The El Dorado

Reviews of The El Dorado

Independent Living Reviews for The El Dorado

March 16, 2020

By C.R.

The El Dorado was very nice, the staff was nice, they were getting the Christmas things down, and they're very informative. The apartments were nice, a lot more closet space, with individual air conditioner. Some were more updated than the others, but all were nice sized, the bathrooms were very big, and wheelchair accessible. The dining room was great, nice size, we just had a snack there, and the food tasted average. It appeared to be active, a lot of the people I saw were active, definitely independent, and they seemed to interact a lot with the staff and other residents.

Thank you so much for visiting our community. We aim to offer an amazing experience by providing 3 delicious and nutritious meals a day, light weekly housekeeping, and a variety of engaging activities. Please stop by anytime if you have additional questions, and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

December 24, 2019

By Susan

The El Dorado was very attractive, but the dining room was very public, and it was right at the front of the building. They had beautiful floor plans. The man who showed me around was very knowledgeable, but I get more of a business model sense than a person model sense out of it. The apartments were very nice and there were lots of windows and nice views. They had a library, a laundry place, and places to go out. It was well maintained.

July 22, 2019

By Tommy

Things are going well at The El Dorado and I'm pleased with it. The accommodations are OK, and the service is good. I'm satisfied. The office staff has been going through some changes. A couple of people that worked here have left to take other jobs, and they have been a little short-handed on staff members. They haven't gotten all the replacements in place. There has been a little adjustment on staff, but those things happen. The kitchen and maintenance staff have all been good. However, they've just been a little slow sometimes in getting some communication out to people, but nothing I would say was a significant problem. The food has been generally good. Some days are better than others, but generally the food service is good, the quantities are adequate, and there are a lot of options on the food menu.

July 03, 2019

By Maxine

I liked The El Dorado. The staff showed me the model room and the one they called the studio room. I like them a lot. I like the ones that had the balcony because some of them did. If you need additional care, you can still remain in the same room but they will have different services for you if you need assistance. I was also very impressed with their lunch.

March 28, 2019

By Liza

I liked The El Dorado. I liked its layout, and the residents were very nice. The rooms were about the size that I'd be able to handle. I felt comfortable there. They had the chair exercises, a game room with puzzles, bingo, bus to shopping and church, and religious services. The manager was very pleasant and very friendly. I felt comfortable with her, she made my daughter and I feel welcome, and she explained everything and answered all our questions. The meals were good. I enjoyed it and the service was fine.

July 30, 2018

By Glynda

The El Dorado was very nice and clean. The rooms were very nice. The dining area looked wonderful. They had all kinds of activities, like game night, bingo, and Bible studies. The staff member who accommodated me was excellent. She was wonderful, very appreciative, and very hospitable. If I have the funds, I would probably go there myself, but my budget can't do it.

February 23, 2018

By Joan

I visited The El Dorado and it was very nice. The staff was also very nice and welcoming, but the rooms were just too small. The residents were also very nice. I had a nice visit. Overall, it seemed like a nice place to be.

July 27, 2017

By Cynthia A

I was looking for a 2-bedroom suite, but The El Dorado did not have anything like that. They did show me a 1-bedroom, which was really nice, but I was looking for something bigger. It was a nice community, but it was a little worn and probably it's about time to rehab it. Everything was clean and well-cared for though. The staff member has been there a number of years, which impressed me. She was very thorough. She spent time with me, she walked me around, and she showed me all the facilities. She was great.

January 15, 2017

By Patricia822217

El Dorado was clean, smelled good, and had friendly people. The apartments were freshly painted after someone moves out, well appointed, and had new carpets.

July 20, 2015

By Nora3

The El Dorado is personable. It was just slightly dated, but it was very clean and accommodating. They didn’t have a lift on a van -- which was a deal breaker for me -- but they seemed to be willing to accommodate us in that respect until they got one. The price was good, and the rooms seemed to be more than adequate. It was probably the same amount of activities that was offered at other places.

February 17, 2015

By Karen106240250

My dad is in El Dorado independent living. He is in an efficiency room. He has his own bath, a kitchenette, and a patio. They have a pool table, card games, bingo, and they have an auction next month. They have everything, and I like the staff a lot. They even remember my name, and I only come once a week. There is a park across the street, a senior center less than half a mile away, and a couple of fast food restaurants a couple of miles away.

September 30, 2014

My brother is in El Dorado and for now, it is working out. It is a senior living facility, but for a fee, it does have a 24-hour nursing care if you need it, and my brother needs that. His room is nice and bigger than the other places. He says the people are friendly and the food is good. The staff is very nice and helpful. They have a lot of stuff going on.

September 22, 2014

By Shay2

I really like El Dorado, but my mom wasn’t able to do her medications, so it just didn’t fit for her. Based upon what I thought, I would definitely recommend that. Everyone was so friendly and welcoming. The dining was like a dining out type with waiters that took your order. The whole facility was very nice, well up-kept, and the rooms are way more than anything I would have even imagined. If my mother’s dementia weren’t so bad that would have been the spot that I would choose for her. They had bingo, cooking, they didn’t have any stoves in the rooms, but they did have one in the common area that the residents could access as they wanted. They have date nights where they watch movies, and a library. The resident manager came in and had lunch with us, and everyone wanted to be there. If they decide to go to Florida for the next two weeks, their rent still covers them there and wherever in the country they have a facility, and that is wonderful.

August 27, 2014

I went to one that is really expensive and really nice called The El Dorado. It was a beautiful facility. The inside and outside were lovely. The grounds were beautiful. The food was great. The place was really luxurious. I wish I could afford it. The rooms were beautiful and a nicely sized. The halls were wide. It's really a first class place. The staff was just as nice as they could be.

February 28, 2014

By Kay23

The staff at The El Dorado were friendly and my mother was happy there. It was just apartments for the residents. The food was good and they had plenty of activities like bingo and outings, although she did not do any of them. I would recommend this place to other people.

June 07, 2013

By Mary61030850

At El Dorado, the place was really nice looking. We saw the apartments and they looked really nice. We like them, but we're looking for assisted living facilities.

September 23, 2011

By Kay Paggi

This is an independent living community that has most of the amenities of assisted living. The building is 15 years old, and is in the process of complete remodeling. It was originally built with interesting room configurations, such as octagonal rooms in some units. There are 100 apartments ranging from studio/efficiencies to 1,000 sq ft 2-bedroom. The building is light and airy, with a 3 story skylight in the middle of the lobby. There are 2 floors of apartments. The building has several community rooms; one with a large screen TV for movies, another with overstuffed chairs and bookshelves filled with books, and another with a billiard table and plenty of game tables. The dining room is large, with a grand piano on a raised dais. Plenty of light in this area, too. All food is made from scratch by a chef. There is a beauty parlor with 2 chairs, and an area with 3 exercise machines. Part of the remodel is to add a gym that can be used for outpatient rehab. There are 3 types of church services each week. New furniture for the dining room is on order. ALL apartment have a 2nd door leading onto a private patio. The patio has a 'sticky' floor to reduce chance of falling. Apartments have a small kitchen with refrigerator and sink and cabinets. Residents may cook in their building's kitchen if they want to bake a cake or favorite recipe. There is plenty of closet space. Rooms can be painted a variety of colors to suit the tenant's tastes. Pets are accepted, as long as the residents can take care of them. There are 4 laundry rooms for residents' use. The staff does weekly housecleaning and flat linen. In addition to flat (no point system) base rent, there is an enhanced rental plan that can include companion care, cueing to activities, assistance with dressing and bathing and other personal care. There is a medical home care agency housed in the building that can assist with medications, and doctor-ordered therapies. There are 4 live-in managers, so someone is always in the building in case of midnight emergencies. Rooms have emergency pull cords. El Dorado is located on the west side of Richardson, about a block from the Richardson Senior Center. The van from El Dorado makes 3 daily trips to the Senior Center. This is a 'bridge' loving place, and there is a full activity schedule with lots of creative happenings. The average age is 82, and most residents live here for years. There is almost no staff turnover.

Costs for The El Dorado

Photos of The El Dorado

Services and Amenities of The El Dorado

• Dining Extra: Private Dining Room, Resident Kitchen

• Hiking Trails
  • Features Extra: Laundry Room For Use, Chapel, Library, Locked Mailboxes, Elevator, Parking: Covered

• Technology Extra: Business Center, Wi Fi In Common Areas

• Activities Extra: Billiard Lounge, Game Room, Activity Room

• Pets: Most Pets Allowed

About The El Dorado

The El Dorado is located in Richardson, TX, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

So come to The El Dorado for a visit...and stay!

Map of The El Dorado