Meadow Lakes North Richland Hills, TX

Reviews of Meadow Lakes

Independent Living Reviews for Meadow Lakes

September 13, 2016

By Jenny131723

Meadow Lakes was very nice, but it just wasn’t a good fit for my dad. And the gal who took us on the tour did a fantastic job. She was very good. I thought the apartment was very roomy, very nice, very clean, and well-done.

August 17, 2016

By Cynthia486132

The people at Meadow Lakes were friendly, but I found that they were older. From what I’ve seen from the people, it was not really a mixed community. The staff that I did meet and see were just as cordial and polite. They would acknowledge everyone and were very concerned. I would just not pick this place because of the residents' ages. They had laundry room, game room, and exercise room and bingo, movie night, and little classes for you to join. The place was really nice.

June 18, 2016

By Glenna546086

Meadow Lakes is a very kind, loving, Christian-centered retirement community, like one big family. I wouldn't want to be anywhere else. It felt like home the minute I walked in the door. The rooms are very spacious and have all you need. It's not anything fancy, but it feels like home. You can get a two-bedroom or a one-bedroom. Whatever your needs are, they have it.

June 17, 2016

By Ron516148

I liked Meadow Lakes. They were very kind, and the lady that showed me around was very accommodating. There were a lot of things I liked about it, including the rooms. The dining area was open and efficient. They set up church services on Easter Sunday, so that was good.

May 19, 2016

By LauraSWEGG

Meadow Lakes is excellent. They take time to do the little things. In the laundry room, there’s at least one washer and dryer that’s elevated, so the seniors don’t have to bend down and reach in and see it on a regular level. Dad is in a one-bedroom with a very nice concept and a small oven. Overall, I like the apartment because it’s laid out well. They have loads of activities, like art classes, exercise classes, Fort Worth’s symphony and jazz band come out and play, and outings. The staff is very nice.

April 23, 2016

By Caring Son48

The one that we settled on is Meadow Lakes. I am impressed with the food, the accommodations, and the activities that they have for the residents. It looks like the work ethic of the staff is good. The number and longevity of employees they have is adequate. The rooms are freshly renovated and very roomy with plenty of closet space. We eat there, and the food is excellent and does not taste like institutional food. They have activities, like card games, exercise programs, and trips to ball games or stores and so forth.

February 23, 2016

By AgoodgirlLov

Meadow Lakes was conveniently located right off the highway on my husband’s way to work. I liked the room a lot; it was perfectly set up for me. They have really good groups come in at least once a week. I would recommend them. I am very pleased with their friendliness. They upgraded their dining room, and it’s very lovely. I like this place so much.

February 15, 2016

By A good girl love

I am currently a resident. I am very pleased at the friendlness of my fellow residents. Even with a 40-50 year age gap, I fit in and I have found my true home. The environment is kind, electric with a pleasant and helpful staff, It is conveniently located off of the freeway and the new express way. I was thrilled that I got to have a say in preparing my apartment. As a result, my apartment is set up not only to accommodate my handicap; but also my incessant crafting. There are always planned activities each week. The staff is fantastic in that that I was given the opportunity to share my talents with my fellow residents as well as lead several activities.

September 19, 2013

By Jack11

At Meadow Lakes, the size of their rooms is 50% bigger than where we are right now. Plus, the price is half of what we're currently paying. I like this place. I had lunch there and it was a better lunch than I have had anywhere! This place is absolutely commendable! It has good rooms, good food and good price!

Questions about Meadow Lakes

What places are nearby for independent living residents to enjoy?

Iron Horse Golf Course Next Door Walmart/Sams across the Freeway Northeast Mall a few miles away.

What are some recent off-site events that the community activity director at Meadow Lakes has organized?

Trip to the Bureau of Engraving and Printing in Fort Worth Trip to the Artisan Men Out to Breakfast Group Ladies Out to Lunch Group Afternoon trip to Braums

What transportation services does Meadow Lakes offer to independent living residents?

Scheduled transportation to doctors, banks, shopping such as Walmart on Wednesday and Kroger on Friday.

What makes the chef or dining program at Meadow Lakes exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

Dietary director and chef at Meadow Lakes have both been here over seventeen years! Please come for a meal and sample for yourself!

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

Dining Room Covered Patio with Ceiling Fans and Seating/Outdoor Raised Garden Beds and Greenhouse Library Activity Room for Games Pool Table Fitness Area with Equipment and Weights Wood Workshop

What safety features or security measures does Meadow Lakes offer to independent living residents?

Emergency pull cords are in the residential apartments with 24/7 front desk coverage.

Does Meadow Lakes work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

Home health available on site. Always your choice Licensed, bonded, insured personal caregiving company available on site for help with services such as medication dispensing. Visiting physician groups including geriatric physicians, podiatrists, dentists, etc.

Costs for Meadow Lakes

• Home Sale Assistance
  • Financial Aid

• Pets: All Pets Allowed

About Meadow Lakes

Welcome to Meadow Lakes Retirement Community, exceptional retirement living where residents retire from work, not life. Conveniently located in the heart of North Richland Hills, Meadow Lakes is designed to offer a lifestyle that promotes and maintains your independence and freedom.

Meadow Lakes is ideally located in North Richland Hills near the prestigious Iron Horse Golf Course and the vibrant Richland Hills Church of Christ. With major shopping, medical facilities and banking establishments nearby as well as many fine restaurants and health and fitness centers, Meadow Lakes is perfectly situated for the active retiree.

Meadow Lakes has 120 independent living residences with four unique floor plans from which to choose. They are designed to maximize your personal space - each with an affordable all-inclusive monthly fee.

Map of Meadow Lakes