Brookdale North Richland Hills

Reviews of Brookdale North Richland Hills

Assisted Living Reviews for Brookdale North Richland Hills

March 07, 2015

By Sue102881350

We loved Horizon Bay. My husband is very interested in a garage; that's why he liked the cottages here at Horizon Bay. It is very home-like, clean, and well cared for. It is just like a small version of home. It had a garage and a kitchen. Everything is very spacious. Spacious would be a good word for the cottages. It has two bedrooms places that are spacious.

October 25, 2014

I moved my mom at Horizon Bay North. I chose this because of the proximity of the location. Everybody that I have dealt with that works there is wonderful and took care of my mom very well. My mom says she likes the food, and she is very happy there.

August 05, 2014

By Trina5

My brother-in-law was in Horizon Bay for two years. He had an excellent room that was in a corner at the end of the hall. It had a nice view. It wasn't kept as clean as I would have liked. He needed the room cleaned more often than once a week. We liked the dining area; it was very nice and the food was great originally. They changed owners; then the menu and presentation changed. They weren't as able to help my brother-in-law anymore. The staff was very friendly and nice to us.

June 25, 2014

By George84283450

Horizon Bay North Richland Hills is an older place, and it needs a little bit more updating. There's nothing there that really stands out; they're pretty much generic. Horizon Bay was not that nice, and it was not something that I liked. The staff was friendly. They were very open to helping us find the right place for Mom and Dad. They were very receptive. The rooms were smaller. They showed us the activity menu and the agenda that they had for the guests. They also showed us the dining and snack menu.

May 30, 2014

By Joy17

Horizon Bay was absolutely beautiful. The lady who took us around was very nice and very informative. I would absolutely recommend this place. Mostly I like the sizes of their rooms in the care unit for Alzheimer's. This facility was a secured unit.

May 12, 2014

Horizon Bay was very impressive. It was very nice. However, for the price, the rooms were not very big. The dining facility was not as nice. They basically had the normal array of activities. It was too far away.

January 31, 2014

By Beverley2

Horizon Bay was my dad's favorite place and I liked it too. It looked like a nice and friendly place. The staff was helpful and friendly. The rooms were nice, but they were smaller than the ones in the other facility. I didn't eat there. But my father, sister and brother-in-law went for thanksgiving dinner there and they said the food was very good. I saw their dining room and it was nice. It had a happy kind of feeling. They had activities like games, movies and outings. They were less expensive and my dad really liked that they had a dog run because my dad had a little dog and that was a nice thing for him.

December 31, 2013

By Claire10

It was a really nice facility. The rooms were very nice with lots of windows, very handy to everything. It had washers and driers right next door. The food was absolutely excellent and served all day. They had nurses who were on-call 24-hours a day. They had people there to do your therapy. They had exercise. There was a lot of good things there.

October 24, 2013

Horizon Bay is kind of a combination of independent living and assisted living. It was not maneuverable for somebody that has difficulty getting around. There were elevators to contend with and the rooms were much smaller than the other places. It would not have worked for our needs. The people working there were very friendly and seemed to enjoy working there. If they could place the assisted living residents near the dining hall, that would be a much easier arrangement.

September 21, 2013

By Lane2

When we visited Horizon Bay and my dad liked it because it was an open facility. The staff was extremely helpful and very nice. The rooms were very clean.

July 24, 2013

By caring9883

Horizon Bay was very clean, very well groomed. The staff was awesome but the front office person needs to have better communication.

December 22, 2012

By conoormw

The facility is beautiful, clean and offers a country club feel. The private, independent, apartments are the perfect size, and they allow small pets, my mother has a cat, and also month to month rentals. The services of the facility are about what I would expect; shuttle buses, on call doctors and nurses, housekeeping etc. I was a little disappointed that they did not offer private transportation to and from Doctors for their residents but they assured me they will arrange for a cab to and from the appointment and they are there both when their residents leave and return. I found most of the staff to be very friendly, but a few of the nurses that I had a chance to speak too were abrupt and didn't seem to appreciate my hypothetical questions on how they would handle my mothers care. Other than that though I was very impressed. Though this is the first facility that I have toured in person it had excellent reviews and came recommended and I wasn't disappointed.

January 24, 2012

By commercesd

We went to visit the Horizon Bay - North Richland Hills assisted living facility, when visiting possible place for our aunt. We could see how well the grounds were tended "“ and there was plenty of outside benches and walking areas for residents to get exercise outside safely. All of the community rooms were easy access, nicely designed, spacious and had comforting decors. The residents socialize, read, watch movies and TV, create crafts, play games and use the computer. The senior's living spaces were nicely decorated with their own furnishings to provide the most comfort. The casual dining rooms had beautiful furniture "“ with nice designs for easy access. The formal dining area room hosts special events, parties and can be reserved by the residents for their own private use. The menu options featured a wide and interesting and healthy foods for every dietary need. The meals we saw appeared to be very appetizing. The snacks looked equally interesting and nutritious and are offered regularly and any time the seniors request them. Residents can use the fitness room for classes, or for specially designed programs designed for the training equipment. There are fitness experts who visit regularly to instruct the seniors for the best experience. Many of the residents choose to enjoy most of their exercise outside since the mild climate in Texas is conducive to this. The staff takes residents on walks regularly where they can enjoy each other's companies as well as nature. The residents also get taken into the city to enjoy many excursions and participate in the events of the art museums, galleries, music venues and go shopping. There are also plentiful casual and fine dining establishments for the seniors to enjoy every time they visit the various surrounding cities. The residents seemed to really enjoy living here. Everyone looked calm and peaceful, yet engaged in their lives with the kind and caring staff. Residents here are all encouraged to be as independent as possible, but get assistance easily whenever they require it.

Independent Living Reviews for Brookdale North Richland Hills

Photos of Brookdale North Richland Hills

Services and Amenities of Brookdale North Richland Hills

• Housing Extra: Cottages

About Brookdale North Richland Hills

Brookdale North Richland Hills provides a full range of choices for today's seniors. Choosing a senior living community represents a lifestyle choice and we understand that our residents are choosing much more than a comfortable living environment to call home. Our Brookdale community delivers Inspired Independent Living, with the promise of Exceptional Experiences Everyday. In choosing this community, our residents have made a conscious lifestyle decision designed to deliver enhanced opportunities for pursuing health and life fulfillment through the exceptional services, amenities and opportunities we offer. And, our residents can rest assured that as their needs change we provide a variety of ancillary services and a Personalized Assisted Living environment that encourages our residents to continue to live as they please while respecting individual preferences.

Our Optimum Life&reg and Celebrations programs provide an all-encompassing way of life that touches the lives of our residents, their families and associates alike. Optimum Life&reg is a journey of self-discovery including services, features and benefits that allow each resident to pursue their peak level of health, wholeness and fulfillment while balancing six key dimensions of personal wellness: emotional, intellectual, physical, social, spiritual and purposeful. As part of Optimum Life&reg we encourage our residents to celebrate life each day. Inspired dining and vibrant lifestyle activities come together in our Celebrations program filling the monthly calendar with themed experiences, special events and group activities that highlight different cultures and cuisines in a common venue of camaraderie.

Map of Brookdale North Richland Hills