Brookdale Midland Midland, TX

Brookdale Midland (800) 385-2527

Reviews of Brookdale Midland

Assisted Living Reviews for Brookdale Midland

April 18, 2013

I visited Saddleridge because I looked for a place where my dad could stay. It was a beautiful facility. The people were very nice. I would definitely put my dad there once he agreed to go to assisted living.

September 26, 2012

By mydadsdaughter

My family visited this facility and decided that it would be a good place to provide care for my elderly father. My mother completed all the paperwork and submitted the significant deposit and first month's rent. When my parents went to the facility to move my father in, the facility managers had changed their minds and wouldn't let him come in to the facility. Even though the managers of the facility had visited my parents the day before, the managers decided when my father arrived that he was no longer eligible to live there. Then there were questions about whether my mother would be refunded the thousands of dollars of deposit and rent. It seems like a nice facility but, like so many joints like this one, the management is unprofessional, rude and unreliable. My family is left scrambling under great duress to arrange care for my dad.

Questions about Brookdale Midland

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Brookdale Midland. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Average age of our residents would be late 70s to early 80s. Our residents love to enjoy a good meal with friends. In fact, the residents usually spend an hour after dinner visiting and enjoying each other's company. Their favorite activity is Friday night karaoke where everyone has a chance to be a star!

What programs or activities does Brookdale Midland offer to enrich residents' well-being?

Enriching our residents' lives is the most important part of our day at Brookdale Midland. The B-Fit program offer daily exercise opportunities for our residents. Flex Your Brain is offered to keep our minds in shape also. Socialization opportunities abound and there is always someone ready to listen and share. Menu Chat offers our residents a chance to have a say in what's happening in our dining services program.

What places are near Brookdale Midland or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

Brookdale Midland is located on Loop 250 with easy access to many conveniences. Restaurants nearby include Swenson's, Outback Steakhouse, Chili's and Abuelo's. There are several shopping centers along the Loop as well as the Midland Park Mall, Wal-Mart, Hobby Lobby and many more.

What transportation services does Brookdale Midland offer to assisted living residents?

Our Brookdale Midland community has two vehicles - our passenger bus with loading deck and our Ford Flex which can offer transportation for smaller groups. We offer transportation to Wal-Mart every Monday and scheduled medical appointments. Residents are encouraged to request additional shopping locations such as HEB and Target.

What makes the chef or dining program at Brookdale Midland exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

Our residents love hamburgers and grilled cheese which are always available. Special requests such as ribs, fried okra and cornbread can frequently be found on the menu as well. Our residents appreciate choices so we work daily to offer many options.

What safety features or security measures does Brookdale Midland offer to assisted living residents?

Brookdale Midland is currently working on installing a state of the art security camera system to provide additional protection for our residents. Our front doors are locked every evening and guests are asked to sign in upon arrival.

How does Brookdale Midland keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

The team at Brookdale Midland maintains an open door policy for residents and families. We are quick to respond based on our customer preference such as email, mail, phone, text - we are here for you!

If Brookdale Midland accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Yes, we do accept small dogs and cats. We have walkways around the community and pets are welcome in our common areas.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

Monthly inservices are mandatory for our teams.

What safety features or security measures does Brookdale Midland provide to protect residents who wander?

Residents that may be prone to wander would be referred to a secured Memory Care community in Midland.

Photos of Brookdale Midland

Services and Amenities of Brookdale Midland

• Low Fat
  • Low Salt

• Pets: Yes

• State Licenses: 000-323

About Brookdale Midland

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Map of Brookdale Midland