The Chateau Mckinney, TX

Reviews of The Chateau

Independent Living Reviews for The Chateau

June 24, 2021

By Patricia

The Chateau was very nice, but the rooms were kinda small. After I went there, I realized that's not a place I want to go yet. There were things that I wanted like an attached garage (which they did not have) and a patio (which they did not have for the independent living). I guess I didn't feel I was ready for The Chateau. They had activities, a gym, swimming, bingo, and painting. They had a big movie room, and they show movies periodically. They had card games. The staff was wonderful. The lady that gave us the tour was just the nicest, most pleasant, very informed, and very kind. Everything looked good. The other thing that I was amazed at was it was so big. I was thinking that I'll get lost here. She said if you leave your place and you keep walking, you'll end up back at your place because it's a square.

February 07, 2021

By Ellen

The Chateau Mckinney was nice. It was not as new as the others, but it was very well-kept. They were very cautious, clean, and getting temperatures and all that stuff as far as someone coming in. The people were very welcoming and very knowledgeable. Anybody we talked to was very welcoming. They were all good. The rooms had a variety, some had patios and some had balconies. This place was very upscale, yet the pricing was reasonable. This really stood out as an apartment for elder people who want to live with little people around them and they can make friends with themselves. It wasn't like there was no one there that needed help because you can tell most of them did, but it was very welcoming and you didn't feel closed-in.

January 07, 2020

By Anne

The Chateau was very nice, very bright, and pretty. There was a lot of attention to detail, making it look sharp. The staff was excellent. They were ready for me, greeted me and my son, and we spent time visiting. We looked at some apartments. The salesperson was very pleasant and answered all of our questions. I was very impressed.

Hi Anne, thank you for your kind words about our community! If you have any further questions about joining our community, please do not hesitate to reach out.

August 10, 2019

By Shirley

The Chateau is great. I like to play bingo, use the library, and go for walks. There's also a swimming pool. The outside area is beautiful; there's beautiful trees, flowers, and a nice sidewalk. The staff is very helpful and very friendly. They make the residents feel at home. It's a very neat, very clean, and beautiful building. They have a very good offering of activities.

March 06, 2019

By Carol

My mom is living at The Chateau. It's great and she's getting used to it. She gets three meals a day and I don't have to worry about her cooking for herself. The facility is all indoors and she has indoor hallways so she doesn't have to go outside in inclement weather. The staff is all very caring. They have a lot of activities. It was also the least expensive place.

June 26, 2018

By Kelly

My parents spent a night at The Chateau. The apartment is very nice. However, the place is a little too large for my mother. Because she doesn't have much stamina with her walker going from place to place, so it is a little too big. The hallways and the common areas could use sprucing up, but they are still nice. The people are very nice. There are lots of activities. It is senior living and not assisted living, but they offer three meals a day. The food is very good.

April 30, 2018

By DS

The Chateau was nice, and I liked the two-bedroom apartment. The people and staff were nice and very friendly. They served three meals.

November 10, 2017

By Raymond

The Chateau had everything that my mother was looking for. It had a good look to it, which was kept up well. The apartments were nice. I saw a 1-bedroom apartment. They have library and a dining area, which was nice. I did like the common areas and the courtyard. The staff was great.

April 12, 2017

By Shirley847383

The Chateau is OK. Everybody is really nice, and I am pleased with the apartment. Everything is OK. The food is OK, and the rooms are good. They have card games, exercises, dominoes, movies, Bible study, and other things.

December 16, 2016

By Cathy246244

The Chateau was a beautiful place. I would love to live there. The amenities were just amazing. They had a 24-hour coffee bar and snacks, and the dining room with salad bar was just amazing. They even treated us for lunch one day. I ate really good fried shrimp. They even had a pool. It was a beautiful place; unfortunately, it was independent. We had a wake up call that my mom was not a candidate for independent living anymore. It would be too dangerous because she has dementia, so this community was not an option for her at all.

November 08, 2016

By Mary154148

The Chateau had bad food and bad dining service, and I did not like the dining room. They said they’re redoing the breakfast room, but they should redo the dining room instead. Their rooms are good; I’m looking for 2-bedroom, 2-bathrooms, and they will let you put in things you want at your own expense. They seemed to have a good staff and a good social calendar that I went over with them. There were classes, exercises, book clubs, and Bridge, and they seemed to be good. It also has a bus service to the church I went to.

November 06, 2016

By Diane518752

The Chateau has been a great place, but my mother-in-law has to go into memory care. She needs to go into a locked facility, and this is not locked. They have two services here that you can get as you need it. It’s been a great place, and we hate to leave it, but we don’t have a choice. The staff was super -- very friendly and very helpful. They replaced the low toilet with a high toilet and put a bar in the showers, so very great. Their price is reasonable compared to everybody else. They have all kinds of activities going on. They can take them shopping, and they have a movie room, people such as comedians come in, and kids come in and sing. The staff is very friendly, and they make it a home-like environment. They have a pool, a workout room, and a movie room, and they have different places all over the building with different games, so there are plenty of things to do.

September 19, 2016

By Nan644883

The visit at The Chateau was very nice also. Everyone was very friendly and helpful. We had a delightful visit and enjoyed touring the facility. There was a quite a price difference between this facility and the other facility we visited. We had lunch there, and the food was wonderful. They did a very nice thing for us, that they put us with another couple that we can talk with about the facility, and I thought that was very nice.

September 19, 2016

By Chris532414

The tour at the Chateau was OK; it was a very nice facility. It has a lot of amenities; there’s a pool. The rooms were just a little bit not to the liking of my dad, but we liked the lay out.

September 13, 2016

By Mamadi

I have lived in the Chateau for the past 6 months. . My husband had died and I needed to be nearer to our only child. My daughter and I located this on Internet! We scheduled a tour! It was/is far nicer than I ever imagined I would be able to live in? The amenities are far superior to the places I had checked out and much more reasonably priced! You need to check it out if u are in need of a new living situation.I

November 15, 2015

By Tony27

The Chateau was a very nice place, and we had a very good experience there. They were very nice, and the tour went well. The facility was a little newer. I walked away very impressed with it and liked it a lot. It had a large common dining room and an ancillary smaller dining area set up for tables of four to eight, which allowed for small and large groups. It was table service, so they take your order and serve you.

November 09, 2015

By Steven25

The Chateau was a nice place; however, it seemed like the place is not as well-maintained as it should be. The carpeting is worn and stained, and the wooden shutters are not being maintained. They have so many residents that they need to have two meal times there, which I don’t like.

November 07, 2015

By Marsha29

The reason why I chose The Chateau is because it had an attached garage, and it also had solid flooring. There was no carpet and no need to make any changes. All the entryways were handicapped-accessible, and it also had no need for a cutout in the tub. It was a walk-in shower, which was huge. Their apartments were bigger compared to the other place I saw.

September 30, 2015

By Kay45

The Chateau was very nice and very clean. The only thing about it was the food; it was bad. We had lunch there, and it was barely edible. Other than that, it was really a great place.

September 14, 2015

By Don113129350

I visited The Chateau. It’s a very nice place with good food and good entertainment. The rooms were nice. They have several activities available.

August 10, 2015

I visited the Chateau, and it was probably one of the better ones that I looked at. They were bigger rooms, the dining area was large, and it was nice.

July 20, 2015

My mother liked the Chateau very much, and the experience was very positive. The thing that she likes about the environment is that it is a retirement apartment with amenities and three meals a day, which is what she needs. She loves the freedom to be able to go where she want to at the same time have somebody cook meals for her. There were some things that she is getting used to, but I think it’s more a matter of adjustment. It had a lot of great views and it was only 4 miles away from us.

June 29, 2015

By Dartha

The Chateau was excellent. It was wonderful, but it was too expensive. I loved The Chateau. The food was wonderful. The apartments are wonderful. The management staff was wonderful. I even met employees and residents, and I had no complaints about them at all. It was near hospitals, restaurants, and shopping. It was beautiful community. I used to live in that area. I would highly recommend it.

April 05, 2015

By Deluded Daughter

I visited the facility with my mother in December. The sales rep was very nice and gave us a great tour of the facility. He said the food was good and they prepare healthy meals to meet the needs of the residents. My Mother moved here in January. The staff is nice and they work to provide activities and a nice environment for the residents. The food, however is a deal breaker (mom is not a picky eater). They offer very few vegetables, are heavy on carbohydrates and not diabetic/heart healthy. Some of the food is close to inedible. Residents can't opt out of the meals for a lower rate on rent. They do have kitchens in the apartments but why should they pay for food twice? The residents have complained to management and to corporate and nothing changes. If my mother had any idea the food was this pitiful I'm sure she wouldn't have move here. We may need to explore other options when her lease expires.

Hi, I'm Katie, I work at Holiday Retirement Home Office. I'm so very sorry to hear that your mom is having a negative experience at The Chateau. I'm even more disappointed to learn that residents have already brought their concern with the quality of food to management and us here at Home Office but feel as if there's been minimal change. I'm sending your review onto our Resident Relations Department for their investigation. Please know that you're welcome to call us as well at 1-800-370-8331. Thank you and my apologies once more, Katie

March 31, 2015

I visited one a couple of weeks ago in McKinney, but I haven't made a decision. The name of the place is The Chateau. The staff was very nice and very helpful. They answered any questions, took me around, and showed me the various apartments. They were nice. It is a nice facility, but I'm not ready to move in there, and I don't have the resource to do that right now anyway. There was some kind of person there leading a song or singing a song. The apartments were nice and well done.

March 27, 2015

By Danielle5

I had a very nice visit at The Chateau. They showed me just about everything, and I really think that that would be a good place for my parents. The Chateau would definitely be a good choice. It seemed like they have a lot of amenities and a lot of different programs. All the people weren't staying in their rooms; they were just walking around, and they were having a program at the time that I was there. Some guy was singing in their big living area, and a lot of people were there. They have a lot of scheduled activities. They have an exercise room, a pool, a movie room, and a room where people can do what they want when they want. The rooms at The Chateau had a kitchen area, a small dining/living area, a nice size bedroom, and a closet. There was even room in that apartment for a washer and dryer if they want to bring one. The facility was very clean. The staff that I did meet was all very pleasant, even one of the cleaning ladies and the maintenance man were just very nice.

December 28, 2014

By Mrs.PC-N

I wish I had known places like this existed before my husband died. We would have been so much more comfortable and his life would have been enhanced being around others our age and activities that didn't require a vehicle to get to. Instead of being cooped up in the house, he would have access to many activities in his wheelchair. But now that its just me, I feel safe and carefree for the first time since he died. My kids are relieved. And most of all I'm very happy that I made this move before I "had" to. My kids don't have to go through a monster of a house sorting through things that should have been trashed long before. No sorting, no burden on them. I culled my possessions down to only what I needed and what they didn't take, the Salvation Army was happy to. I am so relieved that everything is done. But most of all I love the small space, lots of windows, high ceilings and decorated to my taste, its beautiful. I love that our front doors are enclosed in a locked building with security gates. Yet the way it was designed gives me plenty of privacy and actually more room than I need. And I have to admit that I love not living around children and teens and partying adults. Set back off the road, it is private and surrounded by green space, yet in the heart of McKinney and very close to all my family. This is what retirement should be like, a vacation at a plush hotel condo, all inclusive.

September 08, 2014

My grandmother is now living in The Chateau. Her apartment is really nice. It is an all inclusive facility and has a lot of things for seniors. The staff working there is very friendly and helpful. I would say that the food and their dining room are adequate.They usually play cards, bingo and watch movies. They also have trips to places like casinos.

August 28, 2014

The Chateau was very, very nice. It was a little casual than the other facility. It was more casual living; it was not quite so high-end. They have everything that you can imagine. They have activities. They have movie theater, billiards, game room, exercise room, I mean, they have everything. They have social recreations. They take them on trips to places. It is actually where I'm going to put my dad. The apartments were extremely reasonable for the amount of space you get. They have a lot of apartments for a lot less than what the other facility has. The food was great. It was awesome. It was excellent. All the people were very, very friendly there. I would definitely recommend this place.

April 22, 2014

The staff at The Chateau were extremely busy, but they did make sure that they came in and checked on me, although I spent more time with the nurse there. It's located in a nice location. What I don’t like is that in their dining room, a lot of people had to go through a lobby and carry their own food, and we are talking about a lot of people who have walkers and everything else, and we know they can't carry their own food.

January 20, 2014

By 4JP

The Chateau is McKinney is a beautiful facility on the outside BUT it's what's on the inside that counts most. Please read this and think twice before you move in or move your loved ones here. When I first found The Chateau, I was excited to think my parents could live there because it's a pretty facility and is relatively clean, for the most part. I looked at it several times and then brought my parents for a visit and meal. They decided to make it their home. At first, things seemed pretty good, but we soon found that they don't live by what they advertise. In less than a year, they have had a lot of turnover, including 3 sets of live-in managers that are/were often quite short and not awfully friendly with the residents. The food was good, but it has gone down in quality quickly. The meals are not healthy for many of the residents and they herd them through a serving line like animals. If a resident tries to serve themselves tea or coffee, they are snapped at and told to leave the drinks alone and wait for an employee to serve them. Residents are promised moving reimbursements and then wait 6 months to get it or never receive it. The poor staff members are so overworked because the company pinches every penney and never hires enough staff. After less than a year, my parents and many residents were informed their rent was going up. My parents' rent was raised $300.00, yet they were promised 2 years with no increase in rent. They did get this resolved after they gave notice that they were moving. Many residents are leaving because of this. I wish I could say something positive, but it has been a very disappointing experience. Before you move in or move a loved one in, read employee reviews of the Holiday Company which owns The Chateau. It's very sad that our aged family has to experience a place like this, when they've trusted, (because of the false picture that the property renting agents paint) that they're leaving their homes to move to a place that truly cares about them. It's pretty much a line of bull and I'll never forgive myself for falling for it and letting my parents move there. I'm so happy that they're not there any longer. I sincerely hope this review makes those considering The Chateau to think twice and look elsewhere and not make the same mistake we did.

Hello, thank you for taking the time to rate and review our community. We regret to hear of these concerns as we aim to provide a positive and fulfilling environment for our residents, staff, and family members. We appreciate you sharing this feedback, and hope to get another chance to show you how great our leadership is.

November 27, 2013

By Marjorie11

We liked the apartment at The Chateau. We had two-bedroom apartment. The facility has about 200 apartments. They have water aerobics and then they have a fitness center. They also take you Wal-Mart, to Target, and to all several stores. Once a week, the residents are out to go to restaurants. They also take the residents on a trip a couple of times a month. They basically keep the residents busy. The staff were very good with the residents. When we made an appointment, they invited us for lunch and the food was good. My only complaint is that it's geared more towards assisted living.

July 24, 2013

By Caring 9907

The Chateau is reasonably priced. It's a large, clean, full facility and it looks good.

Questions about The Chateau

Describe the overall population of independent living residents at The Chateau . What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

What transportation services does The Chateau offer to independent living residents?

What makes the chef or dining program at The Chateau exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

What safety features or security measures does The Chateau offer to independent living residents?

If The Chateau accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Does The Chateau work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

Costs for The Chateau

Photos of The Chateau

Services and Amenities of The Chateau

• Housing Extra: Handicap Barrier Free Units Available, Individual Climate Control, Safety Rails In Bathroom, Telephone Hookup, Washer Dryer Hookup

• Dining Extra: Private Dining Room

• Hiking Trails
  • Pool
  • Features Extra: Laundry Room For Use, Chapel, Library, Locked Mailboxes, Elevator, Hot Tub, Storage Space, Parking: Covered, Garage, Private

• Technology Extra: Business Center, Wi Fi In Common Areas

• Activities Extra: Billiard Lounge, Clubhouse, Game Room, Activity Room

• Pets: Most Pets Allowed

About The Chateau

The Chateau is located in Mckinney, TX, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

So come to The Chateau for a visit...and stay!

Map of The Chateau