Parkwood Meadows

Reviews of Parkwood Meadows

Independent Living Reviews for Parkwood Meadows

June 21, 2021

By Gloria

We went to Parkwood Meadows. I really liked its setting. It was in a wooded area and a very, very pretty setting. The apartments seemed nice, and I liked that. Their services seemed pretty much the same as the other places that I visited. It was an older facility, but it seemed very well kept. The staff was very friendly. I enjoyed the visit with them. They had a library, religious services, exercise, craft classes, and a beauty salon. They're not serving meals to guests who came like we did. The place was very nice. It's an older facility. There was a little bit of dampness, but that was probably due to some of the other issues. There was a lot of construction going on around the building, but it was very clean.

May 25, 2021

By Shannon

We went to Parkwood Meadows and it was a good experience. It was just a little bit further from my house and they did not have the availability that mom was looking for. It was either upstairs and it was gonna be more difficult or it would be downstairs, which was not going to be ready for a little while. It just was not getting right in. The apartments and the facility seemed nice, but we did not do too deep of a dive. The location was nice, but there was a lot of construction going on around. It was a little difficult to try to get into the place because it is set on a pretty busy road. Getting into the place was a little challenging.

March 04, 2021

By Cheryl

Parkwood Meadows was horrible. They don't even have staff there at night, and I couldn't wait to get out of there actually. It was dark and it was not nice, but it looked pretty on the outside. The rooms were kinda bleak and dismal. I just felt dead on that place. There's no life to it at all. The staff was very nice and very accommodating. There were only two staff members that I could even find. Partway through the tour, I said no, I'm done.

Hi Cheryl, thank you for your review. As an independent living community, there is no requirement to have someone on premises 24 hours a day. We regret to hear that we were not the perfect fit for you at this time. Thank you

August 26, 2020

By Vizslamom

My sister lives at Parkwood Meadows. The manager, Celeste, contacted me when my sister developed a medical problem and helped me find someone to see and treat her. She also recommended a pharmacy that delivered medications. Since I live over an hour away and am also responsible for our 90 year old mother, this was a huge help.

August 05, 2019

By Mr. McDodd

I moved into Parkwood Meadows and I'm very satisfied, they have a very caring staff that worked very hard, and I'm very impressed with them. They really worked hard to meet the needs of the residents. I have not found any of them truly lacking in compassion and dedication. I was very glad that a room was available; it fits my needs. I could be described as a happy camper. They have one large dining area with round tables that sits four or five people, so it's very conversational, they have a very skilled kitchen staff, and the food is above average. I'm very much taken with the quality of the food they serve. There's a cycle of things that come back to the menu for which I'm grateful, because I have some things that I really like, and I'm not dissatisfied at all with the presentation, flavors, and varieties. They have a TV in the lounge area, they have bingo, dominoes, I'm going to an art class, they have musical groups that come in and perform, we have scrabble, trivia, balloon volleyball, and you can also have a pet. We have regular meetings with the manager and chef so we can express concerns, or discuss whatever we want to. They use a bus to take people out to lunch, transportation to doctors appointments, shopping, the bank, or post office. It's a really fun facility. It's a beautiful campus, and there are lots of landscaped areas where you can take nice walks. There's never any trash or grass growing anywhere, and they struggle to keep up with things that break unexpectedly, but they get right on it, and I appreciate that. They have a beautician on site, home health has an office in the facility, they can take your blood pressure, they can visit you with physical therapy and occupational therapy, and they also have a person who does massages. I have an appointment with a podiatrist tomorrow. I'm more than pleased that I made the right decision. This is the right place for me.

June 14, 2019

By Pamela

Parkwood Meadows was very nice. The person who helped me was very knowledgeable and helpful. She had a small sign up when we got there that said, "Welcome," and she had a little bag of goodies for us. She was very prepared. The dining room was a really nice spacious area too.

We appreciate you stopping by and taking a look around Pamela. Our local team is amazing at being a resource for anyone who walks through our doors.

November 27, 2018

By Jeanne

Parkwood Meadows was nice. I highly recommend it. The people were nice. The food looked good. There were choices too. The pricing seemed reasonable. The dining area was very nice; it was restaurant-style. Even if you don't want to eat in the dining room, you still have to come down, order food, and then take it back up with you, so they have to get out of their room or out of their little apartment. The staff members will clean your room. They have laundry onsite so you don't have to do your own laundry. Also, they have all kinds of activities for the residents to do.

November 19, 2018

By Keith

Parkwood Meadows seemed like a nice place. I was impressed with just about everything there. The way they set up things and everything, it was nice. The staff was wonderful, and the service was wonderful. She also mentioned some of the activities that they do as well.

September 17, 2018

By Lucille

I moved into Parkwood Meadows and it is wonderful. It's so balanced out. They offer three cooked meals a day and they have little snacks if you want them. All of the people are so nice and they have activities like no other place I've been to. The rooms are a fair size and I really like my 1-bedroom. The food is excellent and cooked by a chef who does a good job. They take the trash out for us, vacuum our room once a week, mop our bathroom floor, and dust our furniture. If I get too sick, they will bring my meal upstairs. They have tai chi, which I love, chair volleyball, bingo, all sorts of card games, and an exercise class. There's just so many ways they keep us active. The staff is very nice and efficient. It's just a wonderful atmosphere. They also have a bus that'll take you to the doctor. They keep everything so clean. This place really impressed me and my son.

August 30, 2018

By Melissa

We chose Parkwood Meadows for my dad. He's moving in on the 20th. We went to a friends and family night there and it was really enjoyable. We met the management and they were welcoming and comforting. We were also able to talk to several residents and everyone seemed to be really comfortable and enjoy living there, so it was all positive. We also felt like the place that my dad will be living in is very well-maintained and they had really good food and activity options for him. The food was very good. I'm really impressed with the apartment, the place in general, and how it's maintained. It seems down to earth, comfortable, friendly and inviting. We have a good impression of it so far.

Hi Melissa, thank you for choosing Parkwood Meadows to be your dad's new home! We are thrilled to have him as a resident. If you need any help from us during the move-in, please let us know! We look forward to seeing you soon!

December 04, 2017

By Yvette

We went to Parkwood Meadows and really liked it. The people there were amazing and full of information for us. It was a more active community really nice rooms and a huge dining area. It was very clean. Parts of it were really dated and needed updating. They're pet friendly. It was more retirement style, they offer outings for the residents in buses to grocery stores, doctor's appointments, and you can stay at their facilities in another town. The staff was really amazing and informative. The residents were interacting and playing balloon volleyball.

May 20, 2017

By alisa062855

My mom moved into Parkwood Meadows. It is beautiful, and my mom is very happy. The people working there are extremely friendly and care about my mom's health and well-being. Her room is a studio with a view of giant oak trees, which she loves because she loves birds. She has a nice, big balcony where she can sit and watch the birds. It is very nice. The room is very large, and we are able to make it feel as if it had a dining area, living area, and a bedroom area even though it is one big area. It does not feel like it is crowded. The grounds and interior are beautiful. They have lots of beautiful artwork and sculptures that make it feel very nice.

April 05, 2017

By Minerva681226

My mom is in Parkwood Meadows. I like the people. She plays trivia, but she does not play bingo. They have good activities. We had an incident, but they were quick to come in. Somehow water gets into her room and the sprinkler goes off, but there is no fire in the building, and they are fixing that. The refrigerator is the loudest refrigerator I have ever heard. I'm waiting for them to change the motor. She finally has her name on her door, and we were so happy to see that this weekend. George and Carol are wonderful and ought to get a promotion. They are the ones who help maintain her room. I think the food is good, and she does, too. The only thing about it is that it takes too long to respond, so half the time she just leaves. I think they are short-staffed.

March 03, 2017

By Peggy374656

I had lunch at Parkwood Meadows, and they gave me a tour of the whole department. It was very small for the cost of over $3,000 for a very small efficiency apartment. The staff was OK, although there was a bit of turnover. The apartments were very nicely furnished and very clean. The food tasted OK. The location was ideal and close to where I live, so I could still go to church.

November 23, 2016

By Suzanne365278

Parkwood Meadows had really nice, professional people that I dealt with, it was clean, the grounds were pretty, and the services they offered were great. Location was a big thing for us and being able to have her pet, and it was affordable enough that she could get a 2-bedroom.

November 23, 2016

By Charles025044

Parkwood Meadows was the one that actually impressed me the most. The thing I liked most about it was that it was very well lit naturally. When you walked in, it had windows and sky light, and it lit up the whole entry area very well. There were lots of lighting in the hallways. The rooms were very nice, very large, and very well laid out. It was like 3 or 4 blocks away from Round Rock Hospital. So, medical service was right there, if anybody needed anything.

October 22, 2016

By Kim447765

Parkwood Meadows is excellent and was only independent living. It was extremely clean, a lot of people were active, there's no one in a wheelchair in a corner, and everyone was dressed. The rooms were good, but the closets were small. I just didn't like the area that should you need medication assistance, they would have to call in a homecare service -- which would be an additional charge.

September 30, 2016

By Ann322886

I live in Parkwood Meadows. It was close to my daughters, and it's a very nice place. They clean the apartment once a week, they cook 3 meals a day, we have washers and dryers and bus service -- all of which are very important. We have a whole lot of activities like gin rummy, Bingo, and games all day long. I enjoy living here.

September 28, 2016

By Tim082146

Parkwood Meadows had multiple versions of one-bedroom and two-bedroom kind of thing, and then they had a carpet. I have not tried the food, but feedback from my friend -- who actually moved in -- said the food was great. It was clean and laid out very well for the people who lived there. There is always something for people to do, and the residents gave us great feedback when we went and questioned some of them with regards to the staff. It was a good experience.

April 23, 2016

Parkwood Meadows is top notch, clean, and well maintained with a homey feeling. I like the food, and the people working there were fine.

February 29, 2016

By Glenda17

My dad has already moved into Parkwood Meadows. It’s nice, clean, and cheerful. It’s a studio apartment, which is just one room, a bathroom, and a kitchenette. The staff is quite efficient. They have a daily schedule of activities and things, transportation to and from places, three meals a day, and that sort of thing. Some days are better than others, but the food is nice; it’s just the taste of picky eaters.

October 30, 2015

By Zuma

I chose Parkwood Meadows for my husband, and he will be moving in soon. The rooms were large, and it seemed to be a very nice facility. The staff knows each individual resident, and their price was probably one of the better ones.

October 27, 2015

By Patricia93168350

I visited Parkwood Meadows for my father-in-law's cousin. It wasn't quite what she needed, even though it was very nice. They had all the accommodations, the rooms were very nice, and the people were very nice. Also the outdoor courtyard area was nice.

July 31, 2015

Parkwood is less in price than assisted living, and basically they provided the same amenities. They are very friendly and helpful. The rooms were nicely laid out, well-lit, and comfortable. The feature that got me the most was they offer an upfront fee for a lifetime.

March 07, 2015

The staff is very helpful and very encouraging to my mom. If they don't see her out participating in the activities, they will find her and encourage her to participate, and even the residents will come looking for her. They have everything from group exercises to a wonderful library, computer time, and groups that come and sing. They have a beauty shop, arts and crafts, and puzzles -- just a large variety of things for the residents to participate in. They also have activities that they transport the residents to off the facility as well. For example, my mom likes to garden, so if they wanted to do something they have transportation to where they can get them to the local park where there is a city activity going on that was sponsored by the City Park Recreation Department. They have seated dining, it is restaurant type sitting, and the residents have a two-hour window to be served. The food quality is really good. Probably the toughest thing for her to get used to was that the assigned time to eat. They don't have assigned seating, but finding the right chair that was not somebody else's place was a little challenging. Eventually, she got that all figured out. She ended up with a one-bedroom; she has tiles in the kitchen and the living area, carpeting in her bedroom, and tiles in her bathroom, and that has been the best choice for her. She has a little outside sitting patio with a little fenced in area for her dog. The area is not huge, but it is big enough. She feels very safe and very secure. She is on the ground floor, and she does have a back door, but she doesn’t feel at all in jeopardy. The whole facility is in a very secure area, and there are nightly patrols. It is a very quiet little area, and when guests come in, of course, there is always a receptionist right there at the front to greet them. We are very happy with Parkwood Meadows.

July 31, 2014

I chose Parkwood Meadows for my parents for its cost, location, and what they promised, but they had a lot of broken promises. The staff were friendly and as far as activities they were good. The rooms were standard and we had lot of problems faced. My parents didn’t like the food and they would go down the dining room once a day only.

June 30, 2014

By Caring81957650

I am really happy at Parkwood Meadows. It is so clean, I wouldn't be here unless I was impressed with how clean it is. I have a big room, living room, and a kitchenette. I think it’s just fine. I have two dogs with me. The place is really good.

March 31, 2014

Park Meadows is independent living, so they're responsible for their own laundry. The staff is good. They do have someone come in and change the bed sheets, towels, and do some minor housekeeping, which was very helpful. The housekeeper is a lovely lady. My parents get three meals a day. I wouldn't say the food is outstanding, but it's fine. The rooms are good. There are a lot of floor plans. It's very bright and cheerful, with a lot of windows and a skylight. They did a lot of decorating. Pretty much, you can do anything you want there. They organize games, exercises, puzzles, and music. Just that my parents are not going to do it. I like that it is the right size apartment, it's a good price, and it's very close to my home.

October 28, 2013

My aunt is now at Parkwood Meadows and we were not impressed with them. When we visited, there was not one single person in the lobby or the hallways, which we thought was odd. The woman that we met with was actually nice. She and her husband lived in an apartment on site, which I thought was very nice. My aunt had a studio and her daughter had done a lot to give it a homey feeling. We looked at a two-bedroom unit and the finishes in the apartments were not what we would be looking for. They used vinyl, which they made to looked like a wooden floor but it was clearly fake and made it looked cheap. It would have been better if it had a floor tile. There were several things that we did not like. It had common washer/drier area and it had no stove in the kitchen. If I would choose a place, I would want to able to bake some cookies or make some soup. If I remember correctly, we were told that their shuttle bus was not handicapped accessible which I found to be very odd since normally people in that age group use walkers, scooters, or wheelchairs.

September 27, 2013

By Aileen49

Parkwood meadows is pretty expensive. It serves breakfast, lunch and dinner. It's more like an old folk's home. There are a lot of sick people there. I wouldn't want to live there.

Hi, thank you for considering us in your search for senior living. While we were not the best fit at the time, we invite you to come check us out again if anything changes.

September 17, 2013

By George38

We had a good time at Parkwood Meadows, everything was fine. The staff were wonderful. They had good food and had all kinds of activities all day.

April 23, 2013

By Geraldine1

Parkwood Meadows is a full service facility and is a fantastic place. They have a certified chef. The apartment was spacious and they have enough storage for things you didn't have room for. I love the bedrooms because they are big. They have a living room, kitchenette and a patio. They invited me for different activities like the Easter Egg Hunt. I loved it there and it's really nice. But it's something financially out of my reach. I would recommend it to people though. You have nothing to do except get up, dress, walk the grounds and eat breakfast. You get three meals a day prepared for you. And they're healthy meals! They have a place for activities and they even have an elevator. If you have retirement income along with social security, I would highly recommend Parkwood Meadows. They even have an arrangement with other cities where you can stay if you go on vacation.

Costs for Parkwood Meadows

Photos of Parkwood Meadows

Services and Amenities of Parkwood Meadows

• Housing Extra: Handicap Barrier Free Units Available, Individual Climate Control, Safety Rails In Bathroom, Telephone Hookup

• Dining Extra: Private Dining Room, Resident Kitchen

• Hiking Trails
  • Features Extra: Laundry Room For Use, Chapel, Library, Locked Mailboxes, Elevator

• Technology Extra: Business Center, Wi Fi In Common Areas

• Activities Extra: Billiard Lounge, Game Room, Activity Room

• Pets: Most Pets Allowed

About Parkwood Meadows

Parkwood Meadows is located in Round Rock, TX, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

So come to Parkwood Meadows for a visit...and stay!

Map of Parkwood Meadows