Heritage Village Mcallen, TX

Offers Independent Living

2105 S Cynthia St, Mcallen, TX 78503
Heritage Village (800) 385-2527
PROMOTION! 27 days

Move-in by March 31st and receive $500 off your first 3 months. Applies to April, May, and June rent. Ask for details when you tour.

Reviews of Heritage Village

Independent Living Reviews for Heritage Village

November 01, 2016

By Leticia261833

The young lady who attended to me at Heritage Village was very nice and very kind. She invited to take my parents on a tour and free lunch. It's nice, clean, and peaceful, and they have everything in there. Everybody is super nice, kind, comfortable, and caring. It's a very nice place.

September 29, 2016

By Dennis203205

I visited Heritage Village. I stayed there for 2 to 3 days, and I was going to accept their offer, but they increased the price. The facility was OK, but it was a little dirty. The room they showed me was fine, but the room I stayed had roaches. The food was not served hot, but it was good. The people there were fantastic.

August 15, 2016

By Concerned Friend385140

Heritage Village was remodeling and putting in new things when I visited. I liked the outside portion of it, and they said they're putting in a new pool. We went down recently for a barbecue, but they didn't have good ribs. A man kept calling me to invite me for that barbecue but when I went there, no one met me so we just sat down at a table and that was the end of it. I think they need to improve on the food and their staff.

Hello friend, thank you so much for visiting us, along with the kind words you shared about our new, re-modeled community - which, as you noted, is indeed getting a beautiful new pool. We are so happy you came, but I am so very sorry to hear about your not being greeted at the barbecue. That is certainly not the experience we aim to deliver, and one we hope to not repeat. I want to thank you for taking the time to share this feedback with us; although we seem to have missed the mark this time around, we will use this as motivation to strive toward delivering an even greater level of excellence the next time.

July 13, 2016

By David257146

We took a tour of the Heritage, and it was like a 5-star hotel. They had really good food and the grounds were awesome.

March 31, 2016

By Jaime and Myrna

Heritage Village is nice and in a very good neighborhood. The lady who attended to us was an awesome person. We took lunch with other people there, and the food was very good. Heritage Village would be a nice place to live. The staff was very focused on the people and the business. They have three chefs there, who we all liked. The staff was great.

January 26, 2016

Heritage Village was nice. The rooms were clean. We got to go inside a room that was available, and we had no complaints about it. It was higher price-wise though, and more like a nice quality hotel. It had a big storm door on the outside, and a nice parking area. It was a good spot.

October 22, 2014

I liked the Heritage Village. It was nice, and they were very good people. Basically, they just showed us the facility and let us know what they do and the fact that my sister would be in her own home and all the food will be given to her. The man that was showing and telling us everything was very informative.

August 25, 2012

By LorenDell

In the six months that my aunt has lived there, I've had great experiences with this facility during my visits, and on the occasion that I've stayed overnight when my aunt's fallen ill. There are plenty of appropriate activities for the residents to enjoy, a point which was important to me after seeing news stories of residents doing nothing but watching TV all day. Every member of the staff that I've met have been very courteous, helpful and had generally great relationships with my aunt. All services I was promised during my initial visit was being taken care of, and I've always been notified on changes with my aunt, who's never had complaints and seems to genuinely enjoy the home. The only two negative incident I can report is being charged monthly fees twice in July, however, it was identified as a mistake and the matter was cleared up in the same day, and I was notified within the hour. The facility is well equipped to handle my aunt's disabilities, with the latest resources and well-trained staff members. I've never seen or heard of my aunt, or any other resident, being mistreated or neglected, something I make to point of asking around about. Overall, I have a very favorable opinion of this facility and would definitely recommend it as opposed to other homes in the city, all of which I researched before moving my aunt into Heritage Village Apartments.

Questions about Heritage Village

Describe the overall population of independent living residents at Heritage Village. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Average age would be 65. They like social gatherings and arts and crafts.

What places are nearby for independent living residents to enjoy?

Beach, Performing Arts, Center Mall, Birding Center, restaurants and shopping centers.

What are some recent off-site events that the community activity director at Heritage Village has organized?

Day trip to South Padre.

What transportation services does Heritage Village offer to independent living residents?

Van transportation to Doctor’s appointments twice a week and shopping twice a week.

What makes the chef or dining program at Heritage Village exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

Our Chef is exceptional. Her meals are delicious and are served with great presentation. They can expect a variety of delicious meals.

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

Billard’s room, library, ice cream parlor, gym, dining area and hair salon.

What safety features or security measures does Heritage Village offer to independent living residents?

Gated community and life alert.

Does Heritage Village work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

Costs for Heritage Village

Photos of Heritage Village

Services and Amenities of Heritage Village

• Fee Structure Extra: Included In Rent: Electric, Gas, Sewer, Water

• Dining Extra: Private Dining Room

• Hiking Trails
  • Pool
  • Features Extra: Laundry Room For Use, Library, Elevator, Hot Tub, Storage Space, Parking: Covered

• Technology Extra: Business Center, Wi Fi In Common Areas

• Activities Extra: Billiard Lounge, Game Room, Activity Room

• Pets: Most Pets Allowed

About Heritage Village

Heritage Village is located in Mcallen, TX, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

So come to Heritage Village for a visit...and stay!

Map of Heritage Village