Homestead of Mckinney

Reviews of Homestead of Mckinney

Assisted Living Reviews for Homestead of Mckinney

March 16, 2015

By Advocate4

If I could give this facility zero stars…I WOULD!!! I was visiting a friend and when I got there she was sitting alone in her room with the door closed. There was an overwhelming smell of urine. She was drying soiled underwear and pants on the ventilation system which she had washed out in the sink. There was spoiled/molded food in her room that had been there for weeks. Her feet were black with dirt and it was apparent she hadn't had a bath/shower in weeks. When I asked she told me she had been washing her hair in the sink and bathing herself out of the sink. None of the outlets worked in her room so she didn't have access to the TV or a working clock. The floor was sticky with who knows what. The staff was more than indifferent. When asked questions most would just stare at me and not answer. My motto is treat another person as you would want to be treated. Don't leave your loved one here!!!

January 13, 2014

By Saddie76

This place is horrible. My grandmother was placed here in August. Prior to come her she could get around with a walker , after a month here she was bedridden. She has fallen twice with no explanation as to why. The rooms was dirt ( we took pictures of the poop allmover the seat in the bathroom, blood on the floor in room). Once found her pillow and call button behind her he'd on the floor, she was supposed to have a pillowmunder her arm because her shoulder was frozen in place from last fall, they would not do it. She is now in hospital and the DR told us she was not going back to this place.

December 16, 2013

By Stephanie18

My father was in a hospital and when we were there, they pushed us to go to Park Manor of McKinney. They had somebody at the hospital who came out and talked to us. The lady seemed like she knew what she talked about, so they took dad there in a medical van. When we got there and saw the place, they did not have any administrator who talked to us. The people who worked there did not even know what an oxygen concentrator was. The room was too small with two twin beds. There was no closet only a wardrobe that the residents had to share. The beds were probably older than me and too short for my dad's legs. There was no room to put television even if you wanted to. It smelled of too much Clorox that it burned my lungs. My dad had emphysema and there was no way he could stay there. Everybody was just laying in bed and I had never seem anything like it. We ended up taking him home with us.

June 08, 2013

She was referred and transferred to Park Manor by her physician. The rooms were clean and well-kept. The staff were very attentive and receptive when we asked questions, very helpful too. There were also family conferences. They had a code at the entrance so the patients could not wander outside. Maybe they could do a few repairs but everything is good. Nonetheless, I would recommend to others.

Nursing Home Reviews for Homestead of Mckinney

About Homestead of Mckinney

Homestead of Mckinney is a senior living provider in Mckinney, Texas that offers residents Assisted Living and Nursing Homes. Contact Homestead of Mckinney for more details on services and rates.

Map of Homestead of Mckinney