The Wellington at North Richland Hills

Reviews of The Wellington at North Richland Hills

Independent Living Reviews for The Wellington at North Richland Hills

May 15, 2017

By hello1234

Wouldn't ever take my family here. Rude office staff and horrible service in the dinning room. Waited 1 hour for food.

July 01, 2016

By Lori234413

The Wellington (The Wellington at North Richland Hills) is where I ended up for my mom. My mom is liking it a lot. The rooms are spacious at this community. They have an exercise room, a little beauty shop, and barbershop. We ate lunch once, and the food was good. They have lots of different activities going on.

May 17, 2016

By LauraSWEGG

The Wellington was nice, but it had an institutional feel and was not as homey. The apartments were nice, but a little bit more expensive and not in my dad’s budget. The staff seemed pretty nice.

February 22, 2015

By James101839150

We got my mother into the Wellington. It seemed cleaner. The lighting was better, and the rooms were bigger. I enjoyed talking with the people that run the place. The staff there is excellent. I've eaten there twice, and it is fine. The food is good. They did discuss the activities, and they have quite a few. They go out and take trips. They have transportation. They have a large room with a piano. They have music there once or twice a month for people that come in to play the piano and sing. The residents sing along with them. They have a room for arts and games. We found that it was more economical than others, and there was a lot of feedback on people that really loved it there and enjoyed living there. We looked at other places that were assisted living and rehab. They smelled, the lighting was bad, and I didn't thought it was appropriate.

February 22, 2015

By Sandy82530450

We did get my mom into a community called The Wellington at North Richland Hills. The facility had more activities, and the people there were more friendly and outgoing. When you go there to visit, they seemed to be having a very good time. They weren’t just sitting there, droopy eyed. They were visiting one another, and they were engaged in activities. They would stop us in the hallway and introduce themselves. They would ask what we were doing there, we said that we are visiting my mother, and they said they loved to have her. There was a lot of personal interest from the residents, and that just really impressed me. The staff was very helpful and excellent. When we walked around with them, they knew the names of the residents. The residents would call them by names. They would comfortably interact with the people who were out and about. You could see there was an affection between both resident and the staff member. The one that we got for mother was a 1-bedroom with a kitchenette, a very nice size. The bathrooms have all of the necessary accoutrements for someone who needs aids and things. The bedroom is large; she has no problem getting around her furniture, even when she needs a wheelchair. There is an excessive amount of space, and there’s a walk-in closet. It’s very well setup for her needs. They have board games and cards, and I noticed after dinner there are about four or five tables were people would get together and play several different type of card games in one of the activity rooms. There is a room designated for movies. They also have a Wii setup in there, and they have Wii bowling that they take very seriously. Every week, there’s root beer floats and they have another activity room where they have a sole kitchen up there. If someone wants to go up and make something for a group of their friends or the family, then they go up. There is everything that you need. We have been very surprised by the quality of the food, and we asked the residents before my mother actually moved in. On several occasions I went over there, and we had lunch with one of the residents. My husband and I had dinner and lunch there. Each unit has a little porch so that the residents can get out and on to their porch. The outside and the front has a long porch with some lovely furniture, and we’ve been having some really lovely days here. We normally see two or three people sitting on the porch. That has just been totally different.

February 19, 2015

By nana65

I can highly recommend The Wellington of NRH. Our family toured the facility last week and we were extremely impressed. All the staff was friendly and had been employed there for a long period of time The dining area was very open and reminded us of a resort like a atmosphere. We feel very comfortable for our mother to come and live there.

September 21, 2012

They were all good and very helpful. We didn't have a bad experience with any of them. The staff was good.

Photos of The Wellington at North Richland Hills

Services and Amenities of The Wellington at North Richland Hills

About The Wellington at North Richland Hills

We are a vibrant community for active, independent seniors, providing services and amenities that free up time and energy for life's pleasures and new friendships. The Wellington attracts an active group of seniors who are interested in sustaining a strong quality of life. Our goal is to enrich the lives of our senior residents by providing an environment that is stimulating physically, mentally, and emotionally.

The Wellington is owned and operated by Capital Senior Living. With many years of experience in senior housing, we are committed to our residents and their worry free lifestyle. Our servces are designed to provide chore-free living in an elegantly appointed, yet affordable environment. We provide our residents numerous lifestyle choices for one affordable monthly fee.

At The Wellington, you'll find the freedom to create the lifestyle you've always wanted. Each morning you'll awake to a colorful palette of possibilities from which to paint your day. From the thoughtfully designed floorplans, to the world-class service and the myriad of recreational opportunities, you may just find that we've thought of everything.

Map of The Wellington at North Richland Hills