The Villa at Riverstone

Offers Memory Care

20313 S. University Blvd, Missouri City, TX 77459
The Villa at Riverstone (800) 385-2527
PROMOTION! 3 days

April Showers Bring May Flowers Move in Special. If you move in by May 31st, get one months rent free! Please call for details!

Reviews of The Villa at Riverstone

Memory Care Reviews for The Villa at Riverstone

January 04, 2021

By Jo

I visited The Villa at Riverstone. The people were very nice. The facility was very nice, very clean, and well decorated. It was kind of built in a circle. It looked good. I didn't have a complaint with anything I saw. I just had a feeling that my husband might not be happy there. It felt a little enclosed, but they had places to go outside. The room looked nice. It was one of those Jack and Jill rooms, and it was very clean and nice. I was impressed with the room. I didn't meet any staff members. I only met the person that took me on the tour. I didn't see any people walking around, but the place was very pretty and very decorated for fall. I saw four ladies doing crafts and a man watching TV and that's all the activity I saw. It was in a nice area. It was next to some businesses. I liked the atmosphere. It looked clean from what I could see, and I didn't smell smells. I just walked around the hall and back and I didn't see enough, but I had a good visit with them. They offered me a really good deal to come there, but I found something that was 30 minutes closer to my house. They did a great job taking me around.

Thank you so much for your review! We completely understand that location is a big factor when you are considering a new home for your love done. Im glad you had a good experience on the tour - we are hopeful that after our residents and team members are vaccinated we can extend our tours to include seeing a bit more of the community than the areas we are able to show at this time. Thank you for taking the time to give some feedback and we wish you the best in the New Year!
See all Memory Care reviews (5) See fewer reviews

Questions about The Villa at Riverstone

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

Team members receive 8 hours of dementia training upon hire, as well as monthly in-services where we can roleplay unique situations that have occurred with our residents, related to their individual memory loss.

How many staffers are on duty in the daytime and overnight?

Staffing levels are based on acuity of the residents' healthcare needs.

What programs or activities does The Villa at Riverstone offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

Robust programming focused on those living with memory impairment. Entertainment, music, dancing, art, adult games, walking outside in interior courtyards, and more. Reminiscing about life experiences helps residents tell their stories.

Our licensed nurse, called our Wellness Director, assesses each resident prior to and upon move in, and then on an ongoing basis according to state guidelines or upon change in condition.

What techniques does The Villa at Riverstone use to support memory care residents during mealtimes?

A licensed nurse, our Wellness Director, assesses residents upon move in and ongoing as required by state guidelines, as well as if a change occurs with the resident's health.

How does The Villa at Riverstone keep residents' families informed about their loved ones' health?

We are able to accommodate full assistance for residents who need help eating at mealtime, and can provide socialization for those who eat on their own. Our dishware and utensils cater to residents with memory loss and encourage them to eat.

Describe the neighborhood around The Villa at Riverstone. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

It is located in a mix of residential and businesses, close to some shopping and restaurants.

Is The Villa at Riverstone affiliated with a hospital if more care is needed?

While our community is not affiliated with a hospital, we partner with healthcare providers who can come right into the community as needed, and partner with home care and hospice agencies who can supplement care.

Costs for The Villa at Riverstone

Photos of The Villa at Riverstone

Services and Amenities of The Villa at Riverstone

• Fee Structure Extra: Entry Fee Cost : $2500

• Companion Suites: Yes

• Pets: No Pets Allowed

About The Villa at Riverstone

Villa at Riverstone embraces an innovative approach to life for those living with Alzheimer’s and other memory impairments. Our programs empower each individual to build on their personal strengths and life experiences, enabling moments of joy.

For those living with Alzheimer’s or other types of memory impairments, Villa at Riverstone has created a true community dedicated to memory care. Our memory care program is focused on building positive experiences based on your history and interests.

At Villa at Riverstone, residents enjoy personalized support, as well as amenities, services and innovative programs for a lifestyle of meaning, engagement and fulfillment. Every opportunity is created to live a joyful, purposeful life that enhances and encourages total well-being.

Our philosophy emphasizes your physical, social, intellectual and spiritual wellness to help you achieve personal goals. Villa at Riverstone is conveniently located near dining, shopping, and attractions.

• All-Inclusive Pricing
  • Daily Exercise/Movement
  • Delicious Home-Cooked Nutritious Meals
  • Outdoor Space
  • Respite Available

The Villa at Riverstone is a small one-level thoughtfully designed, well-appointed community that provides exceptional care in a small, cozy home-like environment. We provide personalized care plans and structured activities in a safe, secure, and supportive community that our residents can call home.

Map of The Villa at Riverstone