The Legacy at Willow Bend

Reviews of The Legacy at Willow Bend

Assisted Living Reviews for The Legacy at Willow Bend

August 21, 2017

By Janice

The Legacy at Willow Bend has almost everything that you would need. There are people to help you get dressed or shower, or with whatever you need. The amenities are OK, and we have activities every day. They help us with our laundry, and the apartments are cleaned once a week. The food is pretty varied, and you can get just about anything that you want. We have crosswords where they put a big sheet up on a board and read you the clues and we guess what the word is. The place is very clean, neat, and well kept.

July 14, 2016

By Elizabeth008833

The legacy was very nice, and we liked it, but it was a buy-in, and we were looking for a rental. The place was very nice with independent villas which we really liked, and the facility was top notch. The staff was very nice and very helpful.

January 23, 2016

By realsnow

Thank you so much for helping me get word to my mother who is in Assisted living. She w as having trouble answering her phone and your great staff helped me out. Thank You.

October 31, 2015

By Anonymous Lady3

We visited The Legacy at Willow Bend for my mother. It is 5-star across the board. Everything was great. Residents were very happy, very busy, and active. Everybody looked like they were really having a good time.

December 13, 2014

By Carol96887350

The Legacy at Willow Bend is a really nice facility, and they have a lot of activities. I would recommend this facility, but it's pretty expensive.

August 06, 2014

By lcarlton83

We had my mom here over the weekend for hip surgery recovery and it was a horrible experience. On quick glance the place is pretty and nice. The downfall is the staff. The nursing aids were very rough with my mom. They didn't introduce themselves as they worked with her. They treated her like a piece of meat. They were impatient and uninformed about her condition. The nurses on duty were clearly overworked and did not want to be bothered by family. Needless to say it was traumatic to have to move her but I am so glad we did. She is so much happier, but she keeps asking if the mean ladies are coming back. Do yourself a favor and no matter what facility you look at - watch the staff. I do think the therapy part of the place seems good. If your patient does not need help with bathrooming and turning and getting up you might be okay. That said, the place has a very bad attitude. Since leaving we have met numerous people who have had a bad experience at Legacy at Willow Bend. Grateful to have my mom in a good safe place now.

February 26, 2014

By Marjorie12

The Legacy has several levels. I'm in the independent living. The activities are wonderful. There are many programs and they are quite varied. There are lectures and briefings of various kinds. Some of these are given by people from the outside and some by residents. There are also excursions to interesting events in the area and transportation is provided for many of those. There is a large swimming pool. There is an exercise room with a great deal of equipment. There are art classes and exercise classes. The apartments are very nice. They are unusually spacious and they're modern with granite counter tops and stainless steel appliances. The staff is extremely nice, very pleasant and very helpful. The food is industrial food with many artificial ingredients. I would recommend them to people who weren't chemically sensitive. It's like living in an art gallery. There are 30 Salvador Dali lithographs and there are three LeRoy Neiman serigraphs and there is any number of George Tobolowsky steel sculptures around the grounds and all of these have been donated. It's a very beautiful facility.

May 09, 2012

By Myriam Delhy

very good nurses working ther Good food Clean with a hospital en dementia care and independence living. Couple can sty close or together

August 10, 2011

By kpaggi

The Legacy is a beautiful, gorgeous!, new community in Plano just minutes from the Dallas North Tollway. This elegant, gated community sits on 28 acres. It is a CCRC with independent, assisted living, memory care and health care/rehab. Assisted living apartments can be leased on a monthly basis. The assisted living area has 40 apartments on 2 floors, both 1 and 2 bedroom units. Each has a small kitchenette and large closets. Living here is similar to living in a boutique hotel; a large staff tries to meet the individual needs of each resident. There is a movie theater, pool and gym, and exercise class 7 days a week. An LVN is on duty 24/7. Activities here are age-appropriate and 'sophisticated'. The food is spectacular. There is a large Jewish population, and Jewish, as well as Christian, tradition and holidays are observed. Each resident has a pendant that has an GPC tracking device; they can activate this for assistance wherever they are in the community. There is a dog park and grounds for walking. Every resident has a personal trainer, if desired, included in the fee.

Nursing Home Reviews for The Legacy at Willow Bend

November 06, 2016

By tshoa

My family had an awful experience here. They are horribly under staffed. They could not handle my moms level of care. Our parent was sitting in urine for hours. I had to actually transfer my parent more than ten times because no one was there to help. They would not help our parent use the toilet and only allowed them to go in a diaper. Therapy was a complete waste of time. This place is horrible.

July 14, 2016

By Elizabeth008833

My husband was in The Legacy for three weeks for rehab. It was nicely furnished, and the food was very good. He appreciated that very much. They had separate sections for rehab. The staff was very patient, accommodating, and helpful.

April 14, 2016

By hinnya

Awesome place one of the best rehab, my uncle moved to this rehab after had a bad experice at another rehab. my Aunt and uncle love this place.. fast response from the nurses and attendents. best care... can not ask for more...thank you

November 09, 2015

By Steven25

My father is in The Legacy. It has four levels of care: memory care, independent living, assisted living, and a nursing home. The food is okay. The staff is attentive and hard-working.

April 30, 2015

By epower

I am the daughter of a 91 year old independent father. Dad moved to LWB Independent Living 2 1/2 years ago. He came kicking and screaming as he did not want to leave his home in Houston. He now aplologizes and thanks me for giving him the opportunity to live his life amongst wonderful friends and staff. As dad says, he is part of a truly caring "community". In January 2015, dad had an episode of congestive heart failure. He was hospitalized for 5 days and then was discharged to LWB rehab., where he lived for 2 months, receiving excellent care by the nursing staff and therapists under the direction of their physician. Dad was discharged back to living independently after 2 months in rehab. He then received The Legacy at Home, Home Health Care in his apartment. Dad's health is back to where he was prior to his congestive heart failure episode. WE can't thank Legacy enough for their excellence in caring! Knowing that dad lives in a CCRC has given both of us peace of mind and dad is truly living life to the fullest. Thank you to The Legacy Senior communities caring staff! With gratitude, Elise Power

October 31, 2014

By nancyb257

My mother just recently left this facility. I cannot say enough good things about the staff and our experience. The staff were very helpful and the therapy was excellent. I do believe that she left doing better than she was before she went in to the hospital who sent her there. We feel very blessed to find the facility. The Social Worker was wonderful and help set up things for her when she went home. She has even chosen to go back to them for her out patient therapy. If you are looking for a great place to go through rehabilitation after therapy, check them out.

August 10, 2014

By lcarlton83

We had a horrible experience at that facility. Such a pretty place but horrible care. I have never witnessed such cold and mean spirited staff. We were afraid to leave my mom alone here. Please look for someplace that has kind, engaged staff. So sad that it looks good which lures people in.

March 03, 2014

By dixiedog

Don't judge it by the beauty of the building. My mother lives there now. So many things have happened there I won't have enough space to list them all. The most important thing is that the medication person made a mistake and no staff member knew about it until a resident questioned it. Then we got a call from the nurse with the news that our mother had been affected by it. Really, no checks in place for medications? Mom is still there so and we feel she is not able to move at this time, so I won't say more for fear of repercussion against her. By the way, they allow some caregivers to work 16 hour shifts back to back. All I can say is don't put a loved one in that place.

August 22, 2012

By bRODY250

The facility is very clean. I think for the needs of our loved one it is very nice . Some of the staff always have a warm greeting where they need to have others learn from Peggy. Net, Tara . They are super CNA 'S .

August 11, 2012

By grandmother of six

I had a step-father in this facility Spring/Summer 2010. Since that date, I have had much difficulty getting necessary forms signed for the VA. First time took several months and the second time took 5 months. Because it took so long the second time, my step-father has been denied VA benefits. I asked Legacy if they would give me a letter stating the length of time it took to get my form signed was out of my control so I can appeal the VA denial and Legacy refuses to help me. I would avoid this place if you are going to need signed documents.

June 13, 2012

By commercesd

While in the area, we happened upon The Legacy at Willow Bend. We had been visiting some other facilities around the region as options for my brother's friend. We were glad and impressed that we didn't need an appointment to take a tour of the facility. The staff was welcoming and seemed to really like their jobs. That's really important to the family. The outside grounds were nicely kept, with plenty of seating areas. Residents are encouraged to walk around regularly as they desire and supervision is always available. The indoors were impressive, with a nice library area and a large room for other activities, like board games and computers. There are other areas where residents may read, sit with friends or just relax. The film collection looked interesting - and they have their own movie theater - sometimes venturing into town to see foreign and independent films, experience theater, dance and other cultural events. We liked the exercise room where they had yoga mats and machines and a pool. They also have scheduled classes for those who are interested and personal trainers. The private living spaces were really nice - fresh, clean, airy and nicely decorated. The food in the dining room was extremely well prepared - the smells were terrific and it was clear that the residents were really enjoying their meals. This is a wonderful community that is designed in an upscale fashion, where every resident is very well cared for.

March 31, 2012

My mother went there for rehabilitaion after a mild stroke. They started her on a regimen of strong psychotropic drugs which caused severe behavior issues and physical side effects. She suffered two falls there because the drugs made her dizzy and she was left alone on the toilet. The director of nursing and the staff were more concerned with their own social activities than caring for the patients. Diabetic dietary instructions were ignored and the food was awful. Toilet assistance was sporadic at best. I once found a dirty adult diaper in the drawer with my mother's clothes. She developed a huge bedsore from being left in wet diapers all day. The facility is modern and attractive, but the care is horrible.

November 17, 2011

By Myriam Delhy

every day there is a program. It is clean Nice Open smells good a gym a pool therapy

August 19, 2011

By Kay Paggi

Memory Care Reviews for The Legacy at Willow Bend

Services and Amenities of The Legacy at Willow Bend

About The Legacy at Willow Bend

The Legacy at Willow Bend is a senior living provider in Plano, Texas that offers residents Assisted Living, Assisted Living, Nursing Homes, and Memory Care. Contact The Legacy at Willow Bend for more details on services and rates.

Map of The Legacy at Willow Bend