly had been bought purposefully and an investment has been made to stimulate their minds. All patients have an iPod with their favorite music on it, and they do music therapy every day. It's a very homey place, and they've got 2 interior garden spaces that at unlocked all the time where my father can go outside. There are 2 glassed in patios where he can be seen, and he can sit out anytime he wants to. He's still in a locked unit, but it gives him a sense of independence and freedom.
Thank you so much for your detailed review. We truly appreciate you positive feedback.
See all Memory Care reviews (6) See fewer reviews

• Staff Patient Ratio: 1 To 8
  • Minimum Age: None
  • Pets: No Pets Allowed

About Poet's Walk San Antonio

Poet’s Walk San Antonio, A Spring Hills Memory Care Community, is dedicated to providing personalized and comprehensive Alzheimer’s disease and Dementia care. Spring Hills Senior Communities has created a proprietary memory care environment that provides an engaging atmosphere that encourages a compassionate person-centered approach. At Poet’s Walk San Antonio, we are committed to “Dancing” with our residents.

The Spring Cottage Memory Care Program is distinctively designed to create a safe and warm living environment for persons in all stages of Alzheimer’s disease and Dementia. We provide person-centered care and programs that engage the mind, body, and spirit of the people we care for. We will continuously demonstrate “Caring with a Commitment to Quality” by aspiring to the highest professional standards, while providing care and services in a nourishing, compassionate environment that supports the health and wellbeing of our residents.

Map of Poet's Walk San Antonio